Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CosmicKid

Server change complete

All right, we are back in business. Sorry it took so long. The main site was back online yesterday afternoon, but there was a problem with the message board that was solved a few hours ago (while I was sleeping). A module required for the message board needed to  be installed, and it took the hosting company a little longer than I would have preferred.

So here we are on a new server - named Janey like the old one. I still may have to tweak a  few settings before everything will be running smoothly so please be patient if things are slow.

welcome back 

it was a very odd day without you all

Bruuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!

thanks for all the hard work  behind the scenes 

42 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

it was a very odd day without you all

It was I felt slightly lost and alone :blink:

In one day without access to Greasy Lake...I took an Origami class, saw three films, painted a portrait of a neighborhood dog, read five books, made a carrot cake, rescued a kitten from a tree, organized the garage, learned seventeen words in Swahili, caught up on all my soap operas, got a haircut, took a walk in the woods, one on the beach and two in different deserts, attended a stranger's funeral, cleaned out all the gutters and went skydiving from a hot air balloon.

I never realized how much this place held me back.

1 hour ago, Jerseyfornia said:

In one day without access to Greasy Lake...I took an Origami class, saw three films, painted a portrait of a neighborhood dog, read five books, made a carrot cake, rescued a kitten from a tree, organized the garage, learned seventeen words in Swahili, caught up on all my soap operas, got a haircut, took a walk in the woods, one on the beach and two in different deserts, attended a stranger's funeral, cleaned out all the gutters and went skydiving from a hot air balloon.

I had to find my own horror stories about what Trump was up to and  fell asleep on my train and missed my stop 

3 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I went outside into the sunlight, talked to my neighbours and made some new friends.

No, I didn't.^_^

I baked and baked - cookies and Stollen, the German Christmas cake.

Now I am sick of the sweet smell pervading the house (I don't really like sweet things. But I had promised contributions to two Christmas parties).

Thank God Greasy Lake is up again. Now I don't have to find alternate occupations.

Thank Karsten for patiently guiding the Lake along.

downtime would have only been a few hours without the module for dog threads needing to be installed

41 minutes ago, AMIW said:

downtime would have only been a few hours without the module for dog threads needing to be installed

And I know we all agree that such an important task is worth every hour of time it requires to get right.

1 hour ago, berlintramp said:

Now I am sick of the sweet smell pervading the house (I don't really like sweet things. But I had promised contributions to two Christmas parties).

Thank God Greasy Lake is up again. Now I don't have to find alternate occupations.

Oop, yes. Thanks, Karsten. :)

Thanks again for all you do, and Merry Christmas !

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

Grrrrrrrrrr. And from my two felines: Meeeeowwww. Earsplitting!

10 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

All right, we are back in business. Sorry it took so long. The main site was back online yesterday afternoon, but there was a problem with the message board that was solved a few hours ago (while I was sleeping). A module required for the message board needed to  be installed, and it took the hosting company a little longer than I would have preferred.

So here we are on a new server - named Janey like the old one. I still may have to tweak a  few settings before everything will be running smoothly so please be patient if things are slow.

A few HOURS? Pah! I would've had it sorted in minutes if only you'd called, young K!

;)

And not so much of the 'old', thank you very much.

5 hours ago, berlintramp said:

I love Stollen, I have treated myself to one and I am not sharing.:)

18 minutes ago, jmw said:

I love Stollen, I have treated myself to one and I am not sharing.:)

what does it look like ?

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

what does it look like ?

google is your friend Daisey

Stollen-Dresdner_Christstollen.jpg

59 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

what does it look like ?

stollen 2.jpg

Just now, AMIW said:

google is your friend Daisey

Stollen-Dresdner_Christstollen.jpg

All mine.:)

12 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

Thank you for all the work you do.