Greasy Lake Community

St. Louis 8/23/2008 is newest archive release!!!!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Hang on, didn't there used to be a deal, where if you ordered the MP3, you were offered the CD for a lower price? This isn't happening now.

Yeah, and doesn't seem to happening now, which just means I'll be ordering the CD only. I'm guessing Chuck Berry's passing was a factor in this show getting released? Although still no electric Reason To Believe which is  a shame as I think it's easily one of Bruce's most powerful rearrangements. Also, it does seem like the shows with rarer songs played will be favoured. How does the sound quality stand up to other releases?

So, you people in the know, is this one I really should get? I am not in the habit of buying many as I just never get round to listening to them all. I tend to get the ones I was at, for the memories, and then others which come highly recommended and this one seems to fit into the latter category.

I was there, wife and daughter. Now this was only the second show into my obsession. So really didn't understand how Epic this was until reading thread here after. All we knew it was total fun and exciting. When I get home tonight I'll be buying this.

3 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

I guess this ^^ will help me make up my mind! Thank you.

It was a realllllly good show. ;)

2008-08-23 - SCOTTRADE CENTER, ST. LOUIS, MO

Soundcheck: THEN SHE KISSED ME / WHEN YOU WALK IN THE ROOM / LITTLE QUEENIE

THEN SHE KISSED ME / RADIO NOWHERE / OUT IN THE STREET / ADAM RAISED A CAIN / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / RENDEZVOUS / FOR YOU / MOUNTAIN OF LOVE / BACKSTREETS / GYPSY BIKER / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / NOT FADE AWAY - SHE'S THE ONE / LIVIN' IN THE FUTURE / COVER ME / MARY'S PLACE / DRIVE ALL NIGHT / THE RISING / LAST TO DIE / LONG WALK HOME / BADLANDS / GIRLS IN THEIR SUMMER CLOTHES / JUNGLELAND / DETROIT MEDLEY / BORN TO RUN / DANCING IN THE DARK / AMERICAN LAND / THUNDER ROAD / LITTLE QUEENIE / TWIST AND SHOUT

Wow, what a show. Has to go down as one of the best of the Reunion era with all sorts of surprises. Premieres for four classic covers - "Then She Kissed Me" opens, last played exactly 33 years ago in Atlanta. "Mountain Of Love" (also 33 years away), a snatch of "Not Fade Away" as intro to "She's The One" recalls 1978, and finally "Little Queenie", one of three songs played after "American Land". "For You" is the full band version, and the set also includes "Adam Raised A Cain", "Rendezvous", "Cover Me", and "Drive All Night". "Mary's Place" includes "The Monkey Time". "Rendezvous", "For You", "Mountain Of Love", "Backstreets", "Drive All Night", and "Little Queenie" are played by sign request. During the soundcheck, Bruce sings a snippet of "Living In The U.S.A." before "Little Queenie". Patti Scialfa is not present.

This will have to wait a week as my PC is bust so even if I downloaded it I couldn't burn it CD.

The bootleg is great apart from making Bruce sound like he has a lisp!

7 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Can you guys believe this show will be 9 years old in a couple months? I've been reading this board for 9 damn years! :wacko:

The last time I visited and I missed it, he could still play in September.:)

40 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

So, you people in the know, is this one I really should get?

If you don't own this show already (on one of the various bootlegs available of this show), Yes.

At the time -and maybe still- it was considered by Brucewatchers to be -maybe- not only the best show of the Magic Tour, but even the best show of the Reunion Era.

If this is really true, is another question-and also, as everything, personal. (I am not saying it is not true).

18 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

It was a realllllly good show. ;)

2008-08-23 - SCOTTRADE CENTER, ST. LOUIS, MO

Soundcheck: THEN SHE KISSED ME / WHEN YOU WALK IN THE ROOM / LITTLE QUEENIE

THEN SHE KISSED ME / RADIO NOWHERE / OUT IN THE STREET / ADAM RAISED A CAIN / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / RENDEZVOUS / FOR YOU / MOUNTAIN OF LOVE / BACKSTREETS / GYPSY BIKER / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / NOT FADE AWAY - SHE'S THE ONE / LIVIN' IN THE FUTURE / COVER ME / MARY'S PLACE / DRIVE ALL NIGHT / THE RISING / LAST TO DIE / LONG WALK HOME / BADLANDS / GIRLS IN THEIR SUMMER CLOTHES / JUNGLELAND / DETROIT MEDLEY / BORN TO RUN / DANCING IN THE DARK / AMERICAN LAND / THUNDER ROAD / LITTLE QUEENIE / TWIST AND SHOUT

Wow, what a show. Has to go down as one of the best of the Reunion era with all sorts of surprises. Premieres for four classic covers - "Then She Kissed Me" opens, last played exactly 33 years ago in Atlanta. "Mountain Of Love" (also 33 years away), a snatch of "Not Fade Away" as intro to "She's The One" recalls 1978, and finally "Little Queenie", one of three songs played after "American Land". "For You" is the full band version, and the set also includes "Adam Raised A Cain", "Rendezvous", "Cover Me", and "Drive All Night". "Mary's Place" includes "The Monkey Time". "Rendezvous", "For You", "Mountain Of Love", "Backstreets", "Drive All Night", and "Little Queenie" are played by sign request. During the soundcheck, Bruce sings a snippet of "Living In The U.S.A." before "Little Queenie". Patti Scialfa is not present.

Don't forget DAN!!!!!!!!!!

http://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.dLFc_gpVDrYAyyuGdbYiTAEsDh&w=277&h=205&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7th?id=OIP.dLFc_gpVDrYAyyuGdbYiTAEsDh&w=2

I emailed them about the lack of a MP3/CD deal and got this reply.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Check back in 15 more minutes.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

So, it looks as though it was an error. If you want both MP3 and CD, wait!

Archived