What series are you watching?

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Series 4 finished.  So, so good.

If you're ever bored and need something to read, here's the BB thread.  One of my favorite moments on it is when @Power13's cable box quits the day of the series finale.    

I've posted about it over on the Netflix thread, but I wanted to recommend it here. Wentworth. Australian drama series about a women's prison where the staff is as criminal as the inmates. It's j

Posted Images

19 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

I don't think Hugh Grant is a good actor.  Nicole Kidman is great.

I never thought much of Hugh Grant's range, but 'A Very English Scandal' was an eyeopener.  He was excellent in that.

I'm not a fan of Kidman.

4 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

On a similar wavelength to you ... The Sopranos. On Series 1 episode 5 now. Really enjoying it. 

This won't make sense for a few seasons, but imagine this line as if Bruce were singing it in Murder, Inc

Ralphie's got a cheese grater he keeps beneath his pillow

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

On a similar wavelength to you ... The Sopranos. On Series 1 episode 5 now. Really enjoying it. 

I've toyed with giving that one a go. Is it like a Mafia thing ... folk killing each other ... and a not very nice bloke in charge of them all? If so, I'll continue avoiding it. :)

PS Doesn't matter who else is in it.

2 hours ago, Eileen said:

I've toyed with giving that one a go. Is it like a Mafia thing ... folk killing each other ... and a not very nice bloke in charge of them all? If so, I'll continue avoiding it. :)

Yes and yes :D

• Haha 1

I've got two on the go ... Designated Survivor and Homeland. I have to suspend belief a lot of the time but I'm thoroughly enjoying both. Jolly good entertainment!

These seem to go on forever but Kate reckons I should watch 24 next - actually, she said I should have watched 24 before DS.

Finding out how to watch things on telly via the laptop has been so rewarding. Mind you, cleaning the house has been put on the back burner.

On 11/20/2020 at 2:10 AM, Flea said:

Band Of Brothers

I've never watched it.  Shame on me.

I rewatch that every year or so, one of the best series ever made.

Have you seen The Pacific? It's darker and not as good but still worth watching. 

Next year (I think) they're gonna start filming a third one called Masters of the Air.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:27 AM, Eileen said:

I think you should give it a try, it's fantastic!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Perisic said:

I think you should give it a try, it's fantastic!

I might but I've got to get on with Designated Survivor first. Just finished the first season - great (ridiculous) stuff! I'm hoping that somebody isn't actually dead but it's not looking hopeful unless he's been unconscious for the past year.

Mind you ... that's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Took a break inbetween Westworld seasons to watch Cowboy Bebop. I watched it once years back and it never clicked with me, but now armed with far more knowledge of the westerns and classic adventure serials it homages I'm absolutely loving it. Taking things slow instead of binging like I normally would just because I don't wanna reach the ending. Also the English dub audio is just so much better then the original, the voice actors are all so fun and charismatic.

Watched Chernobyl for the first time too, finally got a Neon account which is a local streaming service with all the HBO shows. One of the best shows I've seen in years, it's smart and thought provoking but not at the expense of being an entertaining watch. If I say anymore about it I'll end up writing a full on essay so I'll leave it at that, highly recommend.

• Like 1

on CNBC, Empires of New York

4 episodes, NYC of thew 80s told thru 5 main characters - Trump, Giuliani, Ivan Boesky, John Gotti, Leona Helmsley

If you were in NYC during that era you'll recognize the events and the people. If you weren't, this decade certainly built the foundation for both Trump and Giuliani - the other 3 are all gone now, with little lasting impact aside from the stories of their rise and fall.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 12:16 AM, Flea said:

This won't make sense for a few seasons, but imagine this line as if Bruce were singing it in Murder, Inc

Ralphie's got a cheese grater he keeps beneath his pillow

image.thumb.png.3bd55831aac12e73c7758c0885af83ee.png

First series done! Only about another 7 to go :o.  I agree with everyone who has ever said that James Gandolfini is fantastic in this.

• Like 1