Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been watching it and second the recommendation. 

I think (or thought I did) I started a thread on this show first season, I loved it so much.  You couldn't tear me away from the tele on Sunday nights when the show was on, I have never fallen for a c

W. T. F?

4 hours ago, Kay said:

I honestly cannot believe they're doing a fifth season.  All of it sounds just terrible to me.  

Doesn't mean it will be but wow.  

The first season was the only one that I really loved.  I'll watch this last season but I hate that Alison is gone and now Cole too.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watched the first episode of Season 5 last night.  Not a bad episode.  My favorite part was when Noah was asked what kind of bands/music that him and Helen liked when they first met.  He said 'Springsteen...Tunnel of Love came out around then'. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I watched the last episode of this series last night.  I am so glad I stuck it out with this show because this last season was really so good and the finale was unbelievably good.  I can't say enough about the ending.  It was done so well.

I wish that you all stuck with this show.  It really came around again.  I had my doubts after losing two main characters but the writers definitely turned it around.

I'm going to miss watching Dominic West too. :wub:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

I was not going to watch but ended up sucked in. The first half of the season was pretty cringey - has any show ever had so many unlikable characters?  But they totally stuck the landing. Last two episodes were perfect. 

I really liked Noah.  Even though he was extremely flawed, I think he tried to do right as best he could (he even went to jail for Helen).  I agree, most of the characters were very unlikable.  But that's because we are all flawed and are the people we are because of so many variables in our lives (things that happened to us, things we did to ourselves, things we did to others, good, bad, etc etc etc).

The last episode was perfection!  I really think they ended this well acted (they got us not to like them, I think that was what they wanted) series the right way.

I'm glad you decided to watch it.

I just felt they were all - to a person - incredibly selfish. Noah’s behavior was always horrible even if he was falsely me-tooed. And what he did to that PA on Sasha’s movie was incredibly reprehensible.  Of course there was some redemption for him in the end, but I found it bitterly ironic that he was the last character standing and almost dancing on their graves. I wonder if the writers intended that irony?   

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

I just felt they were all - to a person - incredibly selfish. Noah’s behavior was always horrible even if he was falsely me-tooed. And what he did to that PA on Sasha’s movie was incredibly reprehensible.  Of course there was some redemption for him in the end, but I found it bitterly ironic that he was the last character standing and almost dancing on their graves. I wonder if the writers intended that irony?   

I found it ironic, but not bitterly so.  After all, it all started with Noah.  Why not end it with him?  I think he truly loved his family and Helen.  He went to her grave and read, not Alison's.  I think the affair started partly mid-life crisis, partly because he was on Montauk with Helen's parents that treated him like shit and Helen kind of treated him like shit at times too.  No excuses, just reasons (a variable).

With the PA, do you mean at the Halloween party?  Yeah, that was a shitty move.  Desperation and no regard I think.

I think it was an excellent show with maybe two of the seasons not so great.  But the ending made up for those seasons in my opinion, including the ending song, who sang it and the location.

For those of you that still want to watch, don't watch the following video of the ending.

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Helen's dead?  Wow.  I watched the first few episodes but echo what Wasted said, cringey but with some high moments.  Helen's mother is great.

I was gonna finish it off, just in no rush to get there.  

Spoiler

It ends 30 years or so in the future.  She's dead at the end, but appears to have liv ed a long life.  

3 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Helen's dead?  Wow.  I watched the first few episodes but echo what Wasted said, cringey but with some high moments.  Helen's mother is great.

I was gonna finish it off, just in no rush to get there.  

Definitely finish it off.  I think you'll appreciate it at the end.