CmonMrTrouble

Book Tour extended to include London

6 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Sorry to post another pic, but Mr J has just managed to make it much sharper!

image.jpeg

Now this is more like it! Great!

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

image.jpeg

No need to apologise Ann. It's great seeing pics of happy Lakers meeting Bruce.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, AMIW said:

one has to assume that Bruce was tipped off about Roy's position in line by the Mods hence the nervous look on his face at what Roy might do next.....

on the next tour we all have Roy's 25 minute story about his 10 seconds with Bruce to look forward to as Roy seeks to distract us from the fact that it is his turn to buy the next round :P

maybe we can start a "the first time I met Newcastle Roy" thread - and we can invite Bruce to add his thoughts too,,,,

I don't know if this counts but I once held the door of our hotel open for him (Roy not Bruce)

I think it was for the msg shows for wiess and the river, I had spent the afternoon standing outside shoe shops on 5th ave, got back to the hotel to get ready for concert and a guy in a Newcastle no9 shirt was coming out, I said to my wife I think that's Newcastle Roy, she didn't appear to be impressed, I bet she will be when I show her the photos tonight

• Like 6

I decided that standing outside a hotel isn't really my style. I might get a turn one day. If not, it isn't everything, even though we sometimes convince ourselves that it is.

I still would like to get hold of a signed edition of the book. If anyone is thinking of putting their copy on eBay, please could you message me first? 

I have two young kids and although the book would be a long term investment for their future, I can't justify spending £300+ when there are more essential purchases to make - you know? Like food.

2 hours ago, berlintramp said:

Now this is more like it! Great!

Ohhh can Mr J do that for my slightly blurry picture too???!! (my guy took 1 (ONE... ONE!!!) picture and managed to blur it. Minimuppet has got 8 (!!!!) great Iphone photos in focus)

1 hour ago, pienelien said:

Ohhh can Mr J do that for my slightly blurry picture too???!! (my guy took 1 (ONE... ONE!!!) picture and managed to blur it. Minimuppet has got 8 (!!!!) great Iphone photos in focus)

Have to say there seems to be a LOT of quite blurry pictures!?........if they were taken by the folks they had "on hand" to take them (pass your phone/camera to!?) it's a bit of a poor show - especially as "they" in theory are not nervous / shaking ha!........but given how precious these shots are to people if it was just someone who is crap at taking photos then that is a shame (and out of order!)

I do love this thread too! Makes me feel really connected to the Bruce community and Bruce himself. So glad some epic fans managed to meet Bruce and say what you've always wanted to say. Happy memories all!!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

Have to say there seems to be a LOT of quite blurry pictures!?........if they were taken by the folks they had "on hand" to take them (pass your phone/camera to!?) it's a bit of a poor show - especially as "they" in theory are not nervous / shaking ha!........but given how precious these shots are to people if it was just someone who is crap at taking photos then that is a shame (and out of order!)

i have to say i am disappointed by it. i mean we cant very well do it again. I feel that they really should have invesed in a professional photographer or opened it up to good amateurs and simply given us a code or something ...

the staff at Waterstones were lovely - really there were but they choose at least one photographer who wasnt very good - and a little stingy too.   I mean - go on just shoot as many pix as you can ! who's gonna tell . 

He shot ONE picture and meased it up - even the random tourist you ask in the street takes at least twp just to make sure  ...

still the moment was really really nice and that is all that matters I suppose  

2 minutes ago, pienelien said:

i have to say i am disappointed by it. i mean we cant very well do it again. I feel that they really should have invesed in a professional photographer or opened it up to good amateurs and simply given us a code or something ...

the staff at Waterstones were lovely - really there were but they choose at least one photographer who wasnt very good - and a little stingy too.   I mean - go on just shoot as many pix as you can ! who's gonna tell . 

He shot ONE picture and meased it up - even the random tourist you ask in the street takes at least twp just to make sure  ...

still the moment was really really nice and that is all that matters I suppose  

I agree. It felt like a big responsibility for the Waterstones staff, having to use lots of different cameras, phones etc. I thought mine was blurred, but it was because I had emailed it to myself (don't know why!) as a smaller file. When hubby had a look he knew what I had done and the picture was actually fine. 

4 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

image.jpeg

the sharper image makes Ann look older than 21 - I'd say at least 24 !!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, soulsofthedeparted said:

Best thread ever this.

So many happy people 

You are so right.

I started following at the beginning (the build up) then didn't check up on it for a while. but the last 24 hours have been fabulous.

Now we can put faces to names. Ann I could see her like that. Roy no, I pictured him as an old grumpy guy:P. The joy on these guys faces says it all.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

No, just the tinned tomatoes!!

Shame you are not closer, I bought 4 tins on Saturday.

• Like 1

Absolutely........it's a big deal to all concerned.........I'm sure everyone would have paid a bit more to be covering that aspect (Jeez the price charged was crazy / daft - especially with a signed book thrown in!!!)........I've only ever done one "Meet n Greet" and it was a pro photographer and the photos were on-line a few days after and there for about 21 days for you to download etc.........but if that was too much then they should have had people who were competent at the very least.........shame! (blimey nowadays you can have a quick look and pop off another if blurred!, on the occasions when I've met Bruce it was a case of waiting for photos to be developed with everything crossed!!). Still no one can take away the moment eh!  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

I can't believe it I met Bruce Springsteen 

IMG_20161017_164507.jpg

Roy Buddy, that's class.

BTW I see you've been going to my barber.......

:lol:

• Like 3

Without treading on any toes...can I add my name to those who would love to buy a signed book, I appreciate many will cherish their photo and that opportunity was more important than the book so if anyone does think of selling please message me before putting up on eBay or similar. I collect books signed by people I've met, I was lucky enough to meet Bruce at the NFT six years ago but of course he hadn't written his book back then! It would be a prized addition to my library. I think it's been really impressive that Bruce has managed to sign so many books (or bookplates as here in the UK), apparently when Keith Richards' book came out and they promoted signed copies there were many that were autopen signatures! (I remember back 35 years I was working with the Pretenders and Warner Brothers thought it a great idea to have the first thousand or so copies of the debut album signed, that was an epic, wrist-aching task for them!). 

I was not able to secure a ticket for the book signing. Very happy though for those that did.

The first Bruce concert I attended was 41 years ago at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1975! I have attached my ticket stub which i kept. Danced in the aisles, pure magic. Since then I have not missed a UK tour.

Runmour has it that Bruce tore down posters but in fact London was ready for Bruce Springsteen as we all found out. It seems a life time ago. Baby I am still running (actually more shuffling), time does that to you.

Highlights - The Hammersmith Odeon show (small venue) & the original river tour.

Sadness -  The passing of the big man & passing of my old man

Happiness - The music & tours, my wife Gloria

Regrets - Too sad to mention

Future - More great music and tours from Bruce. Still hoping to meet him one day and cross it off my bucket list. At least the book signing was a chance. Hope that there will be more.

Lol (short for Laurence & not to be confused with LOL). Fan for life

Bruce ticket, Hammersmith Odeon.JPG

• Like 9

2 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Roy Buddy, that's class.

BTW I see you've been going to my barber.......

:lol:

Roy had more hair in '78.  In fact, he had more hair when I met him in 2013 (Roy, not Bruce). Because I have not met Bruce.  NOT. MET. BRUCE.  NO! I HAVEN'T MET BRUCE, HAVE Y'ALL GOT THAT? :P

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Roy had more hair in '78.  In fact, he had more hair when I met him in 2013 (Roy, not Bruce). Because I have not met Bruce.  NOT. MET. BRUCE.  NO! I HAVEN'T MET BRUCE, HAVE Y'ALL GOT THAT? :P

Now calm down dear calm down!:D

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Even I had hair in 78

• Like 1