CmonMrTrouble

Book Tour extended to include London

49 minutes ago, Thosisd said:

The worst.

image.jpg

Suddenly my plan to sell my book to cover my train fare don't seem so bad, does it :lol:

The guy is a dick. You only have to read his responses to know that. I was going to comment that I do understand that it means an otherwise unaffordable dream trip for them, but him selling his ticket to meet Bruce for that amount, has taken away someone elses chance to see him for 22 quid, as a grand is unaffordable to them! 
No point though. I bet he's going to disney. he's welcome to it. 

• Like 1

I just don't understand how some people managed it. How did we get people with 2-3 tickets? How could couples attend together? 

I tried all week for a ticket after failing on the official sale. I only saw one listing anywhere online and that was this guys £1000 rip off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thosisd said:

The worst.

image.jpg

Long after his holiday is a distant memory most of you lucky ones especially Roy will still be smiling. The guy is a wanker not because he stole someone's dream or charged someone a thousand pounds for a £22 ticket but because he boasts about it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RocknRollSue said:

Ping @Ann Jones. You seen this? 

14721448_10153915738575849_8539290516191

Seems way less hectic than Freehold was.  There were people grabbing purses, grabbing phones, shouting orders, hardly remember my 15 seconds now. :(

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, cabbyian said:

Long after his holiday is a distant memory most of you lucky ones especially Roy will still be smiling. The guy is a wanker not because he stole someone's dream or charged someone a thousand pounds for a £22 ticket but because he boasts about it.

Kinda what I said, but hey-ho :P

17 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Seems way less hectic than Freehold was.  There were people grabbing purses, grabbing phones, shouting orders, hardly remember my 15 seconds now. :(

Brit thing. We are very orderly and polite :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RocknRollSue said:

Kinda what I said, but hey-ho :P

Great minds think alike

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thosisd said:

I just don't understand how some people managed it. How did we get people with 2-3 tickets? How could couples attend together? 

I tried all week for a ticket after failing on the official sale. I only saw one listing anywhere online and that was this guys £1000 rip off.

I hear ya. It was so hard to get one ticket, I just don't get how peeps managed more unless they had many, many people working on their behalf at other computers. 
I think it would have been nicer if they'd done a +1 as with Portland ( I think?) with all guests named and ID checked. I think it's a shame that on top of the peeps that just didn't get to go, there were a lot of couples who had to toss the coin. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Where did you see that picture?

I'm disgusted with that guy. To get a ticket, however he managed it, just to sell it is disgraceful, but then to brag about it, like he's been really clever, leaves me speechless.

But, as was said above, nothing will top my 10 seconds and my lovely photo. Me, Red Headed Woman, Always Tired and Roy and all the other genuine fans, would not have swapped our moment for anything.

(I hope he loses his luggage!!)

• Like 6

7 hours ago, East London Calling said:

Was upset about Monday after being shafted by Waterstones but today this happened so all is good with the world! :D

image.png

;)

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

I'm disgusted with that guy. To get a ticket, however he managed it, just to sell it is disgraceful, but then to brag about it, like he's been really clever, leaves me speechless.

But, as was said above, nothing will top my 10 seconds and my lovely photo. Me, Red Headed Woman, Always Tired and Roy and all the other genuine fans, would not have swapped our moment for anything.

Just a thought, but I wonder if the guy truly did scalp the ticket, or if he's just being a troll about it. In either case, he's still a tool. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Cecilia Sweden said:

Sweden definitely did go to London. We had articles in at least four main newspapers yesterday as a result of the ICA press conference. They all quote Bruce talking about the three wonderful concerts in Gothenburg and wanting to come back as soon as possible. But probably not for a book signing then.

Make it end of July please Bruce^_^

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, misty rain said:

Just a thought, but I wonder if the guy truly did scalp the ticket, or if he's just being a troll about it. In either case, he's still a tool. 

There are people in this world who will do ANYTHING for money, it's always best to just ignore them .

That guy isn't the reason 20,000 people didn't get a ticket, he is just pissing all of them off right now, on purpose, and for that he is a wanker

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

Really pleased for you and it's a lovely picture. Where was it?

Lol I can see the resemblance now in that clip! Showed my wife and she fully agreed!

good song- will give them a try this week. Not too many drummer singers around - Karen Carpenter and Phil Collins only couple I can think of right now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, East London Calling said:

Lol I can see the resemblance now in that clip! Showed my wife and she fully agreed!

good song- will give them a try this week. Not too many drummer singers around - Karen Carpenter and Phil Collins only couple I can think of right now 

Yes and it's definitely a compliment!

Levon was great and you'll enjoy listening to The Band's/Levon's catalog of great songs.  

• Like 2

Damn. Bruce encounters AND Levon in one thread. I'm getting emotional now because at least I have those memories to be thankful for. I know many won't understand this, but I loved Levon with a passion ( not more than Bruce, but a different kind, equal measure though). 
It would be a dream come true to meet Bruce, but it was just the same to meet Levon - Twice! Precious, precious memories for me :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

9 hours ago, misty rain said:

I don't think there ever was a ticket, he didn't get £1000 for it and there is no trip to the States  - just an attention seeking idiot who knows how to piss people off. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

Sue, where did you see this? I'm curious!

Someone could have cleaned the carpet!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RocknRollSue said:

Considering I have nothing better to do with my days at the mo, and even as someone who the 'stalk-out' doesn't sit too comfortably, I did consider going and waiting outside Broadcast House today.

I don't need and have no desire for autographs. A photo would be nice, but I bet I'd have my eyes shut anyway, but I did want to say thank you and pass him a note. 
I should have :( 

I saw on Twitter today that someone had posted an article from a German newspaper, saying that Bruce was a special guest at a bookfair tomorrow, that is like a convention, for book retailers only. 
So, I think we may have missed the boat.

Not sure if this has been mentioned by others but did hear Simon Mayo say last night that he had done the interview today (Weds) and he went on to say that he thought Bruce had actually left the country now (yesterday - Weds)........just to save anyone a wasted or more to the point disappointing journey!

18 hours ago, East London Calling said:

Was upset about Monday after being shafted by Waterstones but today this happened so all is good with the world! :D

image.png

BRILLIANT!!!..............really pleased for you! (and it's in focus!) - excellent!..........faith was rewarded!