Greasy Lake Community

Touts

10 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

some time ago I and i think a number of others on here signed a petition about ticket touts, this seems to be the result, not very exciting im afraid

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/128969

the only slightly interesting bit is linked from the Other Parliamentary Business section

I had an Email the other day about this I must have signed it too !

As you say, not a great response.

As an aside, last Monday whilst trying to secure two tickets to the 02 to watch Andy Murrays match, we had two tickets in the basket at Viagogo priced at £28 each. Whilst completing the checkout process they went up to £254! Fortunately we noticed before completing, but we could easily have missed it and ended up with some very expensive tickets.

34 minutes ago, Rizla said:

The real scandal is the "legal" touting where vast numbers of tickets are kept back by the industry to go straight on to their own "resale" sites.

very true, when you have links on ticketmaster to overpriced secondary sights there is something fundamentally wrong with laws to allow this to happen

• Like 3

It was my petition that did the rounds at one point- there have been others I'm sure. I actually wrote a long letter to this committee about it all, detailing my findings, the experiences of others, the nasty, unsafe side of innocent people dealing with unsavoury characters at pop shows etc. 

I sort of despair at the lack of any care about this ongoing issue. Sometimes it backfires- Google Rihanna at Wembley for instance- most of the stadium was empty despite the show being officially sold out- but on the whole, the problem just grows. Our so-called culture secretary is even on record as saying he likes touting, so we're already getting nowhere. 

All I would say is that each time anyone buys a ticket for over face value they are as much a part of the problem as anyone. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

thanks for that it makes almost comical reading at times for instance 

Chris Edmonds, Chairman of Ticketmaster UK, confirmed that up to 50% of tickets could already have been allocated when the general sale begins.

"We can have hundreds of thousands of consumers queuing on our site to buy tickets for an event, with no real visibility of how many tickets are left," he said.

"Wherever you have an instance where demand is beyond supply, it creates a concern and a frustration and a disappointment."

well whos faults that????????? god these people make me angry

• Like 3

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:32 AM, allwaystired said:

It was my petition that did the rounds at one point- there have been others I'm sure. I actually wrote a long letter to this committee about it all, detailing my findings, the experiences of others, the nasty, unsafe side of innocent people dealing with unsavoury characters at pop shows etc. 

I sort of despair at the lack of any care about this ongoing issue. Sometimes it backfires- Google Rihanna at Wembley for instance- most of the stadium was empty despite the show being officially sold out- but on the whole, the problem just grows. Our so-called culture secretary is even on record as saying he likes touting, so we're already getting nowhere. 

All I would say is that each time anyone buys a ticket for over face value they are as much a part of the problem as anyone. 

You are never ever ever  going to beat these people .They have been around a long time before you started going to concerts and will be here a long time after you have gone to that big gig in the sky.

The problems start at the top , above the artist , the managers .Why sell a ticket for £ 10 when I can sell it for £ 100 .These manager aren't Millionaires , their Billionaires and you don't there by taking 10% of your boys earnings.

I've banged on about this for a few years on here .I think I started a thread with Ticket touts are my best friends .You have to use the system , you buy the tickets they can't sell . I have bought perhaps hundreds of pounds of ticket from touts , every  ticket they made a loss on . I've stood at concerts laughing at these people sat on their high horses in seats nearer the moon than the stage because they would not deal with touts.

Your always going to get punters buying over priced tickets , money no object , good luck to them its their money and again your never going to stop that

Be a bottom of the tank feeder , grab that £150 ticket for £ 20 , that will happen if you play your cards right.

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:33 PM, Ann Jones said:

As you say, not a great response.

As an aside, last Monday whilst trying to secure two tickets to the 02 to watch Andy Murrays match, we had two tickets in the basket at Viagogo priced at £28 each. Whilst completing the checkout process they went up to £254! Fortunately we noticed before completing, but we could easily have missed it and ended up with some very expensive tickets.

I've had this happen to me and I've just dismissed it as me getting it wrong. Their prices didn't jump as much as yours, but its good to know I wasn't imagining it.

On November 15, 2016 at 9:08 PM, ParisKiss said:

You are never ever ever  going to beat these people .They have been around a long time before you started going to concerts and will be here a long time after you have gone to that big gig in the sky.

The problems start at the top , above the artist , the managers .Why sell a ticket for £ 10 when I can sell it for £ 100 .These manager aren't Millionaires , their Billionaires and you don't there by taking 10% of your boys earnings.

I've banged on about this for a few years on here .I think I started a thread with Ticket touts are my best friends .You have to use the system , you buy the tickets they can't sell . I have bought perhaps hundreds of pounds of ticket from touts , every  ticket they made a loss on . I've stood at concerts laughing at these people sat on their high horses in seats nearer the moon than the stage because they would not deal with touts.

Your always going to get punters buying over priced tickets , money no object , good luck to them its their money and again your never going to stop that

Be a bottom of the tank feeder , grab that £150 ticket for £ 20 , that will happen if you play your cards right.

Yeah we all remember you. The man that loves ticket touting and capitalism. Good for you. Fortunately no one here really agrees with you, as we don't like to see each other exploited and ripped off. Long may that continue. We'll all continue to fight the scumbags together- you can feel free to sit and 'laugh at people'. You must lead a very sorry life. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, ParisKiss said:

The only streak in my personality is the one that says Why shop at Harrods when I can get the same product at Aldi

No pal, you're missing the impulse you have to laugh at people who've been sat in the worst seats at shows you e been at. Vile.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ParisKiss said:

I'm not quite at the white stick & guide dog stage but the sight is pretty bad , bold fonts ensure I don't make too many typos .

Shame it doesn't help with the actual shite you spout.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ParisKiss said:

I'm not quite at the white stick & guide dog stage but the sight is pretty bad , bold fonts ensure I don't make too many typos .

Why don't you use some of that money you saved by using ticket touts... and buy a pair of glasses ?

Maybe you could get a real cheap and nasty pair off e-bay that will suit you?  

• Like 7

11 hours ago, the calvary said:

Shame it doesn't help with the actual shite you spout.

I like this forum , you can say what ever you like and most people even if  they don't agree with you don't resort to personal attacks

Until now , Firstly the Krankie who has to put his bitter views on every reply and then the benefit claiming geordie whos still hiding under the stairs in case of a terror attack .Grow up ........

1 hour ago, ParisKiss said:

I like this forum , you can say what ever you like and most people even if  they don't agree with you don't resort to personal attacks

Until now , Firstly the Krankie who has to put his bitter views on every reply and then the benefit claiming geordie whos still hiding under the stairs in case of a terror attack .Grow up ........

The 'benefit claiming Geordie'. Charming.  Who is the 'krankie'?! Not sure I quite follow that little insult, or who it is aimed at. 

Do you not appreciate the irony (or stupidity) of claiming you hate personal attacks and then saying such things about other people? I'm currently on Jobseekers Allowance after being made redundant. I presume you have a problem with that too?! 

• Like 2

He's probably stood laughing (from a safe distance) as you sign on.

I'm not sure which of the two Geordies he's referring to but I'm fairly sure he'd keep it buttoned if he ever had to deal with them in person. 

• Like 5

This has all got very unpleasant. I found the 'white stick and guide dog' comment insulting to at least two members of our community who we know have sight problems, why not just say 'I have poor sight, so the bold font helps' and 'benefit claiming Geordie' is beneath contempt.

To get back to the issue of touts, there is a world of difference between blokes outside the venues buying and selling, which most of us have probably used from time to time, and the ticketing websites such as stub hub, Viagogo, etc who start offering tickets at inflated prices within seconds of official sites selling out. This I find disgraceful and, if the will was there, could be stopped. You know how much I love my tennis and it is very hard to buy tickets for Wimbledon on these secondary sites - if Wimbledon can manage the situation, then other organisations can as well.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

The 'benefit claiming Geordie'. Charming.  Who is the 'krankie'?! Not sure I quite follow that little insult, or who it is aimed at. 

Do you not appreciate the irony (or stupidity) of claiming you hate personal attacks and then saying such things about other people? I'm currently on Jobseekers Allowance after being made redundant. I presume you have a problem with that too?! 

Is the Krankie me?

I think I'm the only Scot who replied.

I quite like that.

Fan-dabee-dozy!

_76390240_jimmykrankie.jpg

(And I'll type the next bit in bold so he sees it.)

The line about the benefit claiming Geordie shows the keyboard warrior up as exactly the ass-wipe he is.

Roy's plenty big enough and ugly enough to fight his own battles, but try spouting some lines like that up the Bigg Market some Friday neet........only let me know when and I'll get a front row seat and a family size bag of popcorn.

• Like 4