Greasy Lake Community

Touts

2 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

This has all got very unpleasant. I found the 'white stick and guide dog' comment insulting to at least two members of our community who we know have sight problems, why not just say 'I have poor sight, so the bold font helps' and 'benefit claiming Geordie' is beneath contempt.

To get back to the issue of touts, there is a world of difference between blokes outside the venues buying and selling, which most of us have probably used from time to time, and the ticketing websites such as stub hub, Viagogo, etc who start offering tickets at inflated prices within seconds of official sites selling out. This I find disgraceful and, if the will was there, could be stopped. You know how much I love my tennis and it is very hard to buy tickets for Wimbledon on these secondary sites - if Wimbledon can manage the situation, then other organisations can as well.

totally agree ann but it seems some bands and band management are in on the act to make more money, technology is there nowadays to make things a lot more open but it is probable that these people pay lobbyists to put there case forward and how many MP's are on on the boards and or payroll of these companies?, so im sure nothing will ever get done. as for the personal attacks  sod off to the dark side thats where you belong

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

totally agree ann but it seems some bands and band management are in on the act to make more money, technology is there nowadays to make things a lot more open but it is probable that these people pay lobbyists to put there case forward and how many MP's are on on the boards and or payroll of these companies?, so im sure nothing will ever get done. as for the personal attacks  sod off to the dark side thats where you belong

Sadly, I am sure you are right.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

Like Parliament I'll completely ignore you

4 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Is the Krankie me?

I think I'm the only Scot who replied.

I quite like that.

Fan-dabee-dozy!

_76390240_jimmykrankie.jpg

(And I'll type the next bit in bold so he sees it.)

The line about the benefit claiming Geordie shows the keyboard warrior up as exactly the ass-wipe he is.

Roy's plenty big enough and ugly enough to fight his own battles, but try spouting some lines like that up the Bigg Market some Friday neet........only let me know when and I'll get a front row seat and a family size bag of popcorn.

I used to work the Bigg Market, its funny, I've seen people get lippy the way Keyboard Kiss does. Dragging dead weight is never easy. We used to call them 'smelling salts'.

• Like 2

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:43 PM, the calvary said:

Being ignored by the Keyboard Kiss is kind of like being ignored by a weasel with clap. Fine.

It's quite sweet when also rans try to copy what those at the top table are saying, coat-tailing is one way of trying to contribute I suppose.

It's a shame that this thread developed into a mud slinging contest, (Stone pony offline?)but trying to get back on subject; imagine that the secondary market was obliterated, The tickets go on sale, you get through, there is a ticket limit of two per person,  Would you buy your full allocation, and find someone to go with?  If they couldn't go due to unforseen circumstances, what would you do with the ticket?

If you tried to buy, but was shut out?, what would you do?

21 minutes ago, jag3004 said:

It's a shame that this thread developed into a mud slinging contest, (Stone pony offline?)but trying to get back on subject; imagine that the secondary market was obliterated, The tickets go on sale, you get through, there is a ticket limit of two per person,  Would you buy your full allocation, and find someone to go with?  If they couldn't go due to unforseen circumstances, what would you do with the ticket?

If you tried to buy, but was shut out?, what would you do?

Its not so much that scenario, its the companies that have software which enables them to instantly buy loads of tickets as soon as they go on sale that really p** me off :angry:

• Like 3

It's been said before, but the only way to defeat these b******s is to do what Kate Bush and Tom Waits have done, and that's only allow admittance to a show after you've proved that you are the person whose name is on the actual ticket.  It may be a little impractical for stadium shows but it's 100 per cent effective in theatres and arenas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Promise61 said:

It's been said before, but the only way to defeat these b******s is to do what Kate Bush and Tom Waits have done, and that's only allow admittance to a show after you've proved that you are the person whose name is on the actual ticket.  It may be a little impractical for stadium shows but it's 100 per cent effective in theatres and arenas.

I saw Yusuf / Cat Stevens last week using the ticketless system. "Tickets" were limited to two per card / household. Entry required a swipe of the card that was used to make the make the booking. In theory photo ID was required matching the name on the card, although I wasn't asked for this. It didn't take much longer than the usual scan of a bar code.

So long as the technology is reliable and there enough staff to avoid delays this should be effective, although there was still at least one tout offering to buy any spare tickets!

I guess this needs the artist management & promoters to show that they're serious about the issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Promise61 said:

In theory, that sounds ok. However, my son quite often gets tickets in the hope that one of his mates will go with him, so would not know whose name should go on the 2nd ticket.

1 hour ago, Ann Jones said:

In theory, that sounds ok. However, my son quite often gets tickets in the hope that one of his mates will go with him, so would not know whose name should go on the 2nd ticket.

I believe anyone can accompany the original purchaser.  So if you've bought four tickets your three mates can go in with you as long as you prove your own identity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

I believe anyone can accompany the original purchaser.  So if you've bought four tickets your three mates can go in with you as long as you prove your own identity.

Ok, that sounds ok then.

13 hours ago, Promise61 said:

So, by doing the math, the concert will be attended by 25% Springsteen fans, with the 75% being their mates!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

not a lot of respect for his audience 

why not just make the tickets the price they want to start with

its not emoral to make a profit but it is to mislead people 

I'm with pariskiss on this one.

just love the touts -all up front

No hidden fees

no abusive delivery chargers

no sweating on its delivery  

no clicking on a seat and getting one sent in completely different area

no handing fee 

no admin fee 

more power to them and its a good people watch seeing the old lags walking round saying '' Tickets who wants them who needs them '' as they drag on a dead end be sad day to see it all go.

London c.palace 2003 just giving them away at ......wait for it .....................£2.00!  two bloody pounds for that great 2nd night at that ! 

• Like 1

What ever we think of the Touts how can it be right that the artists management eg in this case RW management put tickets on secondary sites for twice the face value . surely that slug must know what his team are doing ripping off his fans, makes you think how many more artists do it. sink that low.