Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?

On 8/3/2021 at 4:58 PM, stevie54uk said:

Baptiste series on bbc i player good stuff

I tried it as I liked the previous series but no, decided to give up on it.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:03 AM, Jimmy James said:

OK, here is what we have watched over the last few years! 

Ozark, Billions, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Goliath, Yellowstone, Queens Gambit and others like. 

What should be up next for us?  

Something lighter ?

Im.finally watching Downton Abby on demand on tvnz

(I've been calling it Downtown all this time :D)

I like Dame Maggie Smith and also the 'other mother' that was the freind in to the manor born 

If i search down to the very  bottom of my menory its a bit like upstairs downstairs but without Mr Cowley (i know im mixing up by tv shows majorly) -as im undesided if i like the Downton  head honcho below stairs or not 

I really do not like all the gossipy element of it but them its just entertainment  

15 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

its a bit like upstairs downstairs

It's exactly like Upstairs Downstairs!  (I'm old enough to remember the original)

I hated Lady Mary.  Not sure if I was supposed to.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rizla said:

It's exactly like Upstairs Downstairs!  (I'm old enough to remember the original)

I only remember it in black and white it was so long ago

Mum and Dad used to really enjoy it

We only got colour in NZ in 1974 for the Chch commonweath games and the Willmott household did not get colour until maybe even 1979 :lol: 

On 8/3/2021 at 4:58 PM, stevie54uk said:

Baptiste series on bbc i player good stuff

We watched it over 3 nights (2 episodes per night).  Quite enjoyed it. Some bits I didn't understand (nothing new there!) and it was a bit far fetched but I like old Bappy - he's a tortured soul and so laid back he's almost horizontal :lol:. I've never thought him and his wife (ex-wife?) were a good pairing.

Useless information time - mr jmw suddenly wondered, 'Is she Irish?' (Fiona Shaw).  I didn't think so, but I Googled her and sure enough she is.  mr jmw's reason for thinking this? 'Listen to her when she shouts or gets angry, you can hear her accent '. :lol:

We watched the first series too, but I can't remember much of it!

• Like 1

I'm watching ER out of sync and have just watched 'On The Beach' (I think) - the one where Dr Greene's in Hawaii with his oldest daughter and joined by his wife and youngest daughter.

Oh dear me. Pass the hankies.

• Like 1

Im up to series 6 of Dowton abby and ive been enjoying it emensly until now im finding it a bit slow

Perhaps its just due to the uncertainty of a covid lock down  or did it just run its course ?

Im looking forward to rewatching the movie though and now i see they are making a 2nd movie

My favoutite characters are the Irish SIL ex chufer and the American Countess Cora 

I just love Cora - she reminds me of the mother vampire in twilight - just a very gentle loving and totally accepting mom (if you have seen or read the twilight stories you will know what i mean)

On 8/9/2021 at 1:35 AM, Rizla said:

Your so right 

That woman is a first class bitch

The grandmother is (all be it slightly) more likeable 

• 2 weeks later...

im watching the BBC's Episodes with Mat LeBlanc 

its a bit weird but unexpectedly quite good

ive even laughed a few times

its on TVNZ on demand

i see its a few years old but ive never heard of it before

loving no laugh track too 

i was never a freinds fan so nice to see Mat LeBlanc have a good part

Episodes_(Season_1)_poster.jpg

I watched a series on Amazon Prime - Cruel Summer.

American teen high-school drama, not usually my thing, but it was quite intriguing.  Set in the 1990s, it kept switching between dates in consecutive years, 1993, 1994 and 1995, so you had to pay attention.  But cleverly done so it wasn't too confusing.  It's all about who is telling the truth out of two main protagonists.  The story gradually unfolds with some twists and turns.

The only thing that started to get irksome was the music. Too many bad covers of 90s hits.

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.277b9faed08ed362360e1cc8682f09b7.png

Hunt For A Killer, Swedish crime drama (6 episodes) on BBC4 I think.  Based on a true story, but it really plodded along and jumped all over the place regarding the time line.  Very scary what happened, and I feel bad - because it really happened - saying it's not a patch on The Bridge. But it's not a patch on The Bridge. 

"Sex Education" is back today on Netflix!  Third series.  I am so looking forward to it but will try not to binge it too fast.  I watched S2 again recently and it still had me laughing out loud and minutes later getting a fly in my eye.
If you haven't seen this yet - start from the beginning as there are ongoing storylines and character development.

Warning - in the same way that peanut brittle may contain peanuts, "Sex Education" may contain sexual scenes and references :lol:  But nothing is gratuitous.  It's all about the characters and what makes them tick.

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

it's set in Dundee. Great shots of the city.

That looks like the one about the Law - if so, I saw it when it was on a while back. I didn't like the lass, either. :)  Thanks.

• Like 1