Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CosmicKid

And the winner is...

It's finally time to wrap up the fundraiser that I launched way back back in November. As I explained in the thread back then, I had to extend it due to the server change, which required an inital setup fee. In return, what we paid up till then for the old server was added to the subscription to the new server. To make a long story short, having raised more than $2,000 we are set for a good long time now thanks to your generousity and dedication to our little community. So thank you for that! 

And now, what you have all been waiting for... Back in November I promised a Greasy Lake shirt to a random donator. For every $10 you donated, you got a ticket in the lottery pool. Today I drew a random number out of the pool. The number corresponded with a donation made by.... drum roll.... @micktonerdeaf.

Congratulations! I will contact you and direct you to your prize.

Thank you once again to all of you who support Greasy Lake. Now, let's get a new album and tour and let the ride continue.

That's good news. Although I have only been around here for less than a year, I can't imagine my life now without all these friends I have never met (yet) (apart from one, lest I get into trouble^_^)

How very embarrassing.  I tend only to log in every day or two when Bruce is not touring in Europe and have just seen this.

Cosmic Kid emailed me Saturday and I was boasting to my son Ben, 20, a big Bruce fan too, on Sunday evening that I had won a T-shirt on Greasy Lake.  And trying to tell his girlfriend about the significance of Greasy Lake to Bruce fans - Crazy Jane etc.  This morning I was looking at sizes, but then work got in the way and I didn't order.  I've just come on the Lake again after reading Max's Rolling Stone interview elsewhere.

So I'm thrilled -  I'll order tomorrow and the shirt willl have to be for the future - extra large for Ben who played rugby and looks like Bruce 1985.  I feel guilty he didn't see Bruce last year - family stuff; he's at uni and I wasn't going to fund him the whole ticket for Wembley.  Another son, 24, did go, helped by dad.

Thank you Marilla Gorilla for congrats.

I was jealous when Ann J. got to meet Bruce at the book signing.  Well done though!  And getting the special Born To Run book read organised.

Trouble is my contribution wasn't massive so I really will have to give again.  I really appreciate the efforts of CosmicKid and others to keep this great site going.

I was telling my wife earlier that I was noticing all the new, younger people posting.  Which is great.  So it's right a younger fan will get the shirt as a surprise when it arrives.

I can verify the competition was totally and 100% genuine - as genuine as the sweat and tears that Bruce pours into his concerts.

The T-shirt arrived yesterday.  I think CosmicKid actually paid for it too since there is a Cafe Press invoice.  When I see my son in about two weeks, I'll offer it and maybe get a photo to upload.  He is introvert though by my stereotypical definition (not a definition that'd be accepted by the introvert/extrovert thread!) so he might balk.

Glad to hear it has arrived safely. Hope you can get your son to pose!

The owner of the Greasy Lake tee shirt was finally presented it yesterday.  And really pleased.  My son Ben has now made his way back to uni.  He's trying to convert his girlfriend into a zealous Bruce fan at the moment, making her sit through various Bruce gigs on YouTube.  She is very tolerant - she likes Bruce, but prefers Robert Smith and The Cure.  He became a kind of Bruce fan at about three-years-old when he and his brother used to jump about wildly to Barn In The USA on Sesame Street.  Ben's favourite Bruce disc - the outtakes from The River.  He's played tracks to me a few times on journeys in his battered old Clio, delighted he might have heard a few ahead of me. 

056.JPG