• Like 1

Roy!!!! Ann!!! So happy for you both! 

Great photos, both of you!!! 

Ok, tell everything Roy!! 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I can't believe it I met Bruce Springsteen 

IMG_20161017_164507.jpg

Is it really HIM. Is it really NEWCASTLE ROY??? I've stayed up way past my bedtime to see this. Not sure who the other guy in the picture is but just thrilled to know Newcastle Roy is ok. Like I've said before- don't know much about Roy except that he must be pretty awesome and has a lot of good and supportive friends out there. Just waiting to hear about 'Meet Roy' tickets. It's been brilliant to hear about everyone's amazing day. Nice to hear people be happy for each other. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

IMG_20161017_164507.jpg

Who has the bigger smile.:)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ann Jones said:

Just arrived home and can't believe today really happened. I am so sorry for ELC. I found the Waterstones staff really pleasant and friendly, but some of the security staff were pretty officious and there was no excuse for taking the piss in the way they did.

The bonus of seeing him outside the hotel was amazing and so lucky, only about 20 people outside. From someone in the queue he had already come out earlier and signed a few things but, to be honest, I was happier with the photo, as I knew I was getting his autograph later on.

The moment of meeting him passed in a blur, I don't even remember what I said! Think it was just hello, a handshake, quick kiss on the cheek and thanks! 

Not many people seemed to have brought letters so Karen, who,I met in the queue, and I are hoping he will be sitting in bed in Claridges reading ours!! I added a request for him to say hello to Daisey when he is in Christchurch and said I was a member here. I also,put a card in for Patti, as since reading the book, my admiration for her has grown. No idea whether either of them will read them, but I am in dreamland right now.

Going to try to sleep now! Bit worried about Roy!!

So,pleased for you Ann, and so well deserved for all the kindness you have shown here.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

After the handshake I put my arm around Bruce, then I showed him a picture of my son Bruce, he said " arrh man he's gorgeous"  

I thanked him then another hand shake, in this picture it looks like I was going to kiss him, i wasn't I just had to make sure it really was Bruce friggin' Springsteen.

What a great day.

IMG_20161017_164506.jpg

I have a fly in my eye.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

By the way, Ann Jones, you look about 21 in your photo. 

B)

I was thinking this too. :D

• Like 2

This is such a great picture :) -- I'm so happy for you! 

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

IMG_20161017_164507.jpg

• Like 2

I waited outside the front door for a long while and kept hoping like E London that we would get a nod.

They played us well and kept us hoping but never gave any commitment to us at all. Each individual put another absent person in control and no-own ever recognised the status of the patient and quiet secondary queue.

There was nothing they did that was wrong but they could have played the numbers game in our favour given the no shows they had.

So pleased I baled out in time to see the author leave the building and to avoid any abuse from the doorman. That would have been a sorry state.

On reflection, although sad i couldn't blag it,  I am pleased for those with their 15 seconds of fame. Some looked truly moved by the event others obviously need time to process but were blank on their ext.

2 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

IMG_20161017_164507.jpg

RESULT! :D Yaaay! Faaaantastic! Whoop! So happy for you, Roy! 

That smile on your face is priceless. I LOVE this!! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jmw said:

Who has the bigger smile.:)

I keep looking at Roy's photo and I'm crying too. Freakin' classic. Feel the joy! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

After the handshake I put my arm around Bruce, then I showed him a picture of my son Bruce, he said " arrh man he's gorgeous"  

I thanked him then another hand shake, in this picture it looks like I was going to kiss him, i wasn't I just had to make sure it really was Bruce friggin' Springsteen.

What a great day.

IMG_20161017_164506.jpg

one has to assume that Bruce was tipped off about Roy's position in line by the Mods hence the nervous look on his face at what Roy might do next.....

on the next tour we all have Roy's 25 minute story about his 10 seconds with Bruce to look forward to as Roy seeks to distract us from the fact that it is his turn to buy the next round :P

maybe we can start a "the first time I met Newcastle Roy" thread - and we can invite Bruce to add his thoughts too,,,,

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Rizla said:

Maybe I should set up in competition with Madam Marie  crystal-ball-smiley-emoticon-emoji.gif

No competition Rizla, go right ahead!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmw said:

I have a fly in my eye.

Me too!  So happy for you all! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

What a great day.

IMG_20161017_164506.jpg

This picture might be even better than the first!  Such happiness!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

Here it is!

image.jpeg

Let's take out this Foto again to cherish Ann s Moment again! And to balance it with Roy s repeat Foto appearances. Kiddin' , so happy for both of you (And all others) and Thanks for the shared time capsules.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

What a great day.

IMG_20161017_164506.jpg

Are you sure you're not trying to sell him a Toon ticket, Roy? :lol:

It was so great to wake up to these pics this morning.  Genuine joy.  How do you top that?

• Like 8

Well not much luck on the sleep front! Awake at 5.30, but lovely to get up and read this. So happy for Roy, they are 2 great photos. Wish I had met you yesterday, but I guess that would have been too much excitement for one day!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

By the way, Ann Jones, you look about 21 in your photo. 

B)

You know close up I don't really!! It's makeup, happiness and my lovely hairdresser who squeezed me in yesterday morning when I told him why I needed an appointment!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

IMG_20161017_164507.jpg

So,

Does he still remember how to get to Newcastle?

Really pleased for you. Great photo. Little Bruce will love seeing his Dad with his namesake.

• Like 4