Greasy Lake Community

What series are you watching?

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Pretty great opening 2 hours. 

Hey what happened to the hidden message eye? So what's the trick to apply a hidden message? 

Yeah good to see the Duttons survived it all.  Do you think it was Jamie who hired the hit jobs?

10 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Yeah good to see the Duttons survived it all.  Do you think it was Jamie who hired the hit jobs?

No, I believe it was the out of town investment firm? Jamie doesn't have the balls. It would be a major twist if it does turn out to be him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

No, I believe it was the out of town investment firm? Jamie doesn't have the balls. It would be a major twist if it does turn out to be him.

A showdown with him and Beth is in the future.  Maybe a cliffhanger at the end of this season?

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 12:46 PM, Rizla said:

I'm watching "Guilt", a BBC Scotland production.
Two series, just four episodes each.
It's a black comedy/drama, a bit like a Scottish Fargo.  Loving it.

Just to add - S2 was a big let-down.  Very difficult to follow what was going on, and almost entirely lacking in humour.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm pissed!!  I've been watching Yellowstone on Paramount using Sling, even the new Season 4 episodes.  Sling for some dumb ass reason has just moved Yellowstone to their "Comedy?" extra package and costs $5/month.  First off, Yellowstone is not a freaking comedy.  Second, the money grab is disgusting, they realize it's an extremely popular show so they've moved to an extra pay package.    I have Paramount+ but they're not showing it either, because they want you to pay for their other Paramount network channel.
So I'm done with the show because I refuse to give money to the places that are just insanely after the almighty buck.  I won't have to hear that daughter's horrifically disgusting mouth anymore, God it's horrid.  With both of us on social security we don't $5 here, $6 there for all these different apps, a few yes, but this is getting ridiculous. 

Also won't ever see the new Beatles documentary because instead of going with a more 'adult' mainstream streaming service, they go with money grabbing for kids Disney!   

• Sad 1

I'm finally watching Shameless on Netflix.  Nice shots of Chicago's south side LOL.  The people who actually live in the Gallagher house let fans of the show see the house.  Only outdoor scenes are actually Chicago scenes, everything is else was made on a set, that's how they always do it.

On 11/28/2021 at 10:20 PM, Flagofpiracy said:

Ok I'm pissed!!  I've been watching Yellowstone on Paramount using Sling, even the new Season 4 episodes.  Sling for some dumb ass reason has just moved Yellowstone to their "Comedy?" extra package and costs $5/month.  First off, Yellowstone is not a freaking comedy.  Second, the money grab is disgusting, they realize it's an extremely popular show so they've moved to an extra pay package.    I have Paramount+ but they're not showing it either, because they want you to pay for their other Paramount network channel.
So I'm done with the show because I refuse to give money to the places that are just insanely after the almighty buck.  I won't have to hear that daughter's horrifically disgusting mouth anymore, God it's horrid.  With both of us on social security we don't $5 here, $6 there for all these different apps, a few yes, but this is getting ridiculous. 

Also won't ever see the new Beatles documentary because instead of going with a more 'adult' mainstream streaming service, they go with money grabbing for kids Disney!   

Us European Football(soccer) fans need 3 different streaming services to watch all the games we would like to watch. Peacock, Paramount +, ESPN + 

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Us European Football(soccer) fans need 3 different streaming services to watch all the games we would like to watch. Peacock, Paramount +, ESPN + 

That's different than Sling had been showing it because it had the Paramount channel that showed it.  They intentionally moved it to an add-on package, which I didn't even know Sling had separate add on packages other than Orange, Blue or both.  They did it because it's so popular they saw a money grab.  I just won't be watching it anymore.

On 11/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, Flagofpiracy said:

Borris will send them one of her imfamouse brown paper bags fresh from her dirt box for you

i really feel your frustration

i really really want to watch the cricket but its all on pay tv and not always the same provider

how are the next generation surposed to find their hereos and be inspired ?

cricket is already an exspensive sport just because of the gear a player needs

but it was never a rich sport  (in that pretty much any body could play)

i know they (the NZ cricket board) need the broadcasting rights  money to keep grass roots cricket going because of the pandemic as they cant rely on gate takings for the usual big games

but not having it on free to air is so sad

why cant the govt owned tv chanell pay the rights like they do sometimes for the rugby ?

the woman's cricket world cup is here soon and its a huge opertunity for woman's sport to be seen as equal to the men's game

I know my dad would have watched ladies cricket on tv if it had been on back in the day

the girls are very tallenetd and its as excitting as the men's game these days

anyway i know this is the wrong forum

but i totally hear you

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The first part of The Wheel Of Time has been shown in 8 weekly instalments on Amazon.   I haven't read the books, but thought I would give it a go in the hopes that it would draw me in.   Sadly it hasn't.  I found it confusing, generic, and a bit silly.  Some of the acting is awful although Rosamund Pike is excellent in her leading role.

People who have read the source books seem unimpressed too, as a lot of changes have been made.  Certainly from my POV they haven't made it easier to follow.

On a brighter note I now have access to Starzplay as an Amazon Prime add-on (thanks to my neighbour again! we have taken advantage of a 99p per month offer)

So I am now getting stuck into some racy historical dramas which I hadn't seen before:
The White Queen
The White Princess
The Spanish Princess

@Daisey Jeephave you seen any of these?

6 hours ago, Rizla said:

On a brighter note I now have access to Starzplay as an Amazon Prime add-on (thanks to my neighbour again! we have taken advantage of a 99p per month offer)

So I am now getting stuck into some racy historical dramas which I hadn't seen before:
The White Queen
The White Princess
The Spanish Princess

@Daisey Jeephave you seen any of these?

the white queeen was on tv  think

no, none of those

maybe i should see whats on netflex .....

21 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

the white queeen was on tv  think

no, none of those

maybe i should see whats on netflex .....

The White Queen was originally BBC but they didn't make any of the sequels which were picked up by Starz.
They're all based on Philippa Gregory novels.  If you liked The Tudors you'd like these.

21 minutes ago, Flagofpiracy said:

@Daisey JeepHave you watched this?  I haven't watched it yet but will, it's getting rave reviews.  It was filmed in New Zealand :) 

that is filmed in the most beautiful provence in NZ

Otago

well Central Otago to be exact

the only place in our temperate country to have a more continental climate

a nice little old road trip inland from  Dunedin

i havn't seen it yet

trully in my heart i think that is what heaven looks like

couldn't afford to stay let alone live there these days

all the Aucklanders cashing up and moving in, drinking wine, making wine

im afraid my version of Central is gone by now

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Flagofpiracy said:

@Daisey JeepHave you watched this?  I haven't watched it yet but will, it's getting rave reviews.  It was filmed in New Zealand :) 

Gary has watched it

but i see it has an animal crueilty warning ?