Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoulBoogieAlex

Boss Fashion

I haven't read the link, but the first thought when I read "Boss Fashion" was oxymoron:huh:

Haha this is great, although I object to Contemporary-waistcoats-and-other-odd-accessories Bruce being ranked so low, as I am personally a fan of the waistcoats. Also no mention of 90s Bruce (aka I'm-going-to-wear-shirts-with-as-ugly-patterns-as-I-can-find Bruce)?!

Yeah, I'm a bastard for a waistcoat (or a "vest" as my American wife insists, damn colonials) and will wear one at the drop of a hat with any combo. (Tweed waistcoat is a highly versatile fashion item.)

It has to be BTR Bruce for me, T-shirt, jeans, leather jacket is a combo that has kept me good company on my journey............

But.......guilty pleasure time.

I like the BITUSA look.

There I've said it.

30 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Yeah, I'm a bastard for a waistcoat (or a "vest" as my American wife insists, damn colonials) and will wear one at the drop of a hat with any combo. (Tweed waistcoat is a highly versatile fashion item.)

It has to be BTR Bruce for me, T-shirt, jeans, leather jacket is a combo that has kept me good company on my journey............

But.......guilty pleasure time.

I like the BITUSA look.

There I've said it.

Jeans, tee shirt and leather jacket works for me every time, whether back in the day or at all those book events recently, but please no bandanas!!

I also have a very soft spot for the red shirt which has featured on this tour.:wub:

Just now, Ann Jones said:

but please no bandanas!!

I wore a bandana at Wembley, 4/7/85.

As the years have passed, and I have become increasingly follically challenged, I've leaned heavily on the bandana as a means of avoiding sunburn on the top of my napper.

In short, I am also partial to a bandana,  but I cannot think of a single occasion when I've combined a bandana and a waistcoat................................................yet.

"he is after all the greatest human on the planet"  B)

The look i liked best wasn't mentioned, The River 80/81 was class

7 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

"he is after all the greatest human on the planet"  B)

The look i liked best wasn't mentioned, The River 80/81 was class

Always been partial to a check shirt - my inner 'mod' coming through...

2 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Always been partial to a check shirt - my inner 'mod' coming through...

Think it is more the colours of the checks that floats Roy's boat............

I do tend to go for a good checked shirt, (as evidenced when I invaded the 'Just Bruce' thread). Being a bike rider, a leather jacket is always justifiable, ( I have an early 70's Schott 1 star, like the BTR cover, that I wear in the warm weather, how cool I am is nobody's business) and if it's a bit nippy, a lovely cut off levi's jacket to go over the leather one is essential kit. I also wear scarves a lot for riding purposes. Today I have on a lovely orange Kheffiya, 

(I only wear waistcoats with a suit).

There are some "styles" missing but if I had to choose I'd go with Why-the-hell-would-you-wake-me-up-at-this-hour? Bruce. I don't know why, but he looks so mystical and I find photos from that era to be very erotic. It has nothing to do with what he's wearing. It's a pose of a hurt gigolo..

As a detail I'd like to mention his jeans, scuffed and torn, over his boots or shoes or whatever he's wearing. I find it totally cool and many men just don't get how important it is. Crucial.

The "hurt gigolo" look is a one I've been perfecting my entire adult life.

Those who are less clued up often refer to it as "that tired looking scruffy bugger" look. I'm so glad you're here to put them straight.

14 minutes ago, the calvary said:

Those who are less clued up often refer to it as "that tired looking scruffy bugger" look. I'm so glad you're here to put them straight.

Bruce in Calvary Purple / Pink is on its way. We may be gone, but the imortal Bruceness will be rocking one or both of those in 3045

1 hour ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Hadn't thought about that - duh!

Those hurt gigolo pix almost kept me from buying the album because I thought the guy looked like a halfwit (sorry, sorry:ph34r:). I learned otherwise when I did buy it anyway, but I still don't like that look.

Apart from that, no complaints.

Just when he dresses up in a suit to see the president or goes to some official function, I always wish someone would shorten his jacket sleeves.

Just remembered, another terrible mistake was a silvery suit that seemed way too big and baggy, worn at some Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame function.

Conclusion: Jeans, boots and a nice blue shirt are best. There:

3 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

'

bruce_springsteen_1.jpg

33 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

Those hurt gigolo pix almost kept me from buying the album because I thought the guy looked like a halfwit (sorry, sorry:ph34r:). I learned otherwise when I did buy it anyway, but I still don't like that look.

Apart from that, no complaints.

Just when he dresses up in a suit to see the president or goes to some official function, I always wish someone would shorten his jacket sleeves.

Just remembered, another terrible mistake was a silvery suit that seemed way too big and baggy, worn at some Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame function.

Conclusion: Jeans, boots and a nice blue shirt are best. There:

Halfwit !:o

The OAP look! never could stand the BITUSA look Love Bruce with tight jeans (the Butt) the scarf and the soft boots.

CnRJSvnW8AIzwfu.jpg

14681667_1247670318622496_6307948270393702804_n.jpg

e4fcd08cca99c232a65bb0dab3a23f1d.jpg

3 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Dunno what you mean:rolleyes:

c68367e0540f2dbccc4fcff23983164b.jpg

b3a50cb6adf2b6f8400f8c0ef60df546.jpg

BS_lp_121180_1016w-S.jpg

32455261bfff50a868db90dbdfb9fcc4.jpg

bkStefanko2.jpgarticle-2173758-1410249F000005DC-733_306

Bruce has not yet learned how and what to wear. 

My choice is   the  Tunnel of Love picture (not the tour) modified:     black jacket  and undone  top buttons white shirt ( without that   cowboystyle tie-string)

3 hours ago, the calvary said:

It's a thin line between the two, the hurt gigolo and the scruffy bugger, sometimes hard to distinguish. It's all about how you carry yourself and whether you've got a self destructive story to tell. It's not the easiest pose. But women fall for it.

Ask Bruce.

That link completely passes over Other Band Bruce, one of my favourite Bruces.

How are you people pronouncing "waistcoat", the British way? 

11 hours ago, Silvia said:

It's a thin line between the two, the hurt gigolo and the scruffy bugger, sometimes hard to distinguish. It's all about how you carry yourself and whether you've got a self destructive story to tell. It's not the easiest pose. But women fall for it.

Ask Bruce.

I have so many self destructive stories to tell, it's unreal. I'm like the black knight out of monty python's The Holy Grail.

My last long term relationship was clinched with the lines "here's to our destruction", and five years later, the destruction occurred! Now it's "my heart's grown weary and more than a little bit shy", but there is always that "someone waitin' with that look in her eye". Usually that look is followed by "who's that scruffy bugger?", I'll admit that. Hmmmmmm....