VABOSSFAN

U2 in 2017 - Updated with 2017 Joshua Tree tour dates NEW DATES ADDED 6/6/17

No luck getting a ticket for Twickers.  I'll keep looking.  What I would like to see ideally is an extra date added on the Friday, but not much chance of that happening.

Dammit - they have added a second show, but it's the Sunday of course which clashes with Petty/Nicks at Hyde Park.  That has really taken the shine off that for me now.

I managed to grab a Red Zone for Amsterdam in the general sale, and sold my cat 1 seat, all before 10am today and before news of night 2 broke.

Nice and easy, although from reading their forum today, that certainly wasn't the norm. Very happy, but much worse off financially than I was.

Croke park tickets seem to have been a nightmare , with resale site having loads by about 9:01! 

16 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

Croke park tickets seem to have been a nightmare , with resale site having loads by about 9:01! 

All the Euro dates seemed to sell out in no time, but Croke especially seems to have been ridiculous.

Although seeing them in their hometown would have been ace, I am more than happy with Amsterdam. I recall reports of stinking sound in Croke for the Springsteen shows there and I cannot help think that the drunk count in Amsterdam will be somewhat lower than Dublin (and London come to think of it).

10 hours ago, HelloNewman said:

All the Euro dates seemed to sell out in no time, but Croke especially seems to have been ridiculous.

Although seeing them in their hometown would have been ace, I am more than happy with Amsterdam. I recall reports of stinking sound in Croke for the Springsteen shows there and I cannot help think that the drunk count in Amsterdam will be somewhat lower than Dublin (and London come to think of it).

I would hope you would be ok for drunks in the red zone!   But you never ever know! 

• Like 1

I have been listening to The Joshua Tree a lot since this tour reignited my love for this band. It is an incredible record and it is absolutely phenomenal when you consider that I reckon the weakest song on the record is Where The Streets Have No Name. I don't mean it is a bad song, it is great, I just feel it is weak in comparison to the monster anthem when played live.

It would be a dream for me if the majority of the show is based around the record and also Rattle and Hum (as they are Joshua Tree songs also). Seeing stuff like Silver and Gold, Hawkmoon 269, Heartland and Spanish Eyes played live would be a dream come true.

Unless of course after the American dates they decide that The Joshua Tree isn't right for a European audience so they revert to a greatest hits set. Imagine that... :ph34r:

ggrrr - killers are on at Hyde park on the same day now.  U2 would always win in my book but still it's a bit annoying , what was it 11 years ago? the the killers were supporting u2 on the vertigo tour.  

48 minutes ago, ukjohnney said:

Adam says that they "might" play some new songs on the tour, but need to see how they fit into a stadium show,  hope to have the new album out by the end of the year.  We will see in time I guess! 

http://www.nme.com/news/music/u2-to-play-experience-songs-joshua-tree-tour-1957996

Having not seen U2 since 1997 and I have always kicked myself that I was born a couple of years too late for The Joshua Tree tour, I actually hope there isn't new songs. A night of nostalgia will do me perfectly for this.

1 hour ago, HelloNewman said:

Having not seen U2 since 1997 and I have always kicked myself that I was born a couple of years too late for The Joshua Tree tour, I actually hope there isn't new songs. A night of nostalgia will do me perfectly for this.

I guess that this is probably just talk.....  they say lots of things that never quite happen, like a follow up to no line in the horizon being already done and ready to go, and songs of experience being nearly done 18 months ago.   

I am with you in that a night of Joshua tree , outracks/b sides , rattle and hum stuff and then a few big hits will be just great!   The last tour was great but this is a different animal in theory, 

Adam said the beginning of the show may be similar to the i+e set in 2015 with early material mixed with Songs of Innocence. I loved "People Have the Power" into "Ballad of Joey Ramone" to kick off those gigs. Personally, I wouldn't expect any rarities,  likely be the usual suspects outside The Joshua Tree. As long as they finish with "40" I'll be happy.Last time I heard that live was the original Joshua Tree tour.

Yeah, now Adams saying that they haven't decided whether to play the album in order in one block, or spread the songs throughout the set, whatever they decide I sure it will be great, they can put on a good show those 4 can't they! 

If it was to be played in order (which I hope they do), I cannot see them starting with it (ala The River).

WTSHNN in broad daylight would lose the impact greatly.

14 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Louisville KY added for Friday June 16th.

Jeez.  How about Atlanta?  July 4th seems to be an open date.  Make it so.  

On 01/02/2017 at 3:46 PM, Wasted in the heat said:

Jeez.  How about Atlanta?  July 4th seems to be an open date.  Make it so.  

It's only 4 days (without even mentioning time zones) between that and the 2 London shows though, so I doubt it!  

1 minute ago, ukjohnney said:

It's only 4 days (without even mentioning time zones) between that and the 2 London shows though, so I doubt it!  

I know.  Just wishful thinking.  All likely venues unavailable on that date anyway. 

Not the greatest surprise in the world ever! But at least in the right year (take note jlm) here comes the 30th anniversary reissue of The Joshua Tree! 

Various formats with new remixes , old b sides and a live album from 1987 madison square garden ! 

http://www.u2.com/news/title/the-joshua-tree-at-30

out June 2nd! 

That super deluxe vinyl set looks beautiful and very tempting. I may just treat myself.

large.jpg 

A week till it kicks off, hurrah , stage pictures are appearing and live rehearsals are underway.   I won't post it here in case people want to be suprised, I have only glanced though! 

Plus they have finally announced the fan club gift! 

http://www.u2.com/news/title/the-joshua-tree-singles-vinyl-collection-1987--2017/news/

That's a nice gift. Looking forward to getting my hands on that. 

As for the tour, I am still torn on if I will stay away from any reports. I would love to, but July 29th is a lifetime away. 

Most likely I will be all over it like a rash come opening night. 

• Like 1