Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom74

Interesting Guardian interview

Hi. This is extra material from the big piece I had in October. Though it's not strictly necessary for me to do so, I had checked with the Springsteen organisation to check there was no problem with carving a second piece out of the same conversation. But we spoke so much about stage performance - and the editor of the original piece didn't want that - that it seemed a shame to let it go to waste.

6 minutes ago, michael.hann said:

Hi. This is extra material from the big piece I had in October. Though it's not strictly necessary for me to do so, I had checked with the Springsteen organisation to check there was no problem with carving a second piece out of the same conversation. But we spoke so much about stage performance - and the editor of the original piece didn't want that - that it seemed a shame to let it go to waste.

Great interview, it answered quite a few questions I'd always wondered about.

Great article.

From the comments posted below it

"He can't take and entire stadium in his hands as Bon Jovi can"

:blink:

24 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

Great article.

Yes, I was a little taken aback by that.

54 minutes ago, michael.hann said:

Your interview covered material that I'd hoped Bruce would discuss much more in his autobiography, so many thanks for asking the questions.

That's really good. Nice job!

Great interview. Loved it and especially what he said about playing Born To Run every night

Really enjoyed reading that.  

Good to hear Bruce's perspective on his work and what it means to him now rather than all the retrospective stuff we've heard about since the American stadium shows concluded.

This is a very good article. But.. 5 minutes to get up from a knee slide, howay that's a tad bit unfair, I reckon it's only 3 minutes :D

2 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

This is a very good article. But.. 5 minutes to get up from a knee slide, howay that's a tad bit unfair, I reckon it's only 3 minutes :D

Hopefully we'll find out next week! B) Get ready for setlist vision...

I’ve never played two shows that are the same, in all the years we’ve been playing. "

Never??? 

1 hour ago, rocknrollcrook said:

I’ve never played two shows that are the same, in all the years we’ve been playing. "

Never??? 

:)

Well, there definitely was one occasion early on The Rising Tour.  There must be more.

Edit.  It was four identical shows in a row.  Apparently there were some identical shows on TOL Tour as well.

9 hours ago, riverdude2 said:

Great article.

Maybe the said person has never seen Bruce live! can`t have done.

When Bruce mentioned never playing two shows the same in all his career I didn't take it to mean setlist-wise but instead in terms of mood, audience, the high moments, etc etc.

1 hour ago, -Sussudio- said:

When Bruce mentioned never playing two shows the same in all his career I didn't take it to mean setlist-wise but instead in terms of mood, audience, the high moments, etc etc.

I get that, but then that can be said for just about any performer when you look at it that way.

1 hour ago, rocknrollcrook said:

I get that, but then that can be said for just about any performer when you look at it that way.

True in a way.  But some performers have a set set list for an entire tour, come out and play, with no never mind to a specific audience.  Nothing wrong with that. It gets the job done. 

But that's never been Bruce. 

"I’m happy to report that the E Street Band is still filled with people who actually like one another. We may not have everything in common, but there’s a deep mutual respect and I believe a real love between the band members that projects from the stage and is very real"

My favourite thing to have read in about 10 years - long may it continue.....

3 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

True in a way.  But some performers have a set set list for an entire tour, come out and play, with no never mind to a specific audience.  Nothing wrong with that. It gets the job done. 

But that's never been Bruce. 

I think he probably just forgot he's actually played identical shows.  If he can forget his lyrics, then he can forget the few identical shows.

10 hours ago, Promise61 said:

:)

Well, there definitely was one occasion early on The Rising Tour.  There must be more.

Edit.  It was four identical shows in a row.  Apparently there were some identical shows on TOL Tour as well.

I thought maybe he was meaning that the shows were different in the way they moved, not that the steeliest were the same. There we definitely a few identical steeliest during early TOL. 

The interview was great though.