Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buddhabone

St. Louis 8/23/2008 is newest archive release!!!!

40 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

We need a bunch of Columbia releases, really. A Bruce "bootleg series" on Columbia - why not? It would only make money, please fans, and enhance his legacy to boot - as the greatest live performer of all time.

Yes, Bruce should do something like what Bob does with the Bootleg Series and Bob should do what Bruce does with releasing live download shows.

19 hours ago, rocknrollcrook said:

Why would it matter if it's London or not?  I know some crowds are more into it than others, but other than the collective accent of the crowd singing back, the kid singing Sunny Day, or Bruce mentioning the city, it's the performance that matters.

My point exactly, London 2002 is the best show on that European arena leg, one of the best shows in 2002 if not the best, and definitely one of the best shows on the tour.

11 hours ago, bsfan50 said:

My point exactly, London 2002 is the best show on that European arena leg, one of the best shows in 2002 if not the best, and definitely one of the best shows on the tour.

Is it really? From what was said and written after that tour it could be argued all European 2002 shows could be considered to be one of the best shows of the 2002 European tour/2002/the Rising Tour-all very great shows, the greatest European Tour in the Reunion Era.

(This post in no way meant to be negative about the London show).

Just got back from my mid morning project site run, and this concert was on E-Street Radio for the hundredth time. I wonder why I bought the damn think.

But anyway, those first four tunes energy almost by themselves put this concert on the map of greatness? I did notice on Out in the Streets the mix, the audience wasn't much involved, but being there they very much were.

I wonder what the chances are of them ever releasing the Human Rights Now! shows? Could we ever get a release of the two Paris shows in the same fashion that we did the Christic shows?

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I wonder what the chances are of them ever releasing the Human Rights Now! shows? Could we ever get a release of the two Paris shows in the same fashion that we did the Christic shows?

Think chances are very slim....

11 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I wonder what the chances are of them ever releasing the Human Rights Now! shows? 

This is a nice taster to keep you going

519MnsXFKML.jpg

81pO9hsgHlL._SL1225_.jpg

42 minutes ago, sietze1976 said:

Think chances are very slim....

Ah, that's a shame. 

35 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

This is a nice taster to keep you going

519MnsXFKML.jpg

81pO9hsgHlL._SL1225_.jpg

Cool stuff. 

The Amnesty albums are on Spotify, including Bruce's later acoustic performances and Steve's from the Conspiracy of Hope Tour.

On 11/06/2017 at 11:39 PM, phantomengineer said:

Yes, Bruce should do something like what Bob does with the Bootleg Series and Bob should do what Bruce does with releasing live download shows.

As someone who endured bobs recent Bournemouth show I'd have to pass on the latter.

:huh:

2 hours ago, Walker in the sun said:

As someone who endured bobs recent Bournemouth show I'd have to pass on the latter.

:huh:

Yeah, from what I've heard, while Bruce is best heard live, Bob is best heard in the studio, especially these days.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:44 AM, bsfan50 said:

Yeah, from what I've heard, while Bruce is best heard live, Bob is best heard in the studio, especially these days.

I think Dylan's done making new music.  He's been doing cover albums, which is a shame in my opinion.  "The Tempest" in 2012 I think was intended as his swan song.  If he put out something new though, I'd buy it.  Just not into hearing him sing Frank Sinatra songs...

Hard to know, I couldn't describe myself as a bobcat, but I've faithfully bought the vast majority of his official output over the years, but drew the line after the 1st covers set. Darn it, I even bought Under a Blood Red Sky! (Played only once, vinyl, almost any offer accepted.) Still picking up the Bootleg Series releases, tho'.

Either he's suffering chronic writers block, or simply feels he has nothing left to say, IMHO.

4 minutes ago, Walker in the sun said:

Hard to know, I couldn't describe myself as a bobcat, but I've faithfully bought the vast majority of his official output over the years, but drew the line after the 1st covers set. Darn it, I even bought Under a Blood Red Sky! (Played only once, vinyl, almost any offer accepted.) Still picking up the Bootleg Series releases, tho'.

Either he's suffering chronic writers block, or simply feels he has nothing left to say, IMHO.

I definitely recommend ALL of Dylan's bootleg series.  For the most part, they are better than the original releases, and at the very least serve as great companion pieces to flesh out his catalogue.  Not sure why Springsteen doesn't have his own Bootleg Series at this point.  I'm happy with Tracks, the Promise and the River Outtakes, as long as they keep up with that template and keep the Nugs releases coming.

3 hours ago, crdowning said:

I think Dylan's done making new music.  He's been doing cover albums, which is a shame in my opinion.  "The Tempest" in 2012 I think was intended as his swan song.  If he put out something new though, I'd buy it.  Just not into hearing him sing Frank Sinatra songs...

I know, I'm more saying that he's not a great live performer like Bruce nowadays.