Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmw

IPOD CLASSIC

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I was walking earlier this evening and my ipod classic suddenly stopped working, the battery was ok,

I can get to itunes on my laptop.

Thank you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure you havent gone deaf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm here ... my Walkman still won't work. It says my songs are still stored yet it says ... well it doesn't 'say' cos Walkmans can't talk ...that I have no songs in the library.

Eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Eileen said:

While I'm here ... my Walkman still won't work. It says my songs are still stored yet it says ... well it doesn't 'say' cos Walkmans can't talk ...that I have no songs in the library.

Eh?

Maybe newer models don't allow this but you used to be able to plug a Walkman into a pc/laptop and access the music files through "my computer"  Walkman>Music. You could then add/delete files without using Sony's software (which I always hated). If you can do that, then you can check if your music is there. If it is then there's something wrong with playback recognition of your library. You could copy all your music onto a laptop/PC (keeping the folder/file structure and then factory reset your Walkman. Then add back the music (as above) and see if it is all there and recognised again.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you - yes, I think the time has come to reset it ... was trying to fix it without doing that but can't. Yes, I can see what's on it when I plug it in here - just won't play on the Walkman. I had to buy a cassette player but that's too bulky. I need to sort the Walkman out in time for my next train/ferry jaunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Thank you - yes, I think the time has come to reset it ... was trying to fix it without doing that but can't. Yes, I can see what's on it when I plug it in here - just won't play on the Walkman. I had to buy a cassette player but that's too bulky. I need to sort the Walkman out in time for my next train/ferry jaunt.

Make sure you copy your music over to laptop/PC before reset because a reset may well clear all previous saved data. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2017 at 11:53 AM, jmw said:

Hi,

 

I was walking earlier this evening and my ipod classic suddenly stopped working, the battery was ok,

I can get to itunes on my laptop.

Thank you.

 

 

There are diagnostic and restore modes. You can look up by model what the sequence is to enter those modes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

There are diagnostic and restore modes. You can look up by model what the sequence is to enter those modes.

Thank you, I sorted it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites