Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?

28 minutes ago, AMIW said:

I always get confused between this thread and the Netflix one they seem to be discussing the same shows... I keep thinking hey didn't someone already mention that like Dead to Me is on both threads right now

PSA over....

I'm never sure which thread to use either.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 3:23 PM, Kay said:

I really wanna see that.  Don't have the channel for it, so will have to wait but it looks great.  

Noticed the actress, Jody Komer (sp?) has a Bruce quote on her website.  

She talks about Bruce here, at 3:55. 

Starting Tales of The City tonight, pumped for this baby.  

Can't remember if I mentioned it on this thread already but finished season 2 of Bad Blood last night.  Tremendous show, highly recommend it.

Lots of action, lots of betrayal, and lots of violence, but a great story to go with it. 

On 6/17/2019 at 4:05 AM, PoetDownHere said:

yeah i feel like i need to watch bad blood. i love a lot of the actors on it.

You must poet, you simply must. Such a kick ass show, not usual for me to love mob stories so much.  

Tales of the City has so bored me, my workmate keeps telling me it gets much better but life is too short for me to wait...so freaking slow.

Marilla, that show interested me too, but when it's a foreign show I can't get used to the dubbing of the words.  

On 5/26/2019 at 7:16 AM, BrilliantDisguise said:

I'm never sure which thread to use either.

in light of this confusion ill ask over here as well

anyone watching Toast ?

after watching Doc Martin on and off over the years i gobbled up all netflex had to offer and watched the whole thing bur it ground to a halt with a series to go which screened here last year when i was boarding away from home for work

anyway now TVNZ are repeating last year but it screens at 11 pm but i just sleep in tomorrow

On 6/19/2019 at 4:05 AM, Marilla Gorilla said:

I do not speak Spanish but I love the Spanish programmes on Netflix. I have just started this one and it doesn't disappoint. 

high-seas-season-2-netflix.jpg

you know i think fabulous 

this is what i love about Netflex

all the foreign stuff

i do hope you enjoy it

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 2:32 PM, Kay said:

You must poet, you simply must. Such a kick ass show, not usual for me to love mob stories so much.  

Tales of the City has so bored me, my workmate keeps telling me it gets much better but life is too short for me to wait...so freaking slow.

Marilla, that show interested me too, but when it's a foreign show I can't get used to the dubbing of the words.  

I only watch with subtitles as I hate dubbing too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 5:15 PM, Marilla Gorilla said:

She talks about Bruce here, at 3:55. 

I am losing this show on season2, up to episode 5 and it seems to be unravelling,,,,, is this an example of where this desperation to make another season is underminiing the original excellent story line. I mean where is it going???

11 hours ago, Thunder Roadie said:

I am losing this show on season2, up to episode 5 and it seems to be unravelling,,,,, is this an example of where this desperation to make another season is underminiing the original excellent story line. I mean where is it going???

I was looking for somewhere to write something very similar. I sat there, on Saturday, wondering why I would sit and watch this overblown tripe just to see how terribly she could kill somebody. I don't think I can convince myself that it's worth being annoyed by the other lead character always over-acting and messing with her hair.

Same with the Handmaid's Tale - quit staring into the camera, June! Another case of just bringing something back for the hell of it.

Pfffft! :D I need some food ...

• Haha 1

Oh dear, I've only watched the first episode of S2 of Killing Eve as I've had to prioritise some other things that were about to disappear.  I did enjoy the first series and would have been quite happy if the story had been wrapped up and concluded there, so I was a bit dubious about it continuing.

Handmaid's Tale is getting tired too.  Haven't watched the latest episode, but last week's was tedious and nothing happened.

I have been busy watching Chernobyl, which is gripping, and I'm watching it again right away.  Something I rarely do. 

• Like 1

Started watching 'In the Dark' last night on Netflix.  I didn't realize it was a CW show until just now, which I'm glad because if I knew I probably would have passed on it.  Definitely not your normal CW fare.  It's about a blind woman named Murphy (her dog's name is Pretzel!) who tries to solve her young friend's possible murder.

On 7/9/2019 at 12:45 PM, BrilliantDisguise said:

Started watching 'In the Dark' last night on Netflix.  I didn't realize it was a CW show until just now, which I'm glad because if I knew I probably would have passed on it.  Definitely not your normal CW fare.  It's about a blind woman named Murphy (her dog's name is Pretzel!) who tries to solve her young friend's possible murder.

Bumping this just to say what a great show this is!  The lead character is a hard drinking, chain smoking, wise ass, tough chick.  The entire cast is great.  Ben Stiller is an executive producer.  Really, I highly recommend this.  Bring on Season 2!

I must have glossed over this on Netflix looking for stuff to watch.  I know I read the synopsis, either I thought it was a foreign show thereby audiodubbed or something that wouldn't turn my crank. But I love Ben Stiller, so how do you go wrong with that.  

What is a CW show?

4 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I must have glossed over this on Netflix looking for stuff to watch.  I know I read the synopsis, either I thought it was a foreign show thereby audiodubbed or something that wouldn't turn my crank. But I love Ben Stiller, so how do you go wrong with that.  

What is a CW show?

Oh sorry.  It's the CW Network.  To me CWN is normally a lot of teenage angst shows.  But this one is so different.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

I've been really enjoying S2 of Killing Eve. Not as good as S1 and not nearly as good as the perfect Fleabag, but still really good.

I'm also really looking forward to the new season of Bojack Horseman which is so exceptionally good, it's hard to believe it's animated. It's just relentlessly dark and disturbing.