Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?

8 hours ago, Eileen said:

've just finished The Killing, season 3.

just finishing 1 so a lot to look forward to, remember watching the american version which is pretty good on amazon prime i think

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevie54uk said:

just finishing 1 so a lot to look forward to, remember watching the american version which is pretty good on amazon prime i think

You'll enjoy the rest. Each one is very different. I like how everything doesn't just fall into place where politics is concerned.

Saw one episode of The Pact ... not up my street.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 2:06 AM, janeymarywendy said:

Oh, I have just settled down to watch the Billie Holiday film but it seems we haven't got the movie channel on this 'Now' channel. We probably didn't include it in our package and I'm certainly not going to press any more buttons just in case ... :unsure:

That's here at the movies right now

I wonder if its any good ?

On 4/19/2021 at 12:29 AM, Eileen said:

Life On Mars.

I've got the hang of this lark now.

That was so good ! 

I remenber when it was on the telly 

We both really enjoyed it

And its sequel  (i just forget the song title)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

And its sequel  (i just forget the song title)

Ashes To Ashes. I watched that one first and also loved it.

I'm on to the final 3 episodes of The Tunnel - it's great!

• Like 1

I've just watched all three series of Motherland.  Sitcom about North London parents with primary school kids.  The sort of people who are on Mumsnet (not Netmums) ;)  It's very good, made me LOL a few times.   You don't see much of the children, they are just background, and some of the parents are never seen at all.

Very well-drawn characters.  Cast includes Anna Maxwell Martin and Paul Ready. I am in awe at how versatile these actors are.

All three series are on BBC iplayer (except the Christmas special which I can't find anywhere).  Series 1 and 2 are also on Netflix.  Episodes are standalone, but if you want to give it a go, best to start at the beginning so you see the character development. 

13 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

A few unexpected twists and turns in a very emotional final episode of Mare of Eastown last night. The two leading ladies were superb.

I agree (only just watched the last one tonight). Great series.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished the 3rd and last season of The Tunnel. By crikey, I wasn't expecting that but knew what she'd do.

I've cried my eyes out - loved the ending. Well done!

The Last post

Bingging the whole thing on tvnz on demand

It is the bext thing ive enjoyed the most for years

Ive never heard of Aiden 

Neither had Gary

I have a whole little episode of rescent British history to learn 

But i went to school with a boy called Aiden Collis - he saw stars wars 17 times

Now im thinking Aiden must have been the Jordon/ India of my day

On 5/30/2021 at 7:38 PM, Eileen said:

Ashes To Ashes. I watched that one first and also loved it.

I'm on to the final 3 episodes of The Tunnel - it's great!

I noticed ashes to ashes (or do i mean life on mars ? :D) back on TVNZ on demand

Isn't it a repeat or am i missing something?

12 hours ago, Eileen said:

I can't wait for the sequel they're talking about. I think the above may be a repeat.

That would be awsome

It was so well written and so entertaining 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

image.png.ea942231474d0a7887fe1ec6a6631f78.png

'Time' starring Sean Bean and Stephen Graham.  Both actors (and the rest of the cast) are excellent.

Oh, that's next on my list.  I  :wub: Sean Bean. 

Have you watched Motherland, L?

9 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Oh, that's next on my list.  I  :wub: Sean Bean. 

Have you watched Motherland, L?

No, I haven't.  I just Googled it - might give it a go.

As for Time, I don't know a lot about Sean Bean although I remember him being a bit of a heart throb when he was younger. He's very good in this.  Stephen Graham seems to be able to turn his hand to anything with his acting skills - Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire (and I think AC in The Irishman too?), Line of Duty etc. Thing is, he looks so much like someone I know that I can't get past that sometimes!

Oh you must watch Motherland!  The school secretary is a monster :lol:

It's very funny.  I've never been a school gates parent so  didn't think it would be for me, but it's brilliant.  Do watch from the beginning so you see the development of the characters.  I think it's all still on iPlayer, and the first 2 series are on Netflix.

Most people laugh at Sean Bean because he nearly always dies in everything he's in.  :D  I think he's survived a few now though.  He's a better actor than some give him credit for, he's not the sort that disappears into a role but he can put on very nuanced performances.  I'm not so keen on Stephen Graham, think he's overrated.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rizla said:

Oh you must watch Motherland!  The school secretary is a monster :lol:

It's very funny.  I've never been a school gates parent so  didn't think it would be for me, but it's brilliant.  Do watch from the beginning so you see the development of the characters.  I think it's all still on iPlayer, and the first 2 series are on Netflix.

Most people laugh at Sean Bean because he nearly always dies in everything he's in.  :D  I think he's survived a few now though.  He's a better actor than some give him credit for, he's not the sort that disappears into a role but he can put on very nuanced performances.  I'm not so keen on Stephen Graham, think he's overrated.

I've started watching Motherland this afternoon and am already on episode 4! I love it! Good that it's only half-hour each episode. I can SO relate to it! Love Kevin and Liz :lol:

• Haha 1

It's incredible to think that Anna Maxwell Martin was playing Julia at the same time she was being Patricia Carmichael in Line Of Duty :wacko:  Such different characters.

I decided to watch Motherland from the start and I'm up to episode 5, first season.  I think I've seen a couple of these but I'm laughing my head off this time round.

I don't know their names yet but the lass who wrote those promises out for others, the one with the long hair, mate of the daft bloke and Line of Duty lass, has me in stitches! 

• Haha 1

I've also watched all of Time - wasn't keen to watch this but glad I did. I saw an ex-prisoner on tv, talking about this. He said you'd be very lucky to get someone like that prison officer 'looking after' you ... not enough staff. Also, he'd been a Listener whilst in jail - trained by the Samaritans - and I was sorry to see that they didn't come into the storyline.

I suppose the clergywoman was put there to act as someone who'd actually listen to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

I decided to watch Motherland from the start and I'm up to episode 5, first season.  I think I've seen a couple of these but I'm laughing my head off this time round.

I don't know their names yet but the lass who wrote those promises out for others, the one with the long hair, mate of the daft bloke and Line of Duty lass, has me in stitches! 

Liz.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eileen said:

I've also watched all of Time - wasn't keen to watch this but glad I did. I saw an ex-prisoner on tv, talking about this. He said you'd be very lucky to get someone like that prison officer 'looking after' you ... not enough staff. Also, he'd been a Listener whilst in jail - trained by the Samaritans - and I was sorry to see that they didn't come into the storyline.

I suppose the clergywoman was put there to act as someone who'd actually listen to them.

I finished it last night.  It was very good, and Sean Bean ... one of his best performances, had me very close to tears near the end. Some really good performances in the supporting roles too.  But Stephen Graham deadpanned his way through as usual, sorry but I don't get why people rate him so highly. 

• Like 1