Tom-Joad

What series are you watching?

TV (and online) series are probably every bit as important nowadays as movies. So what are the ones you're watching or have just finished watching?

MV5BMTkxNzIzMzM4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODgw

It's not perfect but it's really, really enjoyable! I recommend it.

• Like 1

Just watched the first episode of the new season of Sherlock. Jeremy Brett will always be Sherlock to me but I was really enjoying Cumberbatch's rendition and, really, this adaptation in general. This episode, though, was absolute and complete rubbish. So many things wrong with it I spent 90 minutes yelling at the TV.

I recently watched:

"Goliath."  Really liked it.

"The OA."  Started out enjoyable, but ended up despising it.

"Black Mirror."  So good most of the time that I can forgive when it's not.

Rewatched "Breaking Bad."  One of my top 3 series ever...

• Like 1

Yeah I've been rewatching Breaking Bad too, it's been awhile and I forgot a lot of things. Watching Better Call Saul now.

• Like 1

If we're also including network TV: 

I'm absolutely hooked on This Is Us.

Can't wait for it's return on Jan. 10th. 

• Like 1

call the midwife

it has the most marvellous female characters 

Friend at work was talking about Game of Thrones. So he gave his copy of the first three seasons, what an addiction that turned out to be. Since than we have rented season 4-5 and 6 from the library. Most likely will finish up sometime this week.

Just got a Smart TV. so I'm also in to House of Cards right now.  

• Like 1

We (Ms Bear and I) have recently watched;

Goliath (which we both loved) and The Man in the High Castle - first series (good - will watch the second series soon)

We are currently halfway through Amazing Things.  We have come close to abandoning it but it's picking up - we might see it through.

I am also rewatching West Wing for the third time - I travel a lot and nothing better than whiling away a few hours on a plane/airport/hotel than Jed Bartlett and his crew.

5 minutes ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

We (Ms Bear and I) have recently watched;

Goliath (which we both loved) and The Man in the High Castle - first series (good - will watch the second series soon)

We are currently halfway through Amazing Things.  We have come close to abandoning it but it's picking up - we might see it through.

I am also rewatching West Wing for the third time - I travel a lot and nothing better than whiling away a few hours on a plane/airport/hotel than Jed Bartlett and his crew.

I could barely finish the first episode of the second season of The Man in the High Castle... It was incredibly boring and pointless. I had quite liked most of the first season, though...

34 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

I could barely finish the first episode of the second season of The Man in the High Castle... It was incredibly boring and pointless. I had quite liked most of the first season, though...

That doesn't bode well!

The dh and I are watching S2 of Man in the High Castle.  Not as good as the first and a couple real clunker episodes so far.  I'm still in and am nearly done.

Grand Tour, Netflix's Top Gear reboot.  Generally good but the Namibia episodes were awful.  They ain't no Bolivia, that's for sure.

I watched Goliath.  Starts well but devolves quickly and ends in a way I can only describe as stupid.  Good performances though and I'm not sorry I watched it.

I'm watching Black Mirror but that's a show I watch one then wander away to think for a bit then watch another.

Must get back to Bloodline S2.  I think I'm on E3.

@rosiejaneymary, I'm watching This Is Us too.  I kinda love it but I kinda hate it.  LOL  I'm still watching.

Agreed re: Goliath, PRR...mentioned it on the show thread.....it was almost like they realized they only had 2 episodes to finish and said "oh well, fook it...let's do *this*."

until the ending, I really enjoyed it. 

Working through The Americans now (almost done with S2) and I am enjoying it. 

I LOVE The Americans--almost every facet of that show is stellar. Really looking forward to the next season.

I just finished watching Rectify. A quiet, beautiful, moving, affecting, wonder of a show. It moves slowly, the better to be immersed. Loved it. 

• Like 1

I have one episode left to finish catching up on 'Billions'.

A pretty good show...I'll be back for season 2.

• Like 1

I'm trying really hard to finish Westworld but I'm three episodes away from the season finale and I don't know if I can take any more. I don't understand why this show is so praised.

Just binge watched both series of The Tunnel, recommend it.

I'm finally watching Mad Men. Never saw a single episode until about three weeks ago. I'm up to the third season, and it's certainly good...but in my opinion, nowhere near as good as I was led to believe. A little too much soap opera for my tastes.

Maron, season 2.

after Bruce's WTF interview I decided to watch the second series. I liked the first one a lot. So far (I'm nit much of a binge watcher so I've only watched two), it's great. Better than the first season.

On 1/5/2017 at 3:16 PM, cobalt said:

I'm finally watching Mad Men. Never saw a single episode until about three weeks ago. I'm up to the third season, and it's certainly good...but in my opinion, nowhere near as good as I was led to believe. A little too much soap opera for my tastes.

Thanks for saying this.  I've tried twice to watch this show, got thru S1 and just didn't see it.  Thought I must be crazy since everyone loves it but me.. Styistically it's gorgeous, costumes, set dressing but as a show I just DGAF about anyone.

ETA: I don't get Seinfeld either.  I'm missing a pop culture gene I suppose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrettyRedRose said:

ETA: I don't get Seinfeld either.  

blaspheme_blues_brothers.gif

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, cobalt said:

That's how I got into this show...binged watched the first 3 seasons.

I'm a huge fan of this show, but it definitely had some less than great moments/episodes etc.  This one would probably fall at the back-end of my top ten series list.

On 04/01/2017 at 0:52 AM, PrettyRedRose said:

The dh and I are watching S2 of Man in the High Castle.  Not as good as the first and a couple real clunker episodes so far.  I'm still in and am nearly done.

Grand Tour, Netflix's Top Gear reboot.  Generally good but the Namibia episodes were awful.  They ain't no Bolivia, that's for sure.

I watched Goliath.  Starts well but devolves quickly and ends in a way I can only describe as stupid.  Good performances though and I'm not sorry I watched it.

I'm watching Black Mirror but that's a show I watch one then wander away to think for a bit then watch another.

Must get back to Bloodline S2.  I think I'm on E3.

@rosiejaneymary, I'm watching This Is Us too.  I kinda love it but I kinda hate it.  LOL  I'm still watching.

I've just started watching Bloodline. I quite liked the first episode. Is it consistent throughout the season?