Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

U2 in 2017 - Updated with 2017 Joshua Tree tour dates NEW DATES ADDED 6/6/17


VABOSSFAN
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 28 dicembre 2016 at 4:20 AM, VABOSSFAN said:

Could be an interesting year....Probable shows is US marking the 30th anniversary of the release of The Joshua Tree.

http://www.u2.com/news/title/happy-christmas

To be honest, I'm more excited by their Song of Experience release. The Joshua tree material has been a staple on their shows ever since the original album release anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Frank said:

To be honest, I'm more excited by their Song of Experience release. The Joshua tree material has been a steaple on their shows ever since the original album release anyway.

Have they ever played Red Hill Mining Town live? Full JT show would be worth it just for that, as I think everything else has been played at some stage (and as you point out a large part of it regularly)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They told us the Songs of Experience album would be out this year. They also told us the songs were written a while ago alongside the Songs of Innocence material. Why has it taken so long? I hope it is a great album but I'm a but suspicious that a set of supposedly great songs needed so much additional tinkering before release. We'll see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

Have they ever played Red Hill Mining Town live? Full JT show would be worth it just for that, as I think everything else has been played at some stage (and as you point out a large part of it regularly)

No idea, but I think the first five songs actually make the album. And they've been frequent enough in the years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Frank said:

No idea, but I think the first five songs actually make the album. And they've been frequent enough in the years.

Never quite got the fuss about Bullet the Blue Sky. A one chord drone with over cooked lyrics. What was side two of the original release has a couple of boring clunkers. Much prefer Achtung Baby. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Demos said:

They told us the Songs of Experience album would be out this year. They also told us the songs were written a while ago alongside the Songs of Innocence material. Why has it taken so long? I hope it is a great album but I'm a but suspicious that a set of supposedly great songs needed so much additional tinkering before release. We'll see. 

Probably waiting for the iPhone 8 release. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Demos said:

An ironic comment from a guy who thinks country style twang is the pinnacle of musical accomplishment. 

I was just quoting the man himself. I love The Joshua Tree and loads of other kinds of music. 

I will however reserve full judgement before I can review your 2016 best of list. I suspect twang like Skeleton Tree and FLOTUS could feature highly. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Demos said:

Never quite got the fuss about Bullet the Blue Sky. A one chord drone with over cooked lyrics. What was side two of the original release has a couple of boring clunkers. Much prefer Achtung Baby. 

Coincidentally (or not), I think the Bullet The Blue Sky arrangement on the Zoo TV tour is the best version of that song. I agree that the album version is a bit dull.

Then again, the studio version of Streets Have No Name merely hints at the fact that it would become one of the greatest live songs by anyone ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Could be an interesting year....Probable shows is US marking the 30th anniversary of the release of The Joshua Tree.

http://www.u2.com/news/title/happy-christmas

What am I missing here? And by no means is this anymore more than trying to find the info. But does it say somewhere in this link about a tour? because I have hit every button on that site without any results.

Or is this just wishful thinking? And if so I'm with you, hopefully a St. Louis stop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

What am I missing here? And by no means is this anymore more than trying to find the info. But does it say somewhere in this link about a tour? because I have hit every button on that site without any results.

Or is this just wishful thinking? And if so I'm with you, hopefully a St. Louis stop.

The Christmas video....Just says some special shows coming up to celebrate 30 years of the Joshua Tree...Rumor mill says some stadium shows but we'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

The Christmas video....Just says some special shows coming up to celebrate 30 years of the Joshua Tree...Rumor mill says some stadium shows but we'll see.

Thanks, well shoot if it's stadium shows, St. Louis won't be on it. Chicago here we come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought this was interesting too.  Was talking to a buddy about the new Falcons stadium and was perusing the stadium web site.   They have renderings of the stadium in configurations for different types of events.  The image for a concert configuration is below. Note the U2 3D sign above the stage.  The stadium is supposed to open in mid summer.   Wouldn't be surprised if U2 is the first event.  

http://mercedesbenzstadium.com/photo-gallery/event-configurations/

 

configuration-concert-1200x1126.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...