VABOSSFAN

U2 in 2017 - Updated with 2017 Joshua Tree tour dates NEW DATES ADDED 6/6/17

I am apparently more U2 Verified than I am Bruce got in at MSG for $47 still some $330 left 

27 minutes ago, AMIW said:

didn't vabossfan say at some point that you could only register for one show so presumably you couldn't just go to Oklahoma or somewhere on a whim

so I guess they will have to try and flog the tickets to the Unverified at some point?

#Not_A_Verified_fan

When i registered for the Verified fan thing it asked what show I was going to try for...I picked Nashville but was able to purchase for DC...So I don't think it really matters.

38 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Here is the email:

f you haven’t already used your code, here it is again and it can be used for any of the available shows. 

Available shows:

5/2/2018 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center

5/4/2018 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center

5/22/2018 - Chicago, IL - United Center

5/26/2018 - Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena

5/28/2018 - Atlanta, GA - Infinite Energy Arena

6/9/2018 - Uniondale, NY - NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum

6/13/2018 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

6/17/2018 - Washington, DC - Capital One Arena

6/29/2018 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center

So, you applied for a verified fan code, not thru the fan club, and then they sent you one for these?

I'm totally confused about everything..............Is there a public sale besides the verified codes?  Is that more of a presale? 

I applied and didn't get one from the fan club - and then they texted me two out of the blue last week. 

Just now, bbb said:

So, you applied for a verified fan code, not thru the fan club, and then they sent you one for these?

I'm totally confused about everything..............Is there a public sale besides the verified codes?  Is that more of a presale? 

I applied and didn't get one from the fan club - and then they texted me two out of the blue last week. 

It’s really confusing.  The VF code comes from TM, but the ticketing company that the venue in Atlanta uses is AXS.   I don’t think there is a sale without the codes, but maybe if sales are slow they will open it up.  

ETA you can sign up for the code thru the fan club or directly with TM.  I think the fan club had an earlier presale last week.  

7 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

ETA you can sign up for the code thru the fan club or directly with TM.  I think the fan club had an earlier presale last week.  

Thanks.  I think I signed up for one with and one without the fan club, and then got those two last week, well after presales were happening and there wasn't seats I really wanted.  I figured I'll keep the codes in case they open up more shows..............I can't believe they are selling entire arena shows with these stupid things.  I can understand doing it at the Kerr, but WTF. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bbb said:

Thanks.  I think I signed up for one with and one without the fan club, and then got those two last week, well after presales were happening and there wasn't seats I really wanted.  I figured I'll keep the codes in case they open up more shows..............I can't believe they are selling entire arena shows with these stupid things.  I can understand doing it at the Kerr, but WTF. 

The Atlanta venue is relatively small - about 12,000 seats - but it looks like about 2/3 of them are over $300.  That’s a damned pricey ticket for most people. 

• Like 1

For me, U2 was GA or nothing. Those prices for seats are crazy, and the way the stages are set up, there won't be a bad spot on the floor.  Luckily, I got GA's. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davemunday said:

I am apparently more U2 Verified than I am Bruce got in at MSG for $47 still some $330 left 

and more verified than other peeps from Blighty :(

On 11/20/2017 at 6:30 PM, PattyC said:

For me, U2 was GA or nothing. Those prices for seats are crazy, and the way the stages are set up, there won't be a bad spot on the floor.  Luckily, I got GA's. 

I agree. I was only trying for GA for Philly or Newark. Ticket prices are outrageous to start, and I was looking for 3 tickets. NO way I am paying close to $400 for 3 tix for a bad angle of the video screen.

I was verify for the Citi presale and the general sale. Got in immediately for both sales and NO GA.

I am totally disappointed with U2 and how the ticket sales were managed. 

• Like 1

I thought I read today that ticket sales are now open to the general public.

Great lower level seats were still available this afternoon for Philly.  Reasonable priced shows would have sold out with hours, no?

On 11/20/2017 at 4:00 PM, Wasted in the heat said:

Just tried again and now only the $329 tickets are prompting.  I think they simply overpriced the tickets.  Probably made the best tickets available only to fan club members and now are left with unsold tickets at the high price levels. 

You think they overpriced the tickets?

29 minutes ago, Horley2 said:

I thought I read today that ticket sales are now open to the general public.

Great lower level seats were still available this afternoon for Philly.  Reasonable priced shows would have sold out with hours, no?

Definitely. 

just looked and for the tiny arena in Duluth you could still buy $329 tickets, $175 tickets and even $45 tickets - pretty embarrassing for an 11K arena

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AMIW said:

just looked and for the tiny arena in Duluth you could still buy $329 tickets, $175 tickets and even $45 tickets - pretty embarrassing for an 11K arena

How are you even able to pick a ticket level?  When I bought mine it was just “ya get what ya get.”.  Wouldn’t be surprised that the poor sales have something to do with the confusing purchase process. 

• Like 1

i don't know about the original onsale but after horley posted they were onsale to unverified people I went to axs via the venue website

it offers me two choices regular seating or limited view seating

choose regular seating I click on select price range at the bottom

it then says Best Available or P1 maximum price $329 or P2 maximum price $175

heck it even lets me pick a section 102 or 103 or ....

30 minutes ago, AMIW said:

i don't know about the original onsale but after horley posted they were onsale to unverified people I went to axs via the venue website

it offers me two choices regular seating or limited view seating

choose regular seating I click on select price range at the bottom

it then says Best Available or P1 maximum price $329 or P2 maximum price $175

heck it even lets me pick a section 102 or 103 or ....

Thx.  Will check today to see if it is different from what was there Monday.  

Yes.  Now it does have a link to select price range.  Unfortunately the choices are Best Available and $329 - assuming they sold out of the lower price levels since your post.  

Good that they fixed it though.  If they add a second show I will try for the $175 level and sell my $45 seats (or just say eff it and go to both shows).  

Cheapest tix in Chicago are ~$75 for 300 level behind the stage.  Anything else is big $$.

Pass.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wasted in the heat said:

How are you even able to pick a ticket level?  When I bought mine it was just “ya get what ya get.”.  Wouldn’t be surprised that the poor sales have something to do with the confusing purchase process. 

Thanks.  I think everything on Ticketmaster is totally confusng these days............I also think everything with my iphone and with windows gets more confusing with every update............I really want to start a platform called "Good enough" that has the same operating system, etc. for the next 15 years.  It works now, quit fucking it up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I totally think they missed the market place at least here in STL. There are a ton of high price great seats left both on TM and SH. I think I'll wait and see where these prices go.

• Like 1

Reminder...U2 on Saturday Night Live tonight.

Got my GA tix for D.C. In the mail today. :)