Greasy Lake Community

Random Thoughts + Discussion: Springsteen edition

I'm contemplating adding discussion to the title so this is properly relevant:

Deleting studio albums was the best thing I could've done, as Live in New York City is once again the greatest thing on the planet. #WhatisOldisNewAgain

Here's a random thought though to keep in theme. Why the fuck were Backstreets, Darkness, Light of Day, The Promise, Thunder Road, My Hometown and This Hard Land not on the official CD release? Somewhere in an alternate reality 2013 me is seething.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Why the hell was Preacher's Daughter never released?!

There's another one for Tracks 2

10 hours ago, tie that bind said:

I have often thought why does  Bruce shortchange himself he has such a great deal of fantastic songs under his belt and yet we only hear a limited amount live and I have said before you can only feel a song by hearing it performed live.

I posted something about this on another thread last week. Basically if Bruce wants the casual fan to know some of these songs, the best thing he can do is play them consistently. 

There is no excuse for him playing The Price You Pay only 4 times between May 1981 and January 2016. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

There's another one for Tracks 2

I posted something about this on another thread last week. Basically if Bruce wants the casual fan to know some of these songs, the best thing he can do is play them consistently. 

There is no excuse for him playing The Price You Pay only 4 times between May 1981 and January 2016. 

Don`t get me wrong I do respect Bruce`s judgment on what he sings at a show why wouldn't I because I have never come out of a show not having had a bloody good time and  in the end, a true fan( whatever that is) will always try to pursue that one song they would love to hear . just a random thought .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Why were Backstreets, Darkness, Light of Day, The Promise, Thunder Road, My Hometown and This Hard Land not on the official CD release?

They could have been on a 3 CD set, with other songs from the MSG shows.

As the reality was not a 3 CD but a 2 CD set, for the 'bonus tracks' it is likely they did not include Backstreets, Darkness, Light of Day, Thunder Road and My Hometown because they were already on Live 1975/85 and/or MTV Plugged. Instead they included If I Should Fall Behind, which was a cornerstone of the 1999-2000 setlists; the acoustic BUSA; and the 4 other 'bonus tracks' which were not on Live 1975/85 or Plugged.

This all not a reason not to include The Promise or This Hard Land. Or to release a 3CD set with the complete 1.7.2000 show (or the complete 29.6.2000 show, but 1.7.2000 makes more sense).

Edit: also, which songs should have been left out in favour of The Promise and This Hard Land? (I  would say the 15 minutes or so of Tenth Avenue should have been kicked of the cd, in favour of The Promise, This Hard Land and maybe another song (yes: 15 minutes; that's 3 other songs!).

25 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Edit: also, which songs should have been left out in favour of The Promise and This Hard Land? (I  would say the 15 minutes or so of Tenth Avenue should have been kicked of the cd, in favour of The Promise, This Hard Land and maybe another song (yes: 15 minutes; that's 3 other songs!).

None, there should have been 22 songs on instead of 20. 

4 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Why do I, a heterosexual man, find Bruce Springsteen so damned handsome?

That's so funny

My best Bruce bud is exactly the same

I think Bruce talked about it once 

I can't remember the name he have to this phinominu. But amongst us we understand 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, misty rain said:

I'm not sure who she is- I think maybe she's from The Bachelor (?). Found a random gif. But yes, I'd say she's pretty. Not beautiful, but pretty. At least, in this photo.

Not as pretty as this

newsGlastoSteam.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Isn't it time for a third album with "Born" in the title?

Imagine the Born Trilogy Deluxe Edition...

Looks awesome, doesn't it?

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Lampi said:

Tenth Avenue on Live in NYC Cd is the versions from 29.6.2000 and 1.7.2000 mixed up in 3: first part and last part from 1.7.2000 and middle of the song from 29.6.2000 (OR first and last part from 29.6.2000 and middle from 1.7.2000).

OK, I have to ask…:P

You are a walking talking Bruce Encyclopedia.... I always find your posts very informative, interesting and credible. But where do you find all these details? Is it all in your head or you have to look it up somewhere?

It's great BTW, don't stop..
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tie that bind said:

What do days won on members pages mean?

I think it means days where you've gotten the most likes? I'm not too sure. But I saw you just followed me, and I noticed we have the same birthday !!!