Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?

Magnifying glass at the ready. Thank you - but I've just fallen over The Kominski Method … and am loving it! Haven't seen Alan Arkin in years - he was in a film that had a nun in it - I think - many moons ago … and I fell hook, line and sinker for him. This is just up my street!?

I just spent all afternoon watching all the episodes - loved it! Great stuff! Now to see if there's to be another series. Hope so.

• Like 1

I wondered what to watch this afternoon and decided to watch part of a box set of The Waltons.

I'm like a limp rag and need a couple of paracetamols for a headache. The kids used to laugh at me when I watched this at home - never failed to end up in tears.

I still love Mr Walton - almost as much as I love Bert from MP.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Rizla said:

I'm just catching up with Fargo.  Loving it!  On to series 3 now.

I loved series 1 and 2!  Series 3 was not quite up to the standard of the previous two, but it was still better than A LOT of other TV...

13 hours ago, Pastor Jeff said:

I loved series 1 and 2!  Series 3 was not quite up to the standard of the previous two, but it was still better than A LOT of other TV...

I'm nearly halfway through, and there's a lot to like.  Glad they're going to do another one.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 4:27 PM, Troublette said:

Just finished the second season of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel. The costumes are incredible but some of the story lines are a little odd and don't flow, especially Abe's, but Tony Shalhoub is great. The kids seem to disappear at times also.

Finished season one yesterday...this is a really good show. I'm waiting for Don Draper to show up at the Gaslight....lol.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

A two parter filmed over a few years, watched the second part last night : - The Parkinson’s Drug Trial: A Miracle Cure?

It was on BBC2 TV, and quite simply the best thing by far I have seen on TV this year, you will smile. laugh, cry and be amazed in equal measure, both episodes are being shown again back to back at around 11pm on BBC2 TV tomorrow night, catch it if you can.

image.png

I watched the first episode of After Life the other night - been binge-watching the others tonight.

Tremendous! Hats off to everyone involved - each played their parts magnificently.

5 hours ago, Eileen said:

I watched the first episode of After Life the other night - been binge-watching the others tonight.

Tremendous! Hats off to everyone involved - each played their parts magnificently.

everyone is saying how good that is 

ill put it on my list and come back to it in a few months