Greasy Lake Community

U2 in 2017 - Updated with 2017 Joshua Tree tour dates NEW DATES ADDED 6/6/17

VABOSSFAN

Some extras added in Manchester and London, plus other euro cities too ,  not sure of on sales yet as I got in on the first pre sale for London, but it must have gone ok sales wise.   Not surprisingly really,  despite the price hike!  But everything seems expensive these days!!  

Might be the last we see of them for a while after this I think.  

1 minute ago, ukjohnney said:

Some extras added in Manchester and London, plus other euro cities too ,  not sure of on sales yet as I got in on the first pre sale for London, but it must have gone ok sales wise.   Not surprisingly really,  despite the price hike!  But everything seems expensive these days!!  

Might be the last we see of them for a while after this I think.  

I got absolutely nowhere today, nor in the LN presale yesterday.  Not a sniff of standing tickets. 

I suspect very few were released, in the hopes that people would cough up for expensive seats instead.  £200+ for Level 4 at the O2?  Ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Rizla said:

I got absolutely nowhere today, nor in the LN presale yesterday.  Not a sniff of standing tickets. 

I suspect very few were released, in the hopes that people would cough up for expensive seats instead.  £200+ for Level 4 at the O2?  Ridiculous.

Gah!!! That’s crazy hopefully more will appear or there will be better luck on the extra shows.   

I got very lucky with my fan club  presale as I think there was an error . 

I keep going back to check, but I think we are being conned as usual.

Remember Bruce supposedly selling out Croke Park in ten minutes?  That was a lie, wasn't it.  Sadly this is the norm now.

• Like 2

I give up.  I actually got a standing ticket in my basket this morning, but Ticketbastard wouldn't let me pay for it so I watched helplessly as the few seconds allowed ticked away.  The seats are outrageously overpriced even if I wanted one.

Really really pissed off.  Missed the Joshua Tree gigs because couldn't get a ticket for Saturday and already had ticket for Hyde Park on the Sunday.  So annoying that they scheduled it to clash with those big events.  Our crowded little island needs more dates than they give us.

Think I'm done with U2 now.  We deserve better from them.

17 hours ago, Rizla said:

I give up.  I actually got a standing ticket in my basket this morning, but Ticketbastard wouldn't let me pay for it so I watched helplessly as the few seconds allowed ticked away.  The seats are outrageously overpriced even if I wanted one.

Really really pissed off.  Missed the Joshua Tree gigs because couldn't get a ticket for Saturday and already had ticket for Hyde Park on the Sunday.  So annoying that they scheduled it to clash with those big events.  Our crowded little island needs more dates than they give us.

It's tough when you can't get tickets, but stay loyal with the band if you like the music. Maybe they will add more dates. U2's crime here is being popular. You should be angry with the touts, not the band. It's a difficult problem to resolve. If the beatles were around now in their prime, do you think they'd have the magic answer to solve ticketing issues. U2 are touring quite regularly in recent years. They're getting older too so there's only so many shows they'll want to perform.

I was quite down myself when I didn't get a ticket to Slane 1 in 2001. Then they did add another date that I could get tickets too. And we got the Ireland Holland football match on the big screen at the second gig, which was quite special. If there had not been a second slane gig, I would have been very disappointed but I would not have been any less of a fan.

On 02/02/2018 at 12:45 PM, Rizla said:

That’s a shame - all round!  

I am sure some will drop, but I guess that’s your call.  Don’t give up on the boys too soon and then regret it!   :(

On 2/2/2018 at 12:45 PM, Rizla said:

Same thing happened to me but for a seated ticket. I eventually got back into the system and eventually landed a better seat in the same block. There were still some seats left this morning but I admit they are a bit pricey. I've never seen them in an indoor arena before so I've splashed out a bit on this ticket. plus I don't go to many gigs these days so why not? 

14 hours ago, EireBruce said:

It's tough when you can't get tickets, but stay loyal with the band if you like the music. Maybe they will add more dates. U2's crime here is being popular. You should be angry with the touts, not the band. It's a difficult problem to resolve. If the beatles were around now in their prime, do you think they'd have the magic answer to solve ticketing issues. U2 are touring quite regularly in recent years. They're getting older too so there's only so many shows they'll want to perform.

I was quite down myself when I didn't get a ticket to Slane 1 in 2001. Then they did add another date that I could get tickets too. And we got the Ireland Holland football match on the big screen at the second gig, which was quite special. If there had not been a second slane gig, I would have been very disappointed but I would not have been any less of a fan.

Er No. Blame U2. Since they parted with Paul McGuinness their new manager has sold them lock, stock & barrel to LiveNation.

LiveNation own U2.com who you have to pay £50 to get presale access to buy tour tix from LiveNation. If you are lucky enough to get Ga tix good on you. They don't seem to release that many in the presale. If not you could buy a seated ticket for £200. If not you could try for a GA on the secondary market for £300 , a site which is owned by, you guessed it Live Nation.

As for Verified Fan, ck out Ticketmaster US. Look at the seats available Madison Square Garden. Half of the available seats left are Verified Fans reselling their tix at 3x face value on the ticketmaster( livenation) official site.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richevs said:

Er No. Blame U2. Since they parted with Paul McGuinness their new manager has sold them lock, stock & barrel to LiveNation.

LiveNation own U2.com who you have to pay £50 to get presale access to buy tour tix from LiveNation. If you are lucky enough to get Ga tix good on you. They don't seem to release that many in the presale. If not you could buy a seated ticket for £200. If not you could try for a GA on the secondary market for £300 , a site which is owned by, you guessed it Live Nation.

As for Verified Fan, ck out Ticketmaster US. Look at the seats available Madison Square Garden. Half of the available seats left are Verified Fans reselling their tix at 3x face value on the ticketmaster( livenation) official site.

Off topic slightly , but the fan clubs gone down hill rapidly since then too, I was member before in 2006 ish I think but it lapsed , anyway you always got your gift promptly.    

I rejoined in Jan 2017 for the jt tour and I am still waiting for my 2017 gift!!!  (Vinyl singles from the tour) some have shipped some/most have not  , it’s frankly appalling.  

But at least I got ga tickets for last year and this year too in the presales , I doubt I will renew again though.  You might think the band might exert a bit of control , but it seems not.  

On 03/02/2018 at 5:03 AM, EireBruce said:

Don't fall for the "touts" smokescreen.  It's the promoters and the management who are the touts.

7 hours ago, Rizla said:

Don't fall for the "touts" smokescreen.  It's the promoters and the management who are the touts.

It's both. The internet has allowed anyone the chance to make a quick profit, without leaving their armchair. So there are certainly many folks out there who will attempt to buy tickets without the slightest intention of going to the show. 

It wouldn't stop it completely but it would certainly make a big dent in this issue would be legislation that concert tickets could only be sold on in the 10 days prior to the show. Hence giving people with true 'spares' through illness etc a window to sell. The thought that you would have to sit on the tickets for so long, while out of pocket, would I reckon deter many. There is never a valid reason for a resale minutes after the original onsale. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I still haven't forgiven them for just offering two England dates for this tour, announced late and clashing with a major festival for which loads of us already had tickets.  They owe us another chance.

Bono: "It's only taken me 30 years to learn how to sing these songs and it's great to be able to say that I've finally caught up with the band. Our audience has given the Joshua Tree a whole new life on this tour. Doing these shows has been very special for us, a lot of emotion… From the despair of how relevant some of the dark songs still are, to the joy, pure fun of the staging… it's quite a ride."

I really wish I would have done whatever it took to see this one  :(    

• Like 2

Would love to see this.  I was - shall we say - slightly impaired when I was them on the original JT tour.  BTW isn't that giant screen the same screen they used in the Innocence & Experience tours only laid out across the back of the stage instead of down the middle of the arena?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Would love to see this.  I was - shall we say - slightly impaired when I was them on the original JT tour.  BTW isn't that giant screen the same screen they used in the Innocence & Experience tours only laid out across the back of the stage instead of down the middle of the arena?

No it’s a different screen, well it was in 2017,  much bigger ( god damn huge in fact) and Joshua tree shaped,  the indoor I + E or  E + I screen is smaller and moves and is two sided and they can get inside it! 

There might be a picture of mine a few pages back, 

It was a truly stunning sight when they first turned it on after the first 4 songs,  maybe this explains why we haven’t had a dvd or similar release from this tour yet!  As they are not shy in releasing stuff normally. 

If they came back with this I would go again that’s for sure! 

Or are they planning a anniversary tour of a certain 1991 album for us instead?  

21 hours ago, took me long enough said:

Bono: "It's only taken me 30 years to learn how to sing these songs and it's great to be able to say that I've finally caught up with the band. Our audience has given the Joshua Tree a whole new life on this tour. Doing these shows has been very special for us, a lot of emotion… From the despair of how relevant some of the dark songs still are, to the joy, pure fun of the staging… it's quite a ride."

I really wish I would have done whatever it took to see this one  :(    

I don't, because it would have meant missing what turned out to be Tom Petty's last performance here. :(

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rizla said:

I don't, because it would have meant missing what turned out to be Tom Petty's last performance here. :(

Lucky lucky you!!! Wish I could have seen him... 

On 2/2/2018 at 12:45 PM, Rizla said:

I actually got a standing ticket in my basket this morning, but Ticketbastard wouldn't let me pay for it so I watched helplessly as the few seconds allowed ticked away.

Had a very similar experience with Kate Bush, had tickets in my basket went to payment screen and it kicked me out ..... lost the tickets,  called the ticket provider, they werent interested and I never got to see KAte Bush, but of course there were soon tickets on sale for thousand pounds + on re sale sites......... :angry: