Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone have a tv show called missing persons ?

just it looks to me like its a Warner Bro's syndicated kind of thing with a big budget. its been going here quite a few years

its very professional and sensitively presented 

anyway its a real fucking tear jerker 

my favourite reconnections are always the Msori and Polynesian families because it doesn't matter how or why they always welcome long lost brothers and sisters into the fold (no matter how white they might look :lol:).no blame just another cousie to love

but some of the white families stories dont end so nice

last week a lady waa reunited with her Scotish father in Glasgow and he was a biligant bastard who wouldn't meet his daughter and accused her of wanting his money

a few weeks latter the police called her because someone found the photo album she had given her father out on the road in the rain

anyway this program always requires a box of tissues

Freakin' LillyHammer and it's so damned good.  Can't get over how funny it is, silly and quirky funny and Stevie is more than watchable in this.

I had no expectations of this show but I love it, some missteps aside.  

Steve even has writing credits for the show, good for him. 

I tried that on the weekend but don't know if I was too stoned coz it was too scary for me - didn't even get through the whole first episode but I felt terrified already for some reason.  Reviews ain't that great either, but you're enjoying? 

Wanted to watch for Uma, but don't think my sensitive self can take it.

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I tried that on the weekend but don't know if I was too stoned coz it was too scary for me - didn't even get through the whole first episode but I felt terrified already for some reason.  Reviews ain't that great either, but you're enjoying? 

Wanted to watch for Uma, but don't think my sensitive self can take it.

Yeah I saw that some of the reviews aren't great, but so far I'm really liking it.  IMDB has mostly good reviews though.  Let me know if you decide to try it again and what you think of it.

Starting on season 3 of Versailles.  Season 1 started off slow, enjoyed season 2 much more.  The series ended at season 3.

Have also been watching Lucifer.  It's a fun show, some episodes are better written than others.  Features welsh actor Tom Ellis and Lauren German as Chloe.  It was originally a Fox show but it got picked up by Netflix.  Season 4 starts May 8.

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I really wanna see that.  Don't have the channel for it, so will have to wait but it looks great.  

Noticed the actress, Jody Komer (sp?) has a Bruce quote on her website.  

She is superb in this.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the creator of that and of the perfect Fleabag, is a genius.

23 hours ago, Tom-Joad said:

She is superb in this.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the creator of that and of the perfect Fleabag, is a genius.

How is Fleabag?  Saw that on Amazon I think last night for the first time and thought about checking it out.  

Seemed as it's a comedy with a couple of seasons but didn't read the premise so really no idea. 

19 minutes ago, Kay said:

How is Fleabag?  Saw that on Amazon I think last night for the first time and thought about checking it out.  

Seemed as it's a comedy with a couple of seasons but didn't read the premise so really no idea. 

My favourite series in a long time. No need to read the premise. Just dive right in.

I've just inadvertently got a free trial of Amazon Prime.  So I can dip into some new things.

Is Outlander any good?  I watched the first episode, but it's going to be a big investment of time with over 50 episodes so far.  Not sure it's for me.  Does it stay in the 18th century or does it flip back and forth?

thank goodness this week on lost and found the long lost English dad was overjoyed to have another daughter and the NZ daughter was so happy because she had set self up for rejection

and an Aussie sister welcomed a 78 year old brother and gifted him a family

On 4/30/2019 at 11:03 AM, BrilliantDisguise said:

Yeah I saw that some of the reviews aren't great, but so far I'm really liking it.  IMDB has mostly good reviews though.  Let me know if you decide to try it again and what you think of it.

I went back due to orders from my girlfriend at work, it's really not scary at all so not sure what kind of mood I was in when I initially watched.  Some parts ain't easy on the peeps tho.  I do like it, it's gotten real good.  

• Like 1

I’ve been doing some time traveling, so to speak… I am currently watching Jonathan Creek from the first to last episode, while at the same time watching QI from the start to present day. Some episodes of QI are genuinely laugh out loud funny.

I’m watching Alan Davies alternately get younger and older and have longer and longer hair…

Quite impressive that he has been on QI for 16  years or so and played Creek for 19 years. Pretty amazing.

jonathan creek.jpg

1556d46c25e3ca64cd078151e136588a4d1c6aeb.jpg

On 5/1/2019 at 4:34 PM, Tom-Joad said:

She is superb in this.

JOdy Comer did not impress me initially , Sandra Oh on the other hand , first impressions superb - the scene of her waking up screaming, but as the series has progressed I have found Jody Comer to be far more likeable than the little bit smug Sandra Oh. Funny how opinions can change.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 1:23 PM, Rizla said:

I've just inadvertently got a free trial of Amazon Prime.  So I can dip into some new things.

Is Outlander any good?  I watched the first episode, but it's going to be a big investment of time with over 50 episodes so far.  Not sure it's for me.  Does it stay in the 18th century or does it flip back and forth?

not sure about that have just got my second free trial and watched last series of Boscht as good as the earlier seasons but would recommend earlier seasons, now filling in with Chicago pd simple short but ok. there is such a dearth of good tv on standard channels nowadays

I always get confused between this thread and the Netflix one they seem to be discussing the same shows... I keep thinking hey didn't someone already mention that like Dead to Me is on both threads right now

PSA over....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1