Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Buffalo 09 Newest Archive!!!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urghh!

Out of all the riches they have; they release a Working on a Dream Show.    Ok, its not quite as bad as a seeger sessions release, but still pretty horrific. 

 

A setlist containing Surprise Surprise, Green Onions & The Angel?!   Hmmmm,  roll up, roll up...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We could pick fault with virtually every setlist if we were fussy enough.  This includes a full Greetings, Restless Nights, the Christmas double-header, Long Walk Home and after Greetings it looks like a great rocking show.

Besides, it's also Clarence's final show and that alone makes it a must.

Sure, there are other shows we'd all prefer (although we'd never agree on which ones), but for now this will do me just fine.

Merry Christmas indeed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Growin' Up said:

Urghh!

Out of all the riches they have; they release a Working on a Dream Show.    Ok, its not quite as bad as a seeger sessions release, but still pretty horrific. 

 

A setlist containing Surprise Surprise, Green Onions & The Angel?!   Hmmmm,  roll up, roll up...

I wonder if you realise this was The Big Man's last show as well as an appearance by Willie Nile ?

I guess you may well have just been in a wee bit of a hurry to post more of your attention seeking negativity.

It must be cold under that bridge James, never mind happy christmas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

A setlist containing Surprise Surprise, Green Onions & The Angel?!

I like The Angel and also Mary Queen and I always had a soft spot for these songs... (as for the whole Greetings album). (This said, they are clearly the two weak links on Greetings). And I also like Surprise Surprise!:ph34r: It's all personal, my friend.

But I think there were also reports over the years that the previous show in Baltimore, the penultimate show of the WOAD Tour, was a better and more intense show than Buffalo, with more the feeling of 'the last dance' than Buffalo. The show in Baltimore, with a full Born To Run album performance, was the last ever show with Jungleland with Clarence.

Edit: it was not my intention with this -about Baltimore- to complain about the release. A surprising choice, maybe Bruce & ESB playing so much songs from Greetings and WIESS on the U.S.A. leg of the last tour has something to do with this choice?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

Urghh!

Out of all the riches they have; they release a Working on a Dream Show.    Ok, its not quite as bad as a seeger sessions release, but still pretty horrific. 

 

A setlist containing Surprise Surprise, Green Onions & The Angel?!   Hmmmm,  roll up, roll up...

I like those songs, but what a horrible, HORRIBLE pick of a show to release.

It's a good show (Baltimore before was way better) but...there's so many other shows, much better shows, and we have this in great quality anyway!

 

argh.....:angry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was just finished listening to the CC version of this fantastic show in my car just recently, so it's great to see it getting a proper release. The full playing of Greetings was superb...and I love the Angel. The band were on great form that night. This was also the show when Bruce forgot where he was and shouted out New York instead of Buffalo during American Land.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed by this choice. I'm just bought the best of Greetings live when I bought the recent Philly show plus I strictly buy CDs. I know the last thing is my flaw, but that does mean I pay three times as much for everything, wait longer for everything and creating playlists is a bitch. All this trouble just to have something to hold. :D Also meaning I don't really buy them just to cherry pick a song or two.

A closer look at the set will probably make me reconsider later on. There's a killer R&R party going on from Restless Nights all the way to Tenth only to pick it up a little while later with Rosalita and that fantastic version of Higher and Higher they did. So that is about half of the show that needs to be played loud over my stereo to entertain my neighbors. 

I know this tour wasn't all that popular, but I would still like an early show of this ride when the recession pack was still intact and Hard Times still a part of the set. Preferably that L.A. date with Mike Ness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

I wonder if you realise this was The Big Man's last show as well as an appearance by Willie Nile ?

I guess you may well have just been in a wee bit of a hurry to post more of your attention seeking negativity.

It must be cold under that bridge James, never mind happy christmas.

They must have edited the **** out of it to make the sax parts listenable.

And never been a big fan of Sideshow Bob.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

I was at the show, so I'm delighted. Greetings was performed brilliantly and despite all the claims Baltimore was better (debateable as ever), Buffalo is an historic show for many reasons and deserves this release.

And you deserve it too. Thrilled for us all, and especially for those who were there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

I know this tour wasn't all that popular.

I think you maybe underestimate that...reports at the time suggest otherwise. Many fans were delighted with the great performances and the very great variety in the setlists and with all the rarities played-this really was a tour for fans. (BTW maybe you also underestimate how many fans really like, or love, the very beautiful and very underrated WOAD album:)).

And you could really enjoy this tour without liking the new album that much (also of course because -with exception of the first 5 shows or so from the tour- only a few songs songs from the WOAD album were played each night anyway.).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Growin' Up said:

They must have edited the **** out of it to make the sax parts listenable.

And never been a big fan of Sideshow Bob.

Well done James, The Big Mans last show and you say that..well done, all those years at university have turned you into the man you are.

I reckon your user name is spot on. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Lampi said:

I think you maybe underestimate that...reports at the time suggest otherwise. Many fans were delighted with the great performances and the very great variety in the setlists and with all the rarities played-this really was a tour for fans. (BTW maybe you also underestimate how many fans really like, or love,  the very beautiful and very underrated WOAD album:)).

And you could really enjoy this tour without liking the new album that much (also of course because -with exception of the first 5 shows or so from the tour- only a few songs songs from the WOAD album were played each night anyway.).

I watched those setlists from afair never be leaving I would ever get to Bruuuuuuuuuuuce for myself

I still love the album too and am still willing to go to war over how much I love it - but not till after Christmas ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a live show release, one of many to come. It's a product being offered and fans have the choice of purchasing it or not. I don't think there's ever been any kind of attempt to make these releases seem like some benevolent act of kindness. Neither are they some evil plot to disappoint.

I'm enjoying this show quite a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...