Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?


Recommended Posts

Just watched the first episode of the new season of Sherlock. Jeremy Brett will always be Sherlock to me but I was really enjoying Cumberbatch's rendition and, really, this adaptation in general. This episode, though, was absolute and complete rubbish. So many things wrong with it I spent 90 minutes yelling at the TV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recently watched:

"Goliath."  Really liked it.

"The OA."  Started out enjoyable, but ended up despising it.

"Black Mirror."  So good most of the time that I can forgive when it's not.

Rewatched "Breaking Bad."  One of my top 3 series ever...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Friend at work was talking about Game of Thrones. So he gave his copy of the first three seasons, what an addiction that turned out to be. Since than we have rented season 4-5 and 6 from the library. Most likely will finish up sometime this week.

Just got a Smart TV. so I'm also in to House of Cards right now.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We (Ms Bear and I) have recently watched;

Goliath (which we both loved) and The Man in the High Castle - first series (good - will watch the second series soon)

We are currently halfway through Amazing Things.  We have come close to abandoning it but it's picking up - we might see it through.

I am also rewatching West Wing for the third time - I travel a lot and nothing better than whiling away a few hours on a plane/airport/hotel than Jed Bartlett and his crew.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

We (Ms Bear and I) have recently watched;

Goliath (which we both loved) and The Man in the High Castle - first series (good - will watch the second series soon)

We are currently halfway through Amazing Things.  We have come close to abandoning it but it's picking up - we might see it through.

I am also rewatching West Wing for the third time - I travel a lot and nothing better than whiling away a few hours on a plane/airport/hotel than Jed Bartlett and his crew.

I could barely finish the first episode of the second season of The Man in the High Castle... It was incredibly boring and pointless. I had quite liked most of the first season, though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The dh and I are watching S2 of Man in the High Castle.  Not as good as the first and a couple real clunker episodes so far.  I'm still in and am nearly done.

Grand Tour, Netflix's Top Gear reboot.  Generally good but the Namibia episodes were awful.  They ain't no Bolivia, that's for sure.

I watched Goliath.  Starts well but devolves quickly and ends in a way I can only describe as stupid.  Good performances though and I'm not sorry I watched it.

I'm watching Black Mirror but that's a show I watch one then wander away to think for a bit then watch another.

Must get back to Bloodline S2.  I think I'm on E3.

@rosiejaneymary, I'm watching This Is Us too.  I kinda love it but I kinda hate it.  LOL  I'm still watching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed re: Goliath, PRR...mentioned it on the show thread.....it was almost like they realized they only had 2 episodes to finish and said "oh well, fook it...let's do *this*."

until the ending, I really enjoyed it. 

Working through The Americans now (almost done with S2) and I am enjoying it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I LOVE The Americans--almost every facet of that show is stellar. Really looking forward to the next season.

I just finished watching Rectify. A quiet, beautiful, moving, affecting, wonder of a show. It moves slowly, the better to be immersed. Loved it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm finally watching Mad Men. Never saw a single episode until about three weeks ago. I'm up to the third season, and it's certainly good...but in my opinion, nowhere near as good as I was led to believe. A little too much soap opera for my tastes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maron, season 2.

after Bruce's WTF interview I decided to watch the second series. I liked the first one a lot. So far (I'm nit much of a binge watcher so I've only watched two), it's great. Better than the first season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2017 at 3:16 PM, cobalt said:

I'm finally watching Mad Men. Never saw a single episode until about three weeks ago. I'm up to the third season, and it's certainly good...but in my opinion, nowhere near as good as I was led to believe. A little too much soap opera for my tastes.

Thanks for saying this.  I've tried twice to watch this show, got thru S1 and just didn't see it.  Thought I must be crazy since everyone loves it but me.. Styistically it's gorgeous, costumes, set dressing but as a show I just DGAF about anyone.

ETA: I don't get Seinfeld either.  I'm missing a pop culture gene I suppose.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, cobalt said:

I'm finally watching Mad Men. Never saw a single episode until about three weeks ago. I'm up to the third season, and it's certainly good...but in my opinion, nowhere near as good as I was led to believe. A little too much soap opera for my tastes.

That's how I got into this show...binged watched the first 3 seasons.

I'm a huge fan of this show, but it definitely had some less than great moments/episodes etc.  This one would probably fall at the back-end of my top ten series list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/01/2017 at 0:52 AM, PrettyRedRose said:

The dh and I are watching S2 of Man in the High Castle.  Not as good as the first and a couple real clunker episodes so far.  I'm still in and am nearly done.

Grand Tour, Netflix's Top Gear reboot.  Generally good but the Namibia episodes were awful.  They ain't no Bolivia, that's for sure.

I watched Goliath.  Starts well but devolves quickly and ends in a way I can only describe as stupid.  Good performances though and I'm not sorry I watched it.

I'm watching Black Mirror but that's a show I watch one then wander away to think for a bit then watch another.

Must get back to Bloodline S2.  I think I'm on E3.

@rosiejaneymary, I'm watching This Is Us too.  I kinda love it but I kinda hate it.  LOL  I'm still watching.

I've just started watching Bloodline. I quite liked the first episode. Is it consistent throughout the season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...