Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?

Oh my! I clicked on a few things, arrows going downward etc ... and found it!

I often have 2 or 3 books on the go (takes a few minutes to shake one story off) so I'll be watching Homeland and Spiral together (sort of).

I can't believe it took me til now to realise I can now see what happens or happened (for sure) to you know who! Yipppeee!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevie54uk said:

in what way? it will be missed,  at least Line of Duty is back for series 6 on the 21st

I'm almost up to the last series of Spiral. I doubt Line Of Duty will be anywhere near as good - but still looking forward to it.

I'll send a pm about Homeland - don't want to scupper it for anyone else.

• Like 1

Watched 'Behind Her Eyes' on Netflix.  I enjoyed it, but can't say too much about it as it took an unexpected turn which led to a very surprising conclusion.  :blink:
One of the leads was Eve Hewson, who is Bono's daughter.  I hadn't seen her before - thought she was excellent in what must have been a very challenging role.

Now started S1 of Unforgotten, which I have never seen.  It's very good.  Fantastic cast of top-class actors, although it's sobering to see how OLD some of them are now :unsure: 
I just don't understand why people rate Nicola Walker though.  She's always the same, at least in everything I've seen her in. 

11 hours ago, Rizla said:

One of the leads was Eve Hewson, who is Bono's daughter.  I hadn't seen her before - thought she was excellent in what must have been a very challenging role.

I just don't understand why people rate Nicola Walker though.  She's always the same, at least in everything I've seen her in. 

I watched Eve in Luminaries - a great little series that was on TV not long ago. I saw this advertised so I'll give it a go. There's one on about Noor, part of SOE during the war ... I doubt it'll cover, exactly, what happened unless they've read Vera Atkins' book.

I agree about Nicola - tried to watch it the other night but couldn't ... same with Last Tango in Halifax. Did like her in Spooks but then that was the first time so her acting was new to me.

Bimey, I never thought I'd be yakking about watching TV - nowt else to do! Hey, in the subtitles on Spiral, Laure said 'nothing' and the subtitle read 'nowt' - must've been a Geordie doing that job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

image.thumb.png.31fc9e95c2f105b34ac10c0c00d8fb4e.png

Finished all 4 series today.  Absolutely brilliant.  Apparently it started on the BBC in 2014 - I had no idea.  Surely Sofia Helin won awards for her role? I loved Kim Bodnia ^^^ up there too - he wasn't in it long enough! But everyone was fantastic.  I urge you to watch it if you like 'dark' drama.  Even the sub-titles didn't bother me.  Saga (Sofia) is so inappropriate in what she says that the sub-titles are sometimes hilarious!

• Like 2

On 3/4/2021 at 12:21 PM, Rizla said:

Behind Her Eyes is only 6 episodes, so I would recommend sticking with it to the end. 

Just finished it. I didn't see that coming. ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

Just finished it. I didn't see that coming. ;)

No!  A lot of people will think it was a load of old tosh , but it made a nice change for me to be surprised :lol:

Spoiler

Now you will understand what I meant about Eve's role being challenging.  She was actually playing two different characters, one of whom was trying to impersonate the other but mostly failing.  Bit of a headfuck :wacko:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This one is primarily meant as a birthday present for Auntie...I have been watching Geordie lad Brian Johnson (AC/DC) who has a series on Sky Arts, Brian Johnson`s A Life On The Road, some I have managed to see so far are Billy Joel,Mick Fleetwood, Paul Rodgers,Robert Plant all excellent but my favourites so far have been Joe Walsh and then Dave Grohl and I was left with a whole new appreciation of Dave.

Now here is the Auntie bit, the last episode I saw was Mark Knofler and I know Auntie would love it, the two Geordies are out and about visiting and talking about places they grew up, which would probably mean much much more to local people than me, but still fascinating, I have not checked but this my also now be available to view on line ?

https://www.sky.com/watch/title/series/ac2f31b1-53b4-4b77-b011-22b2f63744e0/brian-johnsons-a-life-on-the-road/episodes/season-1/episode-1

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I'll take a look later.

As an aside ... I went out on a date with Brian's brother one night in Sunny Morpeth.

We went to a local pub and a band were playing. It was funny to watch them and some of the audience looking over ... my date was the spitting image of his brother.

• Like 3

On 3/6/2021 at 6:07 AM, janeymarywendy said:

image.thumb.png.31fc9e95c2f105b34ac10c0c00d8fb4e.png

Finished all 4 series today.  Absolutely brilliant.  Apparently it started on the BBC in 2014 - I had no idea.  Surely Sofia Helin won awards for her role? I loved Kim Bodnia ^^^ up there too - he wasn't in it long enough! But everyone was fantastic.  I urge you to watch it if you like 'dark' drama.  Even the sub-titles didn't bother me.  Saga (Sofia) is so inappropriate in what she says that the sub-titles are sometimes hilarious!

@CosmicKid sparked my interest 

But i don't enjoy violence?

Especially when its getting darker these days

Is it scary ? Or goory ?

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Is it scary ? Or goory ?

It's gory rather than scary (it's not a horror).  And I don't enjoy violence either so I watched a lot of it through my fingers. But it's riveting.

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Is it scary ? Or goory ?

I'm not one for violence but, while it has its moments, it's worth watching as the acting is first class.

I see Lorraine answered - give it a try, Daisey. There are a few 'surprises' but nothing really horrible.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

It's gory rather than scary (it's not a horror).  And I don't enjoy violence either so I watched a lot of it through my fingers. But it's riveting.

Sounds like Gary would enjoy it

I'll have to check out if its subtitled or has an English option 

I don't  usuallly  like watching foreign language  stuff dubbed into English but Gary can't see the lips move at the moments anyway

I .night be ok with the gor if its from across the room on his pc 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eileen said:

^ I can't get that one - I've tried but is it Sky? Same as the AC/DC one that was mentioned. Neither of them on the 'poor' channels. :D

We have 'Now' channel on our box thingy. It's on there, as a 'sky atlantic' programme.

• Like 1