What series are you watching?

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've posted about it over on the Netflix thread, but I wanted to recommend it here. Wentworth. Australian drama series about a women's prison where the staff is as criminal as the inmates. It's j

If you're ever bored and need something to read, here's the BB thread.  One of my favorite moments on it is when @Power13's cable box quits the day of the series finale.    

Just finished watching this, really enjoyed it, great performances from the two leads.

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Eileen said:

The Luminaries starts tonight. All about early New Zealand - @Daisey Jeep - have you heard of it?

Actually its on tv right this minute but its on the other channel:lol:

I watched the first epodode but its ...

1. Too dark as in the lighting and alot of the story seems to be at night

2. Too  dark as in spooky - its dark outside

3. Too much mud -:lol: soooo much mud in early NZ :(

I thought about picking it up again because some of it is set in Dunedin but the review i read took exception to not getting the Dunedin geography right and i would become fixated on that:angry::D

For your info just to remind you when your watching Port Chalmers is the port of Dunedin - on the roaring 40s, my Dad's family is from Port

and Dunedin's gold built Auckland ! 

We (my family) predate this tv series by quite a few decades and a couple of generations to boot

Anyway I beleave its a NZ and UK collaboration which is nice 

Enjoy :)

20200621_204923.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone watching the series of shorts with David Tennant and Michael Sheen "Staged"?

Very, very funny. I always like seeing "big stars" not taking themselves too seriously.

0_Staged.jpg

• Like 1

I've just finished watching the 4th/last in the series of A House Through Time. Bristol. Marvellous viewing.

• Like 1

Master cheif Australia first episode tonight of the new season

We as usual are weeks and months behind Australia and i have no idea if  lockdown had any effect on filming

Last year master chef Oz did a top gear and imploded aka Jeremy Clarkson 

So this season they are doing like a best of compition with past top 5 contestants

Im hoping moving forward it keeps the spirit of the old format

Zero bitchiness and still friendly despite competitiveness and judges who teach and encorge rather than growl and humiliate

This first week's mentor is Gordon Ramsey - always on his best behaviour when on Auatralia mastercheif

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

Anyone watching Talking Heads? 

I am. Loved the originals and these ones look entertaining, too. I kept hearing the  original voice coming through on the first one but hadn't remembered how it ended. The 'new' one was interesting, too.

I bought a few of his books back in the day - really enjoyed them. Wasn't keen on the film about the van but it read well.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just caught up with Miss Fozzard Finds Her Feet ... Talking Heads. By heck that was sooooo good - best one imho.

Started watching The Blacklist. James Spader is the whole show but he is superb in this character.

• Like 1

I'm watching The Tunnel from a few years back. 
Stephen Dillane and Clemence Poesy in the English/French version of The Bridge.  Tis good.

I loved The Luminaries - finished last night. However, until I read a review just now, I didn't know the name of the leading actress ... Eve Hewson ... and that she's Bono's daughter. Well I never!

19 hours ago, The Chicken Man said:

Mrs America..enjoyed

I lasted 5 minutes. Not for me but glad it's been liked by some.

Anybody else been watching Staged? It's on for 15 mins after The Secrets She Keeps (also watching that one). It's great!

8 hours ago, Eileen said:

Anybody else been watching Staged? It's on for 15 mins after The Secrets She Keeps (also watching that one). It's great!

Haven't watched Staged but watched all of The Secrets She Keeps which gave me the creeps.

On 7/18/2020 at 6:31 PM, Rizla said:

I'm watching The Tunnel from a few years back. 
Stephen Dillane and Clemence Poesy in the English/French version of The Bridge.  Tis good.

Binge watched that a wee while ago, very good.

On 7/18/2020 at 6:31 PM, Rizla said:

Clemence Poesy 

:wub:

• Like 1

I see "Prodigal Son" is finally making it to the UK.

Saw clips of it during NFL watching last season and was wondering when it'd arrive here.

3TH9UGisR3Xa_pE1VJM6RUvYfbbBlkk31sgvlwOU

On 7/21/2020 at 9:56 AM, Eileen said:

Really enjoyed Staged, I thought it got better as it moved along and the cameos were great, especially in the final episode.  Haven't watched The Secrets She Keeps yet, but a friend has highly recommended it, so I might give it a go.

• Like 1
On 7/20/2020 at 2:42 PM, The Chicken Man said:

Mrs America..enjoyed

Yes, enjoying this. Feel I need to get my women's lib badges out of retirement, especially as Mr J finds himself sometimes siding with the other side!

On 7/12/2020 at 10:50 AM, Eileen said:

I've just caught up with Miss Fozzard Finds Her Feet ... Talking Heads. By heck that was sooooo good - best one imho.

That's the only one we have left to watch I think. They have all been very good, if a little dark. Superbacting throughout.

• Like 1