Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Need to ask you people that watched BB, in real time. How did you stand the drama from week to week? 

We watched all 5 seasons over three weekends, and said to ourselves we would have drove ourselves crazy trying to figure out what's next before the next week would start.

Series- GOAT. 

I binge watched it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Need to ask you people that watched BB, in real time. How did you stand the drama from week to week? 

We watched all 5 seasons over three weekends, and said to ourselves we would have drove ourselves crazy trying to figure out what's next before the next week would start.

Series- GOAT. 

It was tough.  My son and I would watch it together and it would be a sort of "date" on the calendar.  We couldn't wait for each episode.  We'd talk about it during the week, so when Sunday night came, we we're SO READY to see what was coming next!  The biggest problem was waiting between seasons.  Good lord, those were long periods of waiting!  I suppose it would've been great to binge watch the whole thing, but there was something about the "real time" watching that lent a certain... je ne sais quoi to the viewing with my son.  An all-time great, that's for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Pastor Jeff said:

I just started watching "Halt and Catch Fire" last night on Netflix.  Two episodes in and really liking it.  Anyone else watch it?

It improves GREATLY after the first season, so if you are liking it so far, I would say you will definitely like it as it goes on.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2018 at 4:29 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia 

In all honesty, one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.  Never gets old from season to season and there's a lot of 'em.  

Pastor, is this new series you speak of on Netflix action packed?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

In all honesty, one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.  Never gets old from season to season and there's a lot of 'em.  

Pastor, is this new series you speak of on Netflix action packed?  

I'm currently 5 seasons in and I don't think I've laughed harder than at some of the stuff that I've seen in this show. I'm buzzing there's still another 7 seasons to catch up on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kay said:

In all honesty, one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.  Never gets old from season to season and there's a lot of 'em.  

Pastor, is this new series you speak of on Netflix action packed?  

Kay, I wouldn’t say it’s “action packed.” It is, however, pretty interesting. It concerns the beginning of the personal computing age, starting in 1983. I know that might sound like an excellent prescription for insomnia, but it’s more than it sounds. It’s not The Wire, The Sopranos, or Breaking Bad, but I’m enjoying it so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2018 at 10:08 PM, Jimmy James said:

Need to ask you people that watched BB, in real time. How did you stand the drama from week to week? 

We watched all 5 seasons over three weekends, and said to ourselves we would have drove ourselves crazy trying to figure out what's next before the next week would start.

Series- GOAT. 

I did the same as Paolo, came in late around late S4 so I was able to binge the first seasons.  Then I came over here and our marvelous BB thread was running.  Instead of being a chore to wait week to week it was a wonderful chance to watch and speculate with friends, a rare experience these days in television.  The only other series that has that kind of collective participation in real time is GoT.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Started watching Waco last night about the David Koresh incident.  Seems like it will be pretty good.  Packed cast - Michael Shannon, Taylor Kitsch, Shea Whigham, Paul Sparks (Thomas from House of Cards, and Mickey Doyle from Boardwalk Empire), Julia Garner (Kimmie from The Americans, Ruth from Ozark) and many other recognizable faces from peak TV.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PrettyRedRose said:

I did the same as Paolo, came in late around late S4 so I was able to binge the first seasons.  Then I came over here and our marvelous BB thread was running.  Instead of being a chore to wait week to week it was a wonderful chance to watch and speculate with friends, a rare experience these days in television.  The only other series that has that kind of collective participation in real time is GoT.

Agree about GoT. We came in late to that just like you did with BB. So we are caught up and waiting for the new season, sound like 4/19 now. So we may have to back and replay that last season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Agree about GoT. We came in late to that just like you did with BB. So we are caught up and waiting for the new season, sound like 4/19 now. So we may have to back and replay that last season.

If you're ever bored and need something to read, here's the BB thread.  One of my favorite moments on it is when @Power13's cable box quits the day of the series finale.  :lol:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, PrettyRedRose said:

If you're ever bored and need something to read, here's the BB thread.  One of my favorite moments on it is when @Power13's cable box quits the day of the series finale.  :lol:

 

An all-time, schitt-your-pants, freak-out panic moment..... B) 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started watching "Altered Carbon" last night. 

Not bad.  Not great but not bad.  Visually very striking and the occasional Tarintinoesque action scene thrown in (helps to suspend your disbelief here and just go with it). Kind of a mashup of Blade Runner and cyberpunk titles with a dash of details lifted from Dune. They have something to teach the people doing GoT about how to handle nudity.

So far a solid series worth the time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1-2-2018 at 11:46 PM, Kay said:

In all honesty, one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.  Never gets old from season to season and there's a lot of 'em.  

Pastor, is this new series you speak of on Netflix action packed?  

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at something on tv as when Mac and Charlie started staring at each other in that restaurant. Charlie's face, good lord. Also Charlie's singing is ace every time, Dayman is a classic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...