Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CosmicKid

Server change complete

Daisey, you have made my day (again!). And janeymarywendy, 'this train...faith will be rewarded', brilliant! Thanks so much to all you good people for your thoughtfulness. 

2 hours ago, Neil57channels said:

Daisey, you have made my day (again!). And janeymarywendy, 'this train...faith will be rewarded', brilliant! Thanks so much to all you good people for your thoughtfulness. 

are you kidding !!

you made our day at work

work is hard today 

we are a tiny store with a big timber yard

people think we have the range of our big sister city stores but we don't have room

today is so busy it's killing our souls 

us girls are manning the tills because the boys don't know how to which is very unfair.

that you got your Bruce back is just so wonderful 

I just had this feeling you would get your records back

the world's not such a cold hard place after all 

14 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

for Neil 

happy_cats_and_dogs_20.jpg

Love this cat. The oppsite of grumpy. Makes me smile in spite of cold, wet, shitty weather. Thanks, Daisey!

So pleased for Neil57 Channels - I've been slogging away dancing attendance on my OH (birthday boy!) but I've sneaked in to see if you'd been lucky and got your albums back, and I'm delighted that you have.

Life is good, and I'm holding onto that thought.

19 hours ago, JoleBlonAlba said:

So pleased for Neil57 Channels - I've been slogging away dancing attendance on my OH (birthday boy!) but I've sneaked in to see if you'd been lucky and got your albums back, and I'm delighted that you have.

Life is good, and I'm holding onto that thought.

Thanks.  Of course, on the scale of things my temporary loss was ridiculously immaterial, however it is not just the good nature of the (unknown) person who handed them back, but the good nature of all you great people on the Lake who took an interest in this, that lifts my spirits.

What went wrong during Desert Island Discs?

... and I'm not getting any notifications at all now when someone replies to a topic, not even in my junk mail :(

7 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

... and I'm not getting any notifications at all now when someone replies to a topic, not even in my junk mail :(

I made some changes today that may have solved this. Let me know.

No, sorry Karsten, still not working.  I've tried logging out of the Lake and in again, made sure all the correct boxes are ticked in the notifications thing, but still no e-mails :( I'm still using Google Chrome.

Very strange. I looked at the email log file, and it shows emails to your address are delivered succesfully. I see several today that say they were delivered.

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

No, sorry Karsten, still not working.  I've tried logging out of the Lake and in again, made sure all the correct boxes are ticked in the notifications thing, but still no e-mails :( I'm still using Google Chrome.

have you looked in your spam folder ?

There's nothing in my junk folder, Daisey.  A few weeks ago, the Lake replies were going in there, instead of my in-box.  Now I don't know where they're going!

I'm still getting replies from BTX just fine :lol:

have you checked whether the wine bottle is empty? :P

I'm sorry about the trouble. We are indeed having some issues again with an unresponsive server. I am aware of it and I'm doing the best I can to figure out what's wrong. I don't think it's the server per se, but rather a server process that's hogging all the cpu power. I'm trying to figure out what it is and what to do about it.

19 hours ago, AMIW said:

Delete the dog thread and see if that fixes it :rolleyes:

well done Berlintramp 

I have some back up if you need it

tumblr_l3i3c2Mdit1qzmopno1_500.jpg

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Maybe the cats have infiltrated my e-mails :(

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

giphy.gif

Tut tut!! :angry::lol: You were my next port of call, young RD.  It's really getting to me now (first world problems and all that ...).  Might PM you later.

I think I have solved the performance issues. Some statistics software slowed the whole thing to a crawl. I have now disabled the software, and as far as I'm know, there haven't been any problems today.

the statistics were no doubt JudgeBrown checking that there is a dog picture on every thread....

11 minutes ago, CosmicKid said:

I think I have solved the performance issues. Some statistics software slowed the whole thing to a crawl. I have now disabled the software, and as far as I'm know, there haven't been any problems today.

I hate to burst your bubble, young K ... I am that thorn in your side.

I will PM you.