Greasy Lake Community

'66 Dylan

8 hours ago, Floom said:

That is a perfectly reasonable position to take.  I, however, couldn't resist. Albert Hall is being released as a stand alone next month.  

And that's what I am picking up, and the 2 disc on of pink Floyds box set too, I would have liked that (both in fact) but I just wouldn't have done it justice in my current family / work state. 

How is it so far ? 

On 11/12/2016 at 1:33 PM, Floom said:

Anybody pick up that set yet?  I'm working through disc 1 

I got it!

I first listened to disc 1 then after a break/interruption, jumped ahead and listened to Paris, as what I'd read about it - BRILLIANT. Just incredible. Since then I've listened to the first London show, which was incredible also, the Real Royal Albert Hall Show, and then the second show, which has the greatest acoustic set, better than the night before, but his drinking or heroin or whatever it is ruins the electric set - well, not ruins it, but mars it performance-wise. His banter with the crowd is something else though!

I'm looking forward to hearing much more of course! Incredible box set, and what a great price! (Mine was $106 and change and tax).

I'm waiting on the postal person as we speak. I was not able to afford Big Blue last year and jumped at the chance to grab this one. I did pull the trigger pretty late. It was back ordered at  both Amazon and then at Best Buy, I did order from Amoeba Music here in California.

Mine is on it's way.

9 hours ago, Jesus was the sheriff said:

I love me a bit of Dylan, but I can't quite imagine there's much difference from night-to-night based on what I've previously heard from the tour.  So I'm sitting this one out but I'll likely get the RAH show to go with thew Mancs one.

Actually, each night is different based on the crowd, how Bob deals with said crowd, how many chemicals Bob has ingested...etc. It is a historic box set in that regard. The way the audience injected it's anger is amazing to hear.

I was reading that the next copyright-saving release in the series will be the Dylan/Johnny Cash session from 1969, which won't have to see the light of day until 2019. They're working on other Bootleg Series releases, I think that the religious period is coming up next, but the Dylan/Cash session is the next one that they HAVE to release; otherwise they'll lose the copyright, since it's approaching 50 years since that session.

I was reading that Bruce's Steel Mill recordings will also have to be released by 2019 or he'll lose the copyright.

Archived