VABOSSFAN

U2 in 2017 - Updated with 2017 Joshua Tree tour dates NEW DATES ADDED 6/6/17

On 28 dicembre 2016 at 4:20 AM, VABOSSFAN said:

Could be an interesting year....Probable shows is US marking the 30th anniversary of the release of The Joshua Tree.

http://www.u2.com/news/title/happy-christmas

To be honest, I'm more excited by their Song of Experience release. The Joshua tree material has been a staple on their shows ever since the original album release anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frank said:

To be honest, I'm more excited by their Song of Experience release. The Joshua tree material has been a steaple on their shows ever since the original album release anyway.

Have they ever played Red Hill Mining Town live? Full JT show would be worth it just for that, as I think everything else has been played at some stage (and as you point out a large part of it regularly)

• Like 1

They told us the Songs of Experience album would be out this year. They also told us the songs were written a while ago alongside the Songs of Innocence material. Why has it taken so long? I hope it is a great album but I'm a but suspicious that a set of supposedly great songs needed so much additional tinkering before release. We'll see. 

3 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

Have they ever played Red Hill Mining Town live? Full JT show would be worth it just for that, as I think everything else has been played at some stage (and as you point out a large part of it regularly)

No idea, but I think the first five songs actually make the album. And they've been frequent enough in the years. 

22 minutes ago, Frank said:

No idea, but I think the first five songs actually make the album. And they've been frequent enough in the years.

Never quite got the fuss about Bullet the Blue Sky. A one chord drone with over cooked lyrics. What was side two of the original release has a couple of boring clunkers. Much prefer Achtung Baby. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demos said:

They told us the Songs of Experience album would be out this year. They also told us the songs were written a while ago alongside the Songs of Innocence material. Why has it taken so long? I hope it is a great album but I'm a but suspicious that a set of supposedly great songs needed so much additional tinkering before release. We'll see. 

Probably waiting for the iPhone 8 release. ;)

1 hour ago, HelloNewman said:

You glorify the past, when the future dries up... 

GoodbyeNewman

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Probably waiting for the iPhone 8 release. ;)

seinfeld.gif

1 hour ago, HelloNewman said:

You glorify the past, when the future dries up... 

An ironic comment from a guy who thinks country style twang is the pinnacle of musical accomplishment. 

Whatever it is, bring it on.  I'd love it if they did the arenas again.

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Whatever it is, bring it on.  I'd love it if they did the arenas again.

Ditto!  The areas were awesome last time around! 

6 hours ago, Demos said:

An ironic comment from a guy who thinks country style twang is the pinnacle of musical accomplishment. 

I was just quoting the man himself. I love The Joshua Tree and loads of other kinds of music. 

I will however reserve full judgement before I can review your 2016 best of list. I suspect twang like Skeleton Tree and FLOTUS could feature highly. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demos said:

Never quite got the fuss about Bullet the Blue Sky. A one chord drone with over cooked lyrics. What was side two of the original release has a couple of boring clunkers. Much prefer Achtung Baby. 

Coincidentally (or not), I think the Bullet The Blue Sky arrangement on the Zoo TV tour is the best version of that song. I agree that the album version is a bit dull.

Then again, the studio version of Streets Have No Name merely hints at the fact that it would become one of the greatest live songs by anyone ever.

18 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Could be an interesting year....Probable shows is US marking the 30th anniversary of the release of The Joshua Tree.

http://www.u2.com/news/title/happy-christmas

What am I missing here? And by no means is this anymore more than trying to find the info. But does it say somewhere in this link about a tour? because I have hit every button on that site without any results.

Or is this just wishful thinking? And if so I'm with you, hopefully a St. Louis stop.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

What am I missing here? And by no means is this anymore more than trying to find the info. But does it say somewhere in this link about a tour? because I have hit every button on that site without any results.

Or is this just wishful thinking? And if so I'm with you, hopefully a St. Louis stop.

The Christmas video....Just says some special shows coming up to celebrate 30 years of the Joshua Tree...Rumor mill says some stadium shows but we'll see.

5 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

The Christmas video....Just says some special shows coming up to celebrate 30 years of the Joshua Tree...Rumor mill says some stadium shows but we'll see.

Thanks, well shoot if it's stadium shows, St. Louis won't be on it. Chicago here we come.

1 hour ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Also hearing they will be playing at Bonnaroo in June.  

Half way between us! ;)

Thought this was interesting too.  Was talking to a buddy about the new Falcons stadium and was perusing the stadium web site.   They have renderings of the stadium in configurations for different types of events.  The image for a concert configuration is below. Note the U2 3D sign above the stage.  The stadium is supposed to open in mid summer.   Wouldn't be surprised if U2 is the first event.  

http://mercedesbenzstadium.com/photo-gallery/event-configurations/

configuration-concert-1200x1126.jpg

More rumours include tour to begin May 12 in Vancouver with other stops in Seattle, San Francisco, LA, Philly, Boston, NY/NJ, and DC.

Concert announcements said to be coming this Monday.