Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?

On 11/3/2020 at 10:41 PM, BrilliantDisguise said:

I know!  We're so spoiled with binge watching now. :D

It is frustrating but there’s something reassuringly old school about having to wait. I’d love to know who you think did it, but I guess we can’t do that without posting spoilers for those who haven’t seen it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

Loved that show, has it aged well?

I only started watching it a few weeks ago,it's on itv4 nearly every day if you have it.I have an affinity to older style of programs and movies but yeah,I think it has.Arthur and Terry are a great combo!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

I only started watching it a few weeks ago,it's on itv4 nearly every day if you have it.I have an affinity to older style of programs and movies but yeah,I think it has.Arthur and Terry are a great combo!

Not sure what age you are, but I’m old enough to remember it first time round!  Glad to hear it’s aged well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

It is frustrating but there’s something reassuringly old school about having to wait. I’d love to know who you think did it, but I guess we can’t do that without posting spoilers for those who haven’t seen it.

What happened to the spoiler tags?!!!

I have a feeling I might know who did it.  I'll send you a PM.

On 1/21/2020 at 2:22 PM, janeymarywendy said:

We've watched the first two episodes of the documentary on Jack The Ripper (Peter Sutcliffe).  I cannot, for the life of me, believe how dated everything appears from the late 70s - early 80s.  Doesn't seem that long ago to me, yet it all looks ancient.  Amazing how the bloke who sent the tape and letters to George Oldfield threw everyone off the scent of the real murderer for a while and it seems that no one wanted to stand up and say this 'Wearside Jack'  may NOT be the person we're looking for. It's horrible, but fascinating as I remember it very well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54874713

8422821f6d71ad6deecfb7b66dd7ab13.gif

• Like 2

Medici on Netflix.

Nearly finished, 2 episodes to go.  I've really enjoyed this, compelling storylines (probably not 100% historically accurate, but hey) wonderful scenery and costumes, great performances.

First season, Medici Masters of Florence, centres on Cosimo de Medici, then S2 and S3 Medici The Magnificent feature his grandson Lorenzo.  I struggled a bit at the beginning because there are quite a few 20-year flashbacks and as everybody looks pretty much the same :rolleyes: I found it confusing.  As with many shows these day, nobody seems to age at all*.  Well worth sticking with though.  I wonder if they'll make any more.

*Except the really hot young Pope in S2 turned into John Lynch in S3 :blink: :o :(

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 4:46 AM, janeymarywendy said:

Oh, I've already watched Hill House. Just interested to know whether the other one was very similar.

I realize my recommendations are now somewhat questionable :D

It was kind of similar but different 

It didn't feel like reworking old themes or anything 

You watched our house yet ?

.....no pressure

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I realize my recommendations are now somewhat questionable :D

It was kind of similar but different 

It didn't feel like reworking old themes or anything 

You watched our house yet ?

.....no pressure

No, not yet. I'm watching Making A Murderer (on series 2 now).

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Making A Murderer is on Netflix, by the way.

so long as its not start or too violent 

its 9.30 pm and Gary has just gone to bed

but im sleeping baddly again, worried about those awful dogs that killed the kitten 

On 10/26/2020 at 3:14 PM, BrilliantDisguise said:

Watched the first episode last night.  Really good!

image.png.bfe10215d6e2f367555c2f1329667bcc.png

We're up to Episode 4.  Watching it on NOW TV.  Really enjoying it, although I don't think Hugh Grant is a good actor.  Nicole Kidman is great. I have my suspicions about whodunnit, but mr jmw thinks differently.  I love all the views of New York.

I've never done so much binge watching in my life! I blame the lockdown.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

We're up to Episode 4.  Watching it on NOW TV.  Really enjoying it, although I don't think Hugh Grant is a good actor.  Nicole Kidman is great. I have my suspicions about whodunnit, but mr jmw thinks differently.  I love all the views of New York.

I have my suspicions on who did it too, so does @Brown Eyed Boy, but there aren't any spoiler tags anymore so now we can't all discuss it without giving it away.  Although I do have to say I have gone back and forth on a few different people.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

image.png.e972b07357ec1c5187557df5dbe35522.png

A few 'non-believable' moments and subtitled, but it's one of those Danish series that they do so well.  Charlotte Rampling appears in it too. I guessed who one of the main baddies was in the first episode :ph34r:

must have a look at that i do love a good scandi, still ploughing through Homeland at minute mind cant leave it alone now

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I have my suspicions on who did it too, so does @Brown Eyed Boy, but there aren't any spoiler tags anymore so now we can't all discuss it without giving it away.  Although I do have to say I have gone back and forth on a few different people.

When it's over I'll let you know if I was right or wrong and I promise to be truthful! Going to watch more tonight.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

image.png.e972b07357ec1c5187557df5dbe35522.png

A few 'non-believable' moments and subtitled, but it's one of those Danish series that they do so well.  Charlotte Rampling appears in it too. I guessed who one of the main baddies was in the first episode :ph34r:

We watched this. Our first ever Scandi noir

• Like 1

13 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Agree with you about both Grant and Kidman. I thought Donald Sutherland was excellent this week.

• Like 1