Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CosmicKid

Server change complete

36 minutes ago, jmw said:
38 minutes ago, AMIW said:

google is your friend Daisey

Stollen-Dresdner_Christstollen.jpg

It is a yeast cake with lots of butter, raisins, candied orange and lemon peel and almonds in the dough. After baking, it is basted with melted butter several times and showered with powdered sugar. No calories, of course. The one on the second picture above has a heart of marzipan.

It has to "ripen" a couple of weeks, so it is usally baked well ahead of Christmas. Wrapped in tin foil, it keeps well. Often the last slices are eaten at Easter.

I missed you all yesterday 

I'm very unhappy tonight and I need to vent, so apologies that this has nothing to do with this thread.  I had, over recent weeks, tracked down original (second hand) copies of Born to Run and Sgt Peppers on vinyl. These were my Christmas pressies from my two kids to me (you know the score, you buy the gifts give them to your missus, she wraps them and my kids give them to me on Christmas morning).  I kept them safe at work and this evening brought them home. Only, I left them behind on the train. F-U-C-K M-E.  I am a little distraught at my stupidity. And of course, I can't reach the train company or the stations tonight.

Welcome back Greasy Lake, thanks for listening.

43 minutes ago, Neil57channels said:

I'm very unhappy tonight and I need to vent, so apologies that this has nothing to do with this thread.  I had, over recent weeks, tracked down original (second hand) copies of Born to Run and Sgt Peppers on vinyl. These were my Christmas pressies from my two kids to me (you know the score, you buy the gifts give them to your missus, she wraps them and my kids give them to me on Christmas morning).  I kept them safe at work and this evening brought them home. Only, I left them behind on the train. F-U-C-K M-E.  I am a little distraught at my stupidity. And of course, I can't reach the train company or the stations tonight.

I hope they have been handed in any you get them back.

4 hours ago, jmw said:

I love Stollen,

Me, too, but I'm more a Rocky fan than Rambo.

3 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Me, too, but I'm more a Rocky fan than Rambo.

Have you been at the Christmas sherry today by any chance!:lol:

1 hour ago, Neil57channels said:

Dammit. That sucks, Neil. I hope they're found.

3 hours ago, Neil57channels said:

oh Neil

I'm so sorry 

9 hours ago, Neil57channels said:

Did you go straight home on the train? You didn't stop off somewhere to partake of the black stuff? 

;)

10 hours ago, Neil57channels said:

Oh Neil that's really bad. I hope some kind person found them and handed them in. Let us know.

12 hours ago, berlintramp said:

It is a yeast cake with lots of butter, raisins, candied orange and lemon peel and almonds in the dough. After baking, it is basted with melted butter several times and showered with powdered sugar. No calories, of course. The one on the second picture above has a heart of marzipan.

It has to "ripen" a couple of weeks, so it is usally baked well ahead of Christmas. Wrapped in tin foil, it keeps well. Often the last slices are eaten at Easter.

There was a recipe in my newspaper yesterday and I thought about having a go. It sounds quite easy...

4 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

There was a recipe in my newspaper yesterday and I thought about having a go. It sounds quite easy...

It is. Try it, you'll love it.

22 hours ago, berlintramp said:

Easter, not in my home.:lol:

I will confess I have two, one is only a little one, I might have a slice this weekend.

21 hours ago, Neil57channels said:

Lost....

33 minutes ago, Neil57channels said:

...and Found!  Some kind soul handed in the albums at the train station's lost and found! 

image.jpeg

So pleased, still some good people around.

The Christmas spirit is alive! I love second hand vinyl and really wanted these, so I'm a happy boy tonight, though now I have to part company with them until Christmas morning. Sorry for venting and thanks for the kind thoughts, perhaps it was Lakers' karma that made it happen:)

20 minutes ago, Neil57channels said:

The Christmas spirit is alive! I love second hand vinyl and really wanted these, so I'm a happy boy tonight, though now I have to part company with them until Christmas morning. Sorry for venting and thanks for the kind thoughts, perhaps it was Lakers' karma that made it happen:)

I always like to think that most people in the world are kind, it's just the ones with the power who screw it up for the rest of us.

I am so pleased you have you Christmas presents still to look forward to. I got BTR on vinyl last Christmas and it has become the album I play most often. Enjoy!

57 minutes ago, Neil57channels said:

This train ... faith will be rewarded!

1 hour ago, Neil57channels said:

...and Found!  Some kind soul handed in the albums at the train station's lost and found! 

image.jpeg

oh Neil

we must have faith with our

fellow man

the amount if stuff I've left on the train

phone wallet keys on numerous  occasions  a box of coffee even 

and I've always got stuff back 

you know what this needs Neil ?

it needs a celebratory. ....

wait ....

I'll be back in a mo....

for Neil