CmonMrTrouble

Book Tour extended to include London

9 minutes ago, Thosisd said:

I don't want to be one of those people...but I'm thinking of going along to the hotel tomorrow. 

It's a life goal to meet him and I'm starting to think this is the only possible way.

Has anyone ever done it and is there any point? I wouldn't be able to get there until almost 11am.

If I was in London and had the spare time I would go for it. I did it a couple of times many years ago - got his autograph but no photo...mobile phones didn't exist in those days and he wouldn't wait for my brownie to wind on.. The second time I sat outside the wrong hotel for 4 hours.

• Like 1

So good to see so many fans clearly having a really special time there today, life-long memories I'm sure. It seems it didn't take long for one "fan" to rush home and put their book on eBay, a mere £350 starting price no less! (Item 112170379407)

16 minutes ago, havocpaul said:

So good to see so many fans clearly having a really special time there today, life-long memories I'm sure. It seems it didn't take long for one "fan" to rush home and put their book on eBay, a mere £350 starting price no less! (Item 112170379407)

Ink isn't even dry and this money grabbing bastard has it up for £350 but it's ok he is a fan cause he's keeping the wristband. 

Makes me sick

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Just arrived home and can't believe today really happened. I am so sorry for ELC. I found the Waterstones staff really pleasant and friendly, but some of the security staff were pretty officious and there was no excuse for taking the piss in the way they did.

The bonus of seeing him outside the hotel was amazing and so lucky, only about 20 people outside. From someone in the queue he had already come out earlier and signed a few things but, to be honest, I was happier with the photo, as I knew I was getting his autograph later on.

The moment of meeting him passed in a blur, I don't even remember what I said! Think it was just hello, a handshake, quick kiss on the cheek and thanks! 

Not many people seemed to have brought letters so Karen, who,I met in the queue, and I are hoping he will be sitting in bed in Claridges reading ours!! I added a request for him to say hello to Daisey when he is in Christchurch and said I was a member here. I also,put a card in for Patti, as since reading the book, my admiration for her has grown. No idea whether either of them will read them, but I am in dreamland right now.

Going to try to sleep now! Bit worried about Roy!!

By the way, Ann Jones, you look about 21 in your photo. 

B)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, cabbyian said:

Ink isn't even dry and this money grabbing bastard has it up for £350 but it's ok he is a fan cause he's keeping the wristband. 

Makes me sick

Nice to see you, cabby.

He obviously went there to make money. So many wanted to meet their hero and then this scum get a ticket over more deserving people. 

• Like 5

Roy is even harder to find than Daisey's cat was back in spring..

• Like 6

1 minute ago, cabbyian said:

He obviously went there to make money. So many wanted to meet their hero and then this scum get a ticket over more deserving people. 

I agree, I would have loved to have been there and the book would be a treasure to keep always. I guess some people just see pound notes above all else.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Nice to see you, cabby.

Hi Lorraine.. Wanna buy a book?

• Like 2

And I'm sooo happy for everybody, especially Ann. You look so relaxed on the picture, so cool. What a day! Congrats!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cabbyian said:

Makes me sick

He also has the paper bag (that I'm guessing was free with the book) up for 15 quid!

24 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Just arrived home and can't believe today really happened. I am so sorry for ELC. I found the Waterstones staff really pleasant and friendly, but some of the security staff were pretty officious and there was no excuse for taking the piss in the way they did.

The bonus of seeing him outside the hotel was amazing and so lucky, only about 20 people outside. From someone in the queue he had already come out earlier and signed a few things but, to be honest, I was happier with the photo, as I knew I was getting his autograph later on.

The moment of meeting him passed in a blur, I don't even remember what I said! Think it was just hello, a handshake, quick kiss on the cheek and thanks! 

Not many people seemed to have brought letters so Karen, who,I met in the queue, and I are hoping he will be sitting in bed in Claridges reading ours!! I added a request for him to say hello to Daisey when he is in Christchurch and said I was a member here. I also,put a card in for Patti, as since reading the book, my admiration for her has grown. No idea whether either of them will read them, but I am in dreamland right now.

Going to try to sleep now! Bit worried about Roy!!

Just read through the day's events as we've been out tonight.

Ann, I'm so pleased for you, and good on you for thinking of Daisey. 

Couldn't agree more with your sentiments about Patti. 

Good luck getting to sleep. I still lie awake at night thinking how lucky we were to actually go and see Bruce in concert in New Jersey. It was always something other people got to do. 

I'm sure you know that feeling tonight. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, cabbyian said:

You're mellowing in yer old age Ian. Comfort yourself with Utd picking up a point at Anfield.

Spent the afternoon there hoping to slope in if ticket holders didn't show or whatever. Thought you might have wandered along. Even wore a check shirt for you.

9 minutes ago, goonerginge said:

You're mellowing in yer old age Ian. Comfort yourself with Utd picking up a point at Anfield.

Spent the afternoon there hoping to slope in if ticket holders didn't show or whatever. Thought you might have wandered along. Even wore a check shirt for you.

these parasites get on my nerves Doug. 

The amount of happiness today has brought so many of you has made me completely forget about not getting a ticket myself. It honestly makes me so happy to see how thrilled you all are and I hope you cherish these memories forever. :)

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I can't believe it I met Bruce Springsteen 

IMG_20161017_164507.jpg

So happy for you me old mate

• Like 4