SydneyGirl

Sydney Girl's Home for Random Posts So I Stop Getting in Trouble - Open to all lost posts with no real home.

OK! I have been here 6 weeks now and have on a number of occasions been fairly "accused" of being a bit random and/or of posting comments/videos that drag threads off track. Now they are usually at least vaguely related to Bruce  (or at least his belly - refer The Greatest Springsteen Cover Songs poll - Round 1, Stage 15) but they are short, not going anywhere and I understand they could, to quote our friend Raced: "annoy the bejaysus out of everyone". I have even done it to myself on the extroverted/introverted thread. Most importantly they are not leading somewhere or are naturally at home on another thread elsewhere in The Circuit which is the only place I want to visit here.

BUT because they are random and one, or at most two, offs I have decided to give them a home. Feel free to give any of your random posts that are short term and VERY SPECIFICALLY do not belong on an active thread you know about (there are many threads that will remain a mystery to me) or in Beyond the Palace a home here. Or not. I am staying in the Circuit so this is my fix. Besides I made a promise I vow to defend to Paolo this morning that I will not lead his polls off track ever again. So I am going to bookmark this topic and if I ever feel the pull of temptation (give me about 24 hours is my guess...) I shall use this to lead me from that temptation.

If you do post something - be nice. The only pit I ever want to be in would be in front of a Bruce stage.

• Like 5

My first random post is to say sorry to @Paolo's Circus Story publically for doing it again and posting random videos on his poll. I was a naughty Sydney Girl and I vow not to do it again. Knowing myself however (and way more about cognitive psychology than I should) I have created an enabler to lead me from the temptation because as surely as I will eat chocolate on a Friday night I will have random Bruce thoughts I am too lazy or busy to find their correct Greasy Lake home.

Keep up the good work young man and I will try to be annoying only specifically within the terms of the Poll boundaries. :P Definitely annoying to be clear BUT within the terms of the poll ;).

• Like 1

A funny place, this GL circuit - Love it also because of fresh ideas like this one. I have been here so much already. And I thought some times: "Well, that's it, folks, place is kind of dead". And I also never had the urge to spy into the underworld/Fight Club/what else...And so I headed over again the dark side (btx). Just to come back again..Because of posts like this.

So thanks, SydneyGirl, with a early sunday morning (5 am) greeting from the old continent.

• Like 3

Got to get back out into this fabulous Sydney Sunday but first example of random thought without a home.

I mentioned on the Oz/Nz thread the other day a flood that kept my hometown isolated for weeks when I was a kid and it made me wonder:

Apart from the NC bathroom rules leading to a cancelled concert have any of you ever been prevented from attending a Bruce event by a non personal emergency (e.g. wife inconsiderately insisting you turn up to the birth of a child). Flood, snowstorm, cyclone/hurricane, earthquake, bushfire...?

Yep, flying overseas to NYC on a friday, lot of snow on Saturday,  sun soaked white covered city on sunday with fantastic Sunset from the Empire Starte Bildung, BUT no River Show the same night..

BUT no complaint, we, a bunch of stranded concertgoers, had a memorable night with Nils!

And a good 2 months later I flew in again, but this time with DW, to enyoy one of my best concerts ever.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, theseshadows said:

A funny place, this GL circuit - Love it also because of fresh ideas like this one. I have been here so much already. And I thought some times: "Well, that's it, folks, place is kind of dead". And I also never had the urge to spy into the underworld/Fight Club/what else...And so I headed over again the dark side (btx). Just to come back again..Because of posts like this.

So thanks, SydneyGirl, with a early sunday morning (5 am) greeting from the old continent.

come check out the FC

it's a whole lot about a certain American ginger right now but we have nicer threads too

Skyjocky has a beautiful thread called present from space which is photos of stars and planets and very pretty stuff 

• Like 2

nice thread btw SydneyGirl 

I'm somewhat dismayed to think you have got in trouble with anyone 

may I use it to encourage people over the amusement park

that can be lots of fun if you can't sleep !!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

come check out the FC

it's a whole lot about a certain American ginger right now but we have nicer threads too

Skyjocky has a beautiful thread called present from space which is photos of stars and planets and very pretty stuff 

Guess I might try it on a rainy day.

But now a fabulous spring week ahead in southern France hiking the Compostela Trail..

• Like 5

6 hours ago, SydneyGirl said:

My first random post is to say sorry to @Paolo's Circus Story publically for doing it again and posting random videos on his poll. I was a naughty Sydney Girl and I vow not to do it again. Knowing myself however (and way more about cognitive psychology than I should) I have created an enabler to lead me from the temptation because as surely as I will eat chocolate on a Friday night I will have random Bruce thoughts I am too lazy or busy to find their correct Greasy Lake home.

Keep up the good work young man and I will try to be annoying only specifically within the terms of the Poll boundaries. :P Definitely annoying to be clear BUT within the terms of the poll ;).

Have we really upset Paolo`s Circus if  we have then I  will also say sorry as I have said before I have loved seeing all the clips and getting a chance to vote  :o

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theseshadows said:

Guess I might try it on a rainy day.

But now a fabulous spring week ahead in southern France hiking the Compostela Trail..

I have a friend who is walking the trail for 6 weeks. He started last Wednesday and this will be his third time. 

Hope you enjoy it as much as he does.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tie that bind said:

Have we really upset Paolo`s Circus if  we have then I  will also say sorry as I have said before I have loved seeing all the clips and getting a chance to vote  :o

I'm not upset at all, no idea where that came from.

Erm, fake news?

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

I have a friend who is walking the trail for 6 weeks. He started last Wednesday and this will be his third time. 

Hope you enjoy it as much as he does.

I became kind of addicted at the beginning of Last year but after 2 days my knew was ruined and I had to make a surgery.

But in Summer and autum we w made already about 300 km. it s fantastic!

• Like 3

I must confess I have been over to the dark side as you know I can`t read all the posts but I managed to read that it has been confirmed that there will be nothing from BRUCE THIS YEAR no new album or tour how true can this be if true this is a big downer for me it`s a case the sooner the better for me.

9 hours ago, SydneyGirl said:

OK! I have been here 6 weeks now and have on a number of occasions been fairly "accused" of being a bit random and/or of posting comments/videos that drag threads off track. Now they are usually at least vaguely related to Bruce  (or at least his belly - refer The Greatest Springsteen Cover Songs poll - Round 1, Stage 15) but they are short, not going anywhere and I understand they could, to quote our friend Raced: "annoy the bejaysus out of everyone". I have even done it to myself on the extroverted/introverted thread. Most importantly they are not leading somewhere or are naturally at home on another thread elsewhere in The Circuit which is the only place I want to visit here.

BUT because they are random and one, or at most two, offs I have decided to give them a home. Feel free to give any of your random posts that are short term and VERY SPECIFICALLY do not belong on an active thread you know about (there are many threads that will remain a mystery to me) or in Beyond the Palace a home here. Or not. I am staying in the Circuit so this is my fix. Besides I made a promise I vow to defend to Paolo this morning that I will not lead his polls off track ever again. So I am going to bookmark this topic and if I ever feel the pull of temptation (give me about 24 hours is my guess...) I shall use this to lead me from that temptation.

If you do post something - be nice.

here's something Bruce could do, and make a great job of. It reminds me a lot of Tomorrow Never Knows, and I get a sneaking suspicion that Bruce would be happy to admit he's a fan. One of the great losses to music. Who knows what he'd have done had he lived?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tie that bind said:

I must confess I have been over to the dark side as you know I can`t read all the posts but I managed to read that it has been confirmed that there will be nothing from BRUCE THIS YEAR no new album or tour how true can this be if true this is a big downer for me it`s a case the sooner the better for me.

How very disappointing. Not surprised about no tour, but disappointed if there is to be no new music either.

Just yesterday when I was looking at all those clips in the covers poll, I was thinking back to a year ago when the first rumours emerged of the Euro shows, the excitement building, deciding how many we could afford... 

You are forgiven for visiting the dark side, but I wish you had better news:mellow:

• Like 2

I really think some of the fun is when a thread is seized for a little while and then returns to the original topic. Think @Daisey Jeepand her concerts and all the fun we had digressing. But if you want, @SydneyGirl, we will make use of this one as well. Just watch us get off on the most unimaginable tangents.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

I really think some of the fun is when a thread is seized for a little while and then returns to the original topic.

Like the Hanging Rock(?) SLV thread which turned into a biscuits discussion due to the lack of scopes.

• Like 6

SteveJhb   
3 hours ago, phantomengineer said:

So is it OK if I randomly post about my theories concerning dinosaurs?

I know someone who honest to God refuses to believe they really existed...

They are able to at least tie their own shoelaces which is awesome.

• Like 1