Greasy Lake Community

Betting thread

I've only bet on the Belarus games with free bets.

See? I told you I don't have a problem......I can stop any time.........any time I tells ya.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A post for the horse racing lovers of the lake in 2003  (The Rising tour} I was..as always skint My fav horse race is the 2,000 Guineas at Newmarket, It's a race i've always done well a

Aye, I thought you'd bottle it.

I did them to draw today, never did the correct score. Took Cardiff Luton as a draw also, season of close-but-no-cigar so far.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Racing will resume behind closed doors at Newcastle on Monday after the Government gave its permission for competitive sport in Britain to restart from June 1.

The 'stage three' guidance for elite and professional sport, published by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport on Saturday, outlines the facilities and processes that will need to be in place for sport to be safely staged following the coronavirus pandemic.

The guidance has been developed in close consultation with the Deputy Chief Medical Officers of England, Public Health England and medical representatives across sport, including the British Horseracing Authority.

Racing's rulers have been working towards June 1 as a start date for some time and published a 33-page protocol document last weekend. Newcastle will mark the first British meeting since Wetherby and Taunton raced on March 17.

In what will be a high-profile return, the 2000 and 1000 Guineas will be run at Newmarket on June 6 and 7 respectively, forming the highlights of a four-day fixture at Headquarters.

Oliver Dowden, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, said: "The wait is over. Live British sport will shortly be back on in safe and carefully controlled environments.

"This guidance provides the safe framework for sports to resume competitions behind closed doors. It is now up to individual sports to confirm they can meet these protocols and decide when it's right for them to restart

2000 Guineas was today, it is my fav horse race of the year

I love this horse race.  My tip is still running hahaha

It's always been on my bucket list to be at this meeting, one of these days.

• 2 months later...

Any one got any betting tips for the up and coming football season ?

I have two.

Nailed on 9/4 ( betfred) Newcastle United to go down. 

Wigan (20/1) EW League 1 winners 

On 9/4/2020 at 10:08 AM, newcastle roy said:

Any one got any betting tips for the up and coming football season ?

I have two.

Nailed on 9/4 ( betfred) Newcastle United to go down. 

Wigan (20/1) EW League 1 winners 

Newcastle won’t go down, I’ll give you 7/2.

4 hours ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

Newcastle won’t go down, I’ll give you 7/2.

7/2 you say ?

Ok I'll have some of that, PM me your name and address and I'll send the money to you, as i like my bets paid up front.

3 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

7/2 you say ?

Ok I'll have some of that, PM me your name and address and I'll send the money to you, as i like my bets paid up front.

I’m already over exposed, taken a lot of money on that today.

But relax and save your money - Newcastle will not go down.

13 hours ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

I’m already over exposed, taken a lot of money on that today.

But relax and save your money - Newcastle will not go down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

How old are you, 14?

Ashley can’t afford for Newcastle to be relegated, he’ll protect his investment, as you saw yesterday with the success of new signings.

1 hour ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

How old are you, 14?

Ashley can’t afford for Newcastle to be relegated, he’ll protect his investment, as you saw yesterday with the success of new signings.

Not your greatest comeback.  If you met me you'd know i wasn't 14...maybe you have met me :lol:

You offered me the bet,   I accepted but your arse went when I asked for your name and address because that's against the rules of a wum isn't it. ( bottled it is a fair enough description) 

But you carry on hiding behind your fake account 

• Hug 1

A post for the horse racing lovers of the lake

in 2003  (The Rising tour}

I was..as always skint

My fav horse race is the 2,000 Guineas at Newmarket, It's a race i've always done well at. ( I had a massive anti post bet  of £20 at 10/1 on Dancing Brave to win it in 86) best horse ever btw

I've backed the winner of that race a good few times over the many years I've been gambling

In 2003 I backed a horse called Refused To Bend to win the 2,000 Guineas, it won and my winnings paid for more Rising shows for me to attend, a massive buzz. i thought the jockey rode a great race..as most winning punters tend to say.

The jockey was an irishman called Pat Smullen, he died yesterday aged only 43

it made me very sad to hear that news, until today I've long since forgot about that race, he did me a massive favour without him knowing it..

RIP Pat  

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...