CmonMrTrouble

Book Tour extended to include London

On 17 October 2016 at 10:14 PM, cabbyian said:

Ink isn't even dry and this money grabbing bastard has it up for £350 but it's ok he is a fan cause he's keeping the wristband. 

Makes me sick

24 hours on and he has two identical copies for sale on eBay!?! He's had a bid on one, dodgy that he's using the same photo for both listings though...

14 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Roy  I pictured him as an old grumpy guy:P.

He is exactly that when Toon get beat.:ph34r:;)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Roy had more hair in '78. 

I had more hair in 78, lots more.

To be fair, I was a 15 year old heavy metal fan, but the hair was luxuriant.

The male pattern baldness never kicked in until after Thatcher got elected.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Every time I open my iPad, there is a picture of ME and BRUCE!!! I am opening my iPad a lot...

you know you can get a giant poster made too and you could put on a wall or ceiling at your house and office too?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AMIW said:

you know you can get a giant poster made too and you could put on a wall or ceiling at your house and office too?

I'm thinking my bedroom ceiling, but Mr J might vacate the bedroom!!!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, havocpaul said:

24 hours on and he has two identical copies for sale on eBay!?! He's had a bid on one, dodgy that he's using the same photo for both listings though...

I met a guy in London who had 'managed'!! to get three tickets for the signing!! HOW!! The whole thing stinks!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, East London Calling said:

Was upset about Monday after being shafted by Waterstones but today this happened so all is good with the world! :D

image.png

Cool........ At first I thought it was a photo of a young Levon Helm And Bruce lol  ;)

• Like 1

Just now, East London Calling said:

Lool I had to google Levon Helm- I guess it's not too much of an insult! (I hope)!

LOL No it's a compliment , the Drummer of the "The Band"   ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

I'm thinking my bedroom ceiling, but Mr J might vacate the bedroom!!!

A friend of mine put a poster of an actor she likes on the inside of her closet door.

Just something to think about. ;)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, East London Calling said:

Was upset about Monday after being shafted by Waterstones but today this happened so all is good with the world! :D

image.png

Wow!

I love all these pics. I'm very happy for everyone who got to meet Bruce.

• Like 2

Yes my friend Gary met him and got his book signed today. 6th time this year for him!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, borntorunsean said:

Yes my friend Gary met him and got his book signed today. 6th time this year for him!

Flipping heck, next time your mate Gary's going anywhere near, can you let me know!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, East London Calling said:

image.png

Really pleased for you and it's a lovely picture. Where was it?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, borntorunsean said:

As Sir Roderick once sang, "some guys have all the luck"

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, borntorunsean said:

Yeah, my "WhatsApp" exploded today....... :D

This thread and the great evening I enjoyed Monday, as one of the lucky few has brought me out of my long time lurking to share two thoughts.

1) How lucky we are that our man does this kind of thing - there are few people who need to do  this less than Bruce to promote a book / album or anything, and many more who would rather charge £250+ for a "VIP meet & greet" experience, rather than doing it for free. (it just cost the cover price of the book!)

2) What a great bunch of fans we are spanning all generations. I was stood in the queue next to a great young lady called Katie - probably 30 years younger than me and we were both as excited as each other for our few seconds with Bruce. The 2 guys in front of us had travelled from Italy especially for it.

It made me proud to be a lifelong Bruce fan, and thrilled to have been able to fulfil  a lifelong ambition!

• Like 7

Are there any events happening tomorrow/Friday that would be worth going along to? I'm watching these dreams coming true and feel like my window is closing.