Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buddhabone

St. Louis 8/23/2008 is newest archive release!!!!

48 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

They've fixed it! Saving myself $4.95!

I don't get it.

I don't see why they persist with a lossy compression format alongside the CDs and don't offer FLAC or other lossless.

I rip My CDs to lossless once I get them so saving myself another $5 and getting higher quality digital files.

Downloaded it straight away. Probably one of the best setlists I've ever seen, I can't wait to listen to it! Also treated myself to Christchurch from earlier this year because why the hell not? Happy Friday to me and happy Easter to all of you 

Very happy with this release. I would really love a release with the electric Nebraska some day but this show has gained a legendary status for good reason. I'm looking forward to owning a sonic upgrade of this one on CD. Ever since the archive series started I've all but abandoned my bootleg collection since the Nugs releases tend to sound so much better on average. So I haven't listened to this show in a long long time. 

42 minutes ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

Very happy with this release. I would really love a release with the electric Nebraska some day but this show has gained a legendary status for good reason. I'm looking forward to owning a sonic upgrade of this one on CD. Ever since the archive series started I've all but abandoned my bootleg collection since the Nugs releases tend to sound so much better on average. So I haven't listened to this show in a long long time. 

wow we're thinking oppositely on this; I worry about the nugs releases because sometimes there isn't enough audience, the guitar is also sometimes way, WAY too low (on solos!); the bootlegs, for the vast, vast majority of, I can "trust", so to speak (of documenting the shows actually as they can with much more limited equipment). Just don't throw away your bootleg collection!

I gotta get this show, I sure hope it's as fun as the original CC boot was, is...the IEM/audience matrixes of this, though acclaimed by some fans, just don't cut it for me - I can't hear the crowd going nuts over what Bruce is actually doing.

6 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

sometimes there isn't enough audience

I agree with this. Listen to the Girls in Their Summer Clothes sample, it sounds like there's hardly anyone in attendance.

Not all the Nugs releases have been great; the ones from the eighties didn't sound as good as I'd hoped ( usual criticisms, guitars too low etc etc) and I find the Agora '78 release painful to listen to, but Agora aside they're a million times better than any boots I've heard. The last two Nugs releases have been great sound wise. I haven't heard an audience recording that comes even close.

Great to see a release from the Magic tour including a lot of songs from that album which is in my opinion an underrated album

50 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Not all the Nugs releases have been great; the ones from the eighties didn't sound as good as I'd hoped ( usual criticisms, guitars too low etc etc) and I find the Agora '78 release painful to listen to, but Agora aside they're a million times better than any boots I've heard. The last two Nugs releases have been great sound wise. I haven't heard an audience recording that comes even close.

I've got all of the 2017 Australia/NZ tour in HD and they all sound outstanding. 

awsome

just woke up to this

this is what long weekends and crappy whether are made for

enjoy everyone !!

1 hour ago, Marnix said:

which is in my opinion an underrated album

It is often said Magic is an underrated album, but is it really? Most fans seems to love it.

Also not underrated by general music press who gave Magic very good reviews at the time of release.

5 hours ago, bobfan1976 said:

Although still no electric Reason To Believe which is  a shame as I think it's easily one of Bruce's most powerful rearrangements. 

I'm happy to have a Magic show, and they picked a great one (and I was there! :)), but it really is a shame that we're still missing Reason to Believe (from the Magic Tour) Devil's Arcade, and Magic. For that reason, I hope we might still get a show from earlier in the tour.

5 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

So, you people in the know, is this one I really should get? I am not in the habit of buying many as I just never get round to listening to them all. I tend to get the ones I was at, for the memories, and then others which come highly recommended and this one seems to fit into the latter category.

If you've never heard it or don't have it, I'd recommend getting it for historical reasons.

4 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Patti Scialfa is not present.

No, she wasn't, yet the credits have Patti listed and omitted Soozie. Careless. <_<

Thank God!  Happy Friday y'all!

41 minutes ago, Lampi said:

It is often said Magic is an underrated album, but is it really? Most fans seems to love it.

Also not underrated by general music press who gave Magic very good reviews at the time of release.

Fair Point...Would you settle for " generally underplayed post 2008" :)

4 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Downloaded it straight away. Probably one of the best setlists I've ever seen,

Except for 15 minutes of Mary's Place. Ugh.

55 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Yeah, I don't get how a fan favorite that sold well and got good reviews is underrated.

Great to see a Magic show being released at long last...and one of the best from the tour with a superb setlist.

Will order the CD for this one...really hope the sound is as good as the Paris River show.

4 hours ago, bobfan1976 said:

I liked the Agora 78 bootleg so much better than the official Archive release...

2 hours ago, misty rain said:

I

No, she wasn't, yet the credits have Patti listed and omitted Soozie. Careless. <_<

hmmmmmmmm

1 hour ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Ive watched this video alot. Been at least 9 or 10 years since he played it. 

Indeed a criminally underplayed cover song only 2 outings (St Louis in 2008 and Sunrise in 2009) since a similarly epic 1975 show in Atlanta that featured

When you walk in the room,  and It's gonna work out fine