Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?

6 hours ago, Rizla said:

Gene Hunt and Lindsey Denton, got to be a winner  :lol:

I must admit to forwarding to the 3rd series - going to stop Netflix shortly (I think) so want to know what happens. I may go back and watch the 2nd series if I've time cos I've seen loads of people I know from other things ... a baddie from Line of Duty, the reception lad from Casualty - the fella I've just watched in something else.

They've just got back into the Quattro .... we're off! Where to, I know not.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been told, a few times, that I'd enjoy The Tunnel so I've ordered the first season ... looking forward to getting started on that.

I watch Walter Presents on Ch4 - some of the French ones are very good, busy watching one just now.

Ok then ...

Who is H?

Why such a posh house on witness protection?

Is he Corbett's dad?

Are they pretending that they think they've got H?

Spanish forensics wouldn't be telling porkies ... would they?

7 hours ago, Eileen said:

Ok then ...

Who is H?

Why such a posh house on witness protection?

Is he Corbett's dad?

Are they pretending that they think they've got H?

Spanish forensics wouldn't be telling porkies ... would they?

1. There wasn't an H.  They changed that to four corrupt senior officers, and nailed the last one of them in the final episode.

2. They showed a girlfriend, so maybe it's her house.

3. No.  The dates didn't fit.

4. See 1.

5. No, they traced the IP address back to the UK.  James Nesbitt was a red herring, and a joke between him and Mercurio, apparently.

Anyway - it was all full of holes and has never been as good as it was in the first three series.  A mistake to try and keep the same plot strand going as it resulted in JM making it up as he went along and retconning things that didn't fit (eg the 'H' thing).   A completely new case each season would have worked better, I think.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rizla said:

1. There wasn't an H.  They changed that to four corrupt senior officers, and nailed the last one of them in the final episode

He's not the 4th man - did you not see him almost messing himself in the cell when you-know-what happened?

You saw the 'police' officers leaving Nesbitt's room?

Laptop's almost done - I need to order one today while I'm still online.

On 4/28/2021 at 2:50 PM, janeymarywendy said:

image.png.863cc812d2aa86379c1254a31a76a7dd.png

Documentary on Tina Turner - I can't find the official picture. It's hard to think she's 81 now.  What a life! What a performer! What a gal! I'm pleased she found happiness with her husband, Erwin.

yea watching that in bits, she sure had it tough, and yes one of the great performers

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rizla said:

1. There wasn't an H.  They changed that to four corrupt senior officers, and nailed the last one of them in the final episode.

2. They showed a girlfriend, so maybe it's her house.

3. No.  The dates didn't fit.

4. See 1.

5. No, they traced the IP address back to the UK.  James Nesbitt was a red herring, and a joke between him and Mercurio, apparently.

Anyway - it was all full of holes and has never been as good as it was in the first three series.  A mistake to try and keep the same plot strand going as it resulted in JM making it up as he went along and retconning things that didn't fit (eg the 'H' thing).   A completely new case each season would have worked better, I think.

agree it had bits of great tv but the end was a damp squib I thought, but shows how desperate we are to be entertained. ps couldnt binge it as it was always mentioned on the brilliant Gogglebox

8 hours ago, Eileen said:

He's not the 4th man - did you not see him almost messing himself in the cell when you-know-what happened?

You saw the 'police' officers leaving Nesbitt's room?

Laptop's almost done - I need to order one today while I'm still online.

Like I said, little of it made sense because it wasn't properly plotted from the beginning. 
I didn't enjoy the fourth series much and only stayed with it in the vain hope that it would get back to the standard of 1 - 3.  But sadly it went the other way.  Never as good after it was moved to BBC1.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought The Tunnel - Season 1 - cos folk said it was great and I'd love it. I knew it was going to be similar to The Bridge ... but almost identical? I keep thinking I must have watched The Tunnel but it's cos the same things happened!

I'm on to the last 3 episodes - not sure if I'll get Season 2 ... depends if I can find that one for a couple of quid, too.

Right then ... I'm after a cheap copy of Season 2. :) Even though there were many similarities, there was enough difference to keep me watching - heck they even ended up where some of No.4 Commando trained for Op. Abercrombie!

I like the leads and she's more believable than the lass from The Bridge - at least this one would get a job at the sharp end of the Police. Actually, the bloke's more believable, too.

On 3/4/2021 at 12:21 PM, Rizla said:

Behind Her Eyes is only 6 episodes, so I would recommend sticking with it to the end. 

Well! (I've got my stern face on :angry:!). If someone would like to explain all of that to me? ...

Oh, so that's Bono's daughter? She was good. 

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Well! (I've got my stern face on :angry:!). If someone would like to explain all of that to me? 

It didn't make sense so don't try too hard to work it out. Twist at the end to try ad get you to think there was mebbies a point. Quite watchable though.

2 hours ago, Eileen said:

It didn't make sense so don't try too hard to work it out. Twist at the end to try ad get you to think there was mebbies a point. Quite watchable though.

Yes, it was quite watchable. Would've still made a good yarn without all the supernatural stuff. I just didn't get the ending at all. Did Louise 'become' the other girl or was she her all along? 

20 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Yes, it was quite watchable. Would've still made a good yarn without all the supernatural stuff. I just didn't get the ending at all. Did Louise 'become' the other girl or was she her all along? 

I knew at the time - can't remember now. I think you may have your genders mixed up.

10 hours ago, Eileen said:

I knew at the time - can't remember now. I think you may have your genders mixed up.

I certainly did have the genders mixed up! I've been on a couple of websites this morning (including The Sun.  The SUN!! I'll have to lie down now - shows how desperate I was to find out :lol:). It was all a step too far for me - astral projection and pigeons and colours ... dear, oh dear. It was 'visually pleasing' though. I wish I could have worked in an office as tidy as Louise's and had the amount of work that she seemed to do ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

I certainly did have the genders mixed up! I've been on a couple of websites this morning (including The Sun.  The SUN!! I'll have to lie down now - shows how desperate I was to find out :lol:). It was all a step too far for me - astral projection and pigeons and colours ... dear, oh dear. It was 'visually pleasing' though. I wish I could have worked in an office as tidy as Louise's and had the amount of work that she seemed to do ;)

I'm putting this in spoiler tags in case anyone hasn't seen BHE and plans to watch it.  Don't open if you don't want to know the twist.

Spoiler

Rob (Robert Aramayo) showed Adele (Eve Hewson) how to do astral projection, and they also tried and succeeded swapping bodies while they were doing it.  His personality, spirit, call it what you will, went into her body, and hers into his. Rob had fallen for Adele's boyfriend David (Tom Bateman), so while they were in each other's bodies he killed Adele.  So after that the person who appeared to be Adele was really Rob in her body.   At the end he had pulled the same trick with Louise, so the person who looked like Louise was Rob again.

That's why I thought it was such a challenging role for Eve Hewson.  She wasn't actually playing Adele (except in the early flashbacks).  She was playing a character (Rob) who was pretending to be someone else, but not quite well enough, which is why Adele seemed a bit "off" a lot of the time.  But you don't know this until the end, and I thought Eve did it extremely well.

• Like 1

I've just finished The Killing, season 3. Magnificent! I was wondering what would happen in the closing scenes ... was not expecting that!

How many more fantastic programmes are sitting there, waiting for me to find them?