...any in case you're wondering if those Bruce numbers really mean he's my favorite by that wide a margin, here's the fucking overall stats (going back to July 25, 2009, when I made my account [but that's also around when I started listening to music regularly, so!]):

image.png.482f877dec3b1d57cc5a3266ac7fdfe0.png

For a couple years, the gap between Bruce and everyone else has been SO WIDE that it just forces artists #2 onward to be the same column width, even though Butch has like 4.5x as many plays / 7000 more plays than #20. Because the gap between Bruce and everyone else is just THAT BIG.

We actually finally hit a new milestone two nights ago: for the first time since somewhere in 2016, the Butch Walker column is finally 1 pixel wider than the others. :P Balance is being restored, sort of!

I recall earlier this year thinking The Promise is a song I didn't really know as well as it deserved to be. It became the go-to song for calm reflection. Easily my most played for 2018, like discovering a classic buried in the attic.

Also played Brilliant Disguise and The Fever a lot, for reasons posted in a different, faraway thread.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanqueray&Wine said:

I recall earlier this year thinking The Promise is a song I didn't really know as well as it deserved to be. It became the go-to song for calm reflection. Easily my most played for 2018, like discovering a classic buried in the attic.

I always thought that the Promise was a very overrated song (despite many people saying it was under rated) until I heard the version from New York 2000 which absolutely blew my socks off. Might be my song of the year as well now.

You might not know this, but it's December now. And December means this thread gets bumped and we can all post our what our favourite Springsteen song of 2019 has been.

It's been an odd year for me Springsteen-wise. The Archive Series-aside, my hype and fandom really hasn't been what it was in recent years. I've listened to him enough, but the passion hasn't been quite there as much as I'd have liked. As a result I've been playing other artists, old and new (doing so I found my outright favourite song of the year, Sam Fender's "Hypersonic Missiles") and I've been occupied with doing things that doesn't consist of just listening to music. 

Anyway, I'm rambling as per usual, so here's "Zero and Blind Terry".

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

I've heard this about 20 plus times now love it, does this have to be Bruce or just Bruce friend?

Definitely Moonlight Motel for me too studio version, sheer perfection and the whole album still blows me away

• Like 3

Flat out toss up between ‘Western Stars’ and ‘Moonlight Motel’.

Although, I could also make a case for ‘Stray Bullet’ which I think I heard for the first time this year. Along with ‘Loose End’ and ‘Where The Bands Are’ it should’ve been on The River. Toss off ‘You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)’, ‘Crush On You’ and ‘I Wanna Marry You’ in favor of those three.

Steven's Summer Of Sorcery would be my vote for song of the year. Album of the year, too.

Alice Cooper, gig of the year.

• Like 3

I've been waiting for this thread to resurrect, thanks Paolo!  Relax, you're still a die hard! :D

I have already used all the superlatives, no need to repeat myself. Moonlight Motel is definitely my song of the year, it is the absolute winner, it's soul stirring, mind boggling intimate piece of art. I love it so much because I feel like he has let us closest we have ever been with each other.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

8 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Steven's Summer Of Sorcery would be my vote for song of the year. Album of the year, too.

Alice Cooper, gig of the year.

Summer has turned to autumn and winter yet this is still a fantastic album, missed by so many yet Summer of Sorcery is well worth spending those Christmas amazon voucher on.

As for Bruce song of the year- Has to be Stones, studio version - again without Patti spoiling it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

Moonlight Motel hands down.  

‘Tis beautiful.  

But I know you know my personal vote is for Western Stars :D

• Like 1

According to my Spotify this morning,Sundown is my most listened to Bruce song this year.

Razorblade was my most listened to song overall,for any of you Strokes' fans out there!

Well according to Spotify my most played song was Hello Sunshine and most listened to artist Michael Kiwanuka. Which leads nicely to my fave gig of the year which was Michael Kiwanuka at Glastonbury. 

His new album is excellent too!

Accordingly to my Itunes, Badlands is the winner again this year, as far as most played. 

But as far as new music from Bruce, Western Stars from the film. I actually felt something while watching it. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

21 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

Moonlight Motel hands down.  

I agree. That's my favorite too. With an honorable mention to the Rhinestone Cowboy cover!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

23 minutes ago, Twink said:

With an honorable mention to the Rhinestone Cowboy cover!

LOVE the Rhinestone Cowboy cover!!!!!  Thankfully so does Mr RJM!  

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

According to the email I received from Spotify today, the artist I listened to most this year was................ Bruce Springsteen, with over 44 hours of Spotify listening. Beastie Boys and Steely Dan were the next two in line. Most listened to song of the year was............... Rosalita!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1