Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're ever bored and need something to read, here's the BB thread.  One of my favorite moments on it is when @Power13's cable box quits the day of the series finale.    

I've posted about it over on the Netflix thread, but I wanted to recommend it here. Wentworth. Australian drama series about a women's prison where the staff is as criminal as the inmates. It's j

This show brings many smiles to my face.

Posted Images

I’m absolutely hooked on Danish TV drama. Haven’t seen one that I haven’t thoroughly enjoyed - The Killing, The Bridge,  Borgen, Riders Upon The Storm, (courtesy of Whispered Secret), and now Rita. Not sure if this is just the best of them or all Danish TV is this good.

Any more recommendations gratefully received.

• Like 1
On 8/29/2020 at 4:11 AM, Brown Eyed Boy said:

I’m absolutely hooked on Danish TV drama. Haven’t seen one that I haven’t thoroughly enjoyed - The Killing, The Bridge,  Borgen, Riders Upon The Storm, (courtesy of Whispered Secret), and now Rita. Not sure if this is just the best of them or all Danish TV is this good.

Any more recommendations gratefully received.

Ive found if you watch one foreign language movie/tv series on netflex you are inundated with options from that country/ culture

I watched a couple of Indian movies and a Korean thing that were really good but now im drowning in K pop and bollywood

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 1:31 PM, Rizla said:

I'm watching The Tunnel from a few years back. 
Stephen Dillane and Clemence Poesy in the English/French version of The Bridge.  Tis good.

Just finished Season 1. Good. But creepy.

'Us' started last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it - looking forward to the 2nd episode.

'Ghosts' returns tonight ... things are picking up telly-wise.

I was so intent on not missing Ghosts last week that I forgot to watch Gone Fishing.

I've just watched the last episode ... laughter, tears ... marvellous!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kate said I should watch The Haunting of Bly Manor - watched it over 2 days ... really enjoyed it!

I've now noticed that the bloke who made this also made Hill House ... I'll be watching this one later today and over the weekend. (Probably through my fingers)

• Like 1

Finished The Haunting Of Hill House.  I almost stopped watching it after the first couple of episodes ... then it began to get interesting instead of a bit daft.

I loved it!

• Like 2
On 10/26/2020 at 11:14 AM, BrilliantDisguise said:

Watched the first episode last night.  Really good!

image.png.bfe10215d6e2f367555c2f1329667bcc.png

On 10/30/2020 at 2:47 PM, Brown Eyed Boy said:

Agreed, thought it was excellent. 

Episode 2...another excellent one!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Eileen said:

Finished The Haunting Of Hill House.  I almost stopped watching it after the first couple of episodes ... then it began to get interesting instead of a bit daft.

I loved it!

Thats exactly how i found it

I had actually given up on it but it was on the continue to watch for Nicola list and then i really enjoyed it

• Like 1
On 10/4/2020 at 10:46 PM, Eileen said:

I was so intent on not missing Ghosts last week that I forgot to watch Gone Fishing.

I've just watched the last episode ... laughter, tears ... marvellous!

Im looking forward to Ghosts series 2 when ever we get it

They are repeating the first series at 10.30 pm

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Im looking forward to Ghosts series 2 when ever we get it

They are repeating the first series at 10.30 pm

You'll enjoy the 2nd series - you learn about the individual ghosts ... and keep an eye on the plague ghosts downstairs. See if any seem familiar.

• Thanks 1
On 10/30/2020 at 9:29 AM, Eileen said:

Kate said I should watch The Haunting of Bly Manor - watched it over 2 days ... really enjoyed it!

I've now noticed that the bloke who made this also made Hill House ... I'll be watching this one later today and over the weekend. (Probably through my fingers)

Eileen, was Bly Manor very similar to the Hill House series?

3 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Eileen, was Bly Manor very similar to the Hill House series?

Scary house, scary goings-on ... lots of the same cast. Same sort of thing, kind of, but different. Hahaha! Both very good ... Hill House takes longer to 'get into' but once you get to know who's who then it's good stuff. Don't give up after the kittens - it improves drastically. That's the HH one.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Scary house, scary goings-on ... lots of the same cast. Same sort of thing, kind of, but different. Hahaha! Both very good ... Hill House takes longer to 'get into' but once you get to know who's who then it's good stuff. Don't give up after the kittens - it improves drastically. That's the HH one.

Oh, I've already watched Hill House. Just interested to know whether the other one was very similar.

• Like 1