Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?

2 hours ago, Rizla said:

Did you watch the sequels?  I've only done the first series for now.

Yeah, did two and three also.

It was a while ago but I recall them both being good.

I seem to recall two centres round a plane coming down in the Channel and three has a plot line relating to refugees or people trafficking.

But don't quote me on that.......

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

French TV series (subtitled) 1-4 on Amazon Prime. Now waiting on Series 5. Best Spy/intelligence services series I've ever seen. Locations include France, Syria, Iran, Iraq and Russia. Great cast/acting performances and the cyber techniques are amazing.

20200117-142122-TheBureau-T5_89270.jpg&f

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

French TV series (subtitled) 1-4 on Amazon Prime. Now waiting on Series 5. Best Spy/intelligence services series I've ever seen. Locations include France, Syria, Iran, Iraq and Russia. Great cast/acting performances and the cyber techniques are amazing.

20200117-142122-TheBureau-T5_89270.jpg&f

Agree with that. Excellent series.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:42 PM, Judgeb said:

I just started watching the series Yellowstone. I was never a Kevin Costner fan, but I like him in this. 

CD6BEBFB-EA6B-499C-B226-E23886E178AA.jpeg

That looks right up my ally but i don't have Amazon prime

19 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

That looks right up my ally but i don't have Amazon prime

It is not on amazon or Netflix daisey but one of the 3 new services that have started in recent months.. in this case peacock the nbc service

Watching Line Of Duty again. I missed the first two series then got hooked - bought the first two because I knew I'd missed some important stuff. Then I had to watch the rest again ... and here I am once more.

The writer was on Radio 2 this morning - they've almost got Series 6 in the can - that's what they say, isn't it? It'll be shown next year.

And I agreed with what the writer and the 'guest main actor' said about the main bloke this series. He's not, or wasn't, a bent cop - just did things differently. I always thought they were going after him when there'd have been lots worse to chase after ... then fate and some really crooked folk took a hand.

No spoilers. If you've never seen it, start at the beginning.

Once Upon A Time In Iraq.......best thing on tv over the last month, very sad, been on for the last four weeks and episode five, the final one, was on last night (have not watched it yet), it really tells the story of how the locals viewed the war and America, then and now, and how the veterans viewed the war, then and now, terrific stuff and some very brave people on both sides, well worth a watch.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 9:22 AM, Eileen said:

Watching Line Of Duty again. I missed the first two series then got hooked - bought the first two because I knew I'd missed some important stuff. Then I had to watch the rest again ... and here I am once more.

The writer was on Radio 2 this morning - they've almost got Series 6 in the can - that's what they say, isn't it? It'll be shown next year.

And I agreed with what the writer and the 'guest main actor' said about the main bloke this series. He's not, or wasn't, a bent cop - just did things differently. I always thought they were going after him when there'd have been lots worse to chase after ... then fate and some really crooked folk took a hand.

No spoilers. If you've never seen it, start at the beginning.

worrying thing for me dont think its that long since they were on binge rewatching and only remember snippets brilliant

16 minutes ago, Rizla said:

The Fall with Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan.   Brilliant, tense stuff.
As mentioned in the Netflix recommendations thread. 

I recall a few years ago, when "50 shades of gray" was everywhere, they'd announced the movie was getting made.

Anyway, I read about a conversation (possibly apocryphal) that went -

"They're making a movie of 50 shades"

"Who's playing the lead?"

"The guy from "The Fall""

"Mark E. Smith???????????"

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I recall a few years ago, when "50 shades of gray" was everywhere, they'd announced the movie was getting made.Anyway, I read about a conversation (possibly apocryphal) that went -
"They're making a movie of 50 shades"
"Who's playing the lead?"
"The guy from "The Fall""
"Mark E. Smith???????????"

I might have paid to watch that :lol:

But I may as well say here that Jamie Dornan does nothing for me. 

I was reading an old discussion thread about The Fall and couldn't believe how many people were drooling over him.  I dislike beards, and I couldn't find many pics of him clean-shaven but when I did I saw a very ordinary looking bloke who I wouldn't have looked twice at in the street.  The feature that most strikes me is his eyes, and not in a good way.  Hard, like pebbles, with his brow quite low over them.  He made a very good serial killer :D and he played a blinder in The Fall.  But I find him really unattractive.

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Very much looking forward to seeing her as Margaret Thatcher! 
In the meantime, she's hilarious in Sex Education:lol:

This discussion was had elsewhere I recall.

That could seriously mess me up .........:wacko: