Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CosmicKid

Sorry about the unstable service

It appeared to be fixed yesterday, but now the problems seem to be back. 

But it's computers - you fix one problem and it comes back like a boomerang with another 10 issues to deal with.

2 hours ago, Silvia said:

It appeared to be fixed yesterday, but now the problems seem to be back. 

But it's computers - you fix one problem and it comes back like a boomerang with another 10 issues to deal with.

Agreed!  For several days, on and off, along with the other problems mentioned, there are certain threads in the AP I was unable to open.  

I thought everything was ok, but I just tried a few, and... Nope!  No playing in the Park yet! 

Thanks for all of your hard work (Karsten? Mikey? Both?) guys!  I have every confidence all will be well soon :)  

Yeah, thanks for trying to get it sorted

I remain convinced it is Mikey's fault

33 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Noticed it was acting up again after I posted something.

Guys I think I'm the problem :o

It doesn't like me for sure, my posts are appearing in the thread, but not updating on the leaderboard! I just posted on the poll thread, to ask a question, but also to bump it up to remind those who haven't voted yet, but it's still languishing near the bottom of the page.

The problems only seem to be happening in the Underworld/Fight club forum for me. I've noticed I've been able to click on threads and respond without issues on all forums except the FC.

I know how to fix it. Still working on keeping it fixed and finding out exactly what's causing it.

15 minutes ago, CosmicKid said:

I know how to fix it. Still working on keeping it fixed and finding out exactly what's causing it.

Great news! Thank you for all you do.

Seems fixed to me

51 minutes ago, CosmicKid said:

Thanks for all your efforts Karsten.

Anybody seen cabby?

I reckon you don't have to look any further. Eh @cabbyian?

1 hour ago, CosmicKid said:

Thank you.

On 4/26/2017 at 0:47 PM, CosmicKid said:

Well, I fixed it, but it remains to be seen if it's a permanent fix or what. I have reason to be optimistic. 

Look, just because you changed my password and prevented me from "fixing" it any more, doesn't mean it's fixed permanently.

But now that you gave me the idea, I am going to go change Andrew's password ;)

4 hours ago, JustDan said:

The problems only seem to be happening in the Underworld/Fight club forum for me. I've noticed I've been able to click on threads and respond without issues on all forums except the FC.

I suggest we simply shut that forum down for about 3 years and 9 more months, give or take a little

2 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Look, just because you changed my password and prevented me from "fixing" it any more, doesn't mean it's fixed permanently.

But now that you gave me the idea, I am going to go change Andrew's password ;)

that  would be a wise move

On 23/04/2017 at 11:03 PM, Born To Walk said:

If I try and upload a photograph I get a message "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. Please contact us for assistance"

Is this a linked problem? I've not had a problem before.

Me too 

But I'm destrout to think we are missing your photos and postings of weird and wonderful things 

3 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

I suggest we simply shut that forum down for about 3 years and 9 more months, give or take a little

Well I want to like that but I would die of isolation first 

And besides Trump is going go be impeached real soon........

Anyway too think I have been blaming my new phone for most of my problems

I'm sorry Mr Samsung 

8 hours ago, JustDan said:

I blame Trump for everything

Even things completely unrelated like I miss the train or I burn dinner 

It's all Trump's fault 

hay 

alert the media 

I can post pictures again

maxresdefault.jpg

I know a picture of Bruce would have been more appropriate but I don't have any 

Seems the issue of updated threads / posts has resurfaced....not showing updated threads when I browse forums. 

Yes, the issue is the updating of the database - so sometimes your new post is visible and there, but it doesn't show on the main page of that forum.

We can correct it manually and it works for a while, but the Webmaster is still trying to get it corrected.

Thanks for your patience,

Can we help Mr. T if you put it into gear we could all give it ONE BIG PUSH!  thanks for all your hard work Guys

5 hours ago, tie that bind said:

Can we help Mr. T if you put it into gear we could all give it ONE BIG PUSH!  thanks for all your hard work Guys

For goodness sake don't ask ME to help! I'd put the board in a worse position that Mikey has ;):lol: