Greasy Lake Community

Random Thoughts + Discussion: Springsteen edition

8 hours ago, LONDONCALLING said:

Yeah, I am irritating anyone who I can with my countdown to next Wednesday.

Don't worry me too! I didn't think I'd ever get the chance to countdown again so I'm happy 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, -Sussudio- said:

Remember that brief moment in time when Bruce himself was the user of his official instagram account and posted cute things like his bedhead and Florida visits? 

That was the reason I signed up to it myself and now it's my favourite form of social media.

"His Insta is so elitist now"

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

When listening to Murder Inc. whilst walking, does anyone actually "check over their shoulder" when Bruce sings those lyrics?

No? Me neither.

:unsure:

No.

But I always reply as sweetly as I can to Bruce when he questions: "Sylvia, how do you call your loverboy?" 

:)

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

When listening to Murder Inc. whilst walking, does anyone actually "check over their shoulder" when Bruce sings those lyrics?

No? Me neither.

:unsure:

No, but I do occasionally hide behind a rubbish bin while on the backstreets

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, LONDONCALLING said:

Yeah, I am irritating anyone who I can with my countdown to next Wednesday.

My countdown stands at 170 days 14 hours 59 minutes and I'm driving everybody mad with it!!!:P

• Haha 3

Been tidying up around my room and found this homeboy kicking about in a draw. Bought this for a flight home from Florida about 7/8 years ago and didn't know where it was placed. 

IMG_2909.thumb.JPG.b859aac5e9f5bc850f37eed918d642ff.JPG

As far as Bruce's songs in it go: BTR is 21st, just missing out of a page dedicated to it, so it has to settle for a little article. Thunder Road is like 86th or something, BITUSA is... somewhere, and The Rising does get a whole two whopping pages dedicated to it, at the place of 497. 

The two page spread gives us this famous picture. 

IMG_2911.thumb.JPG.fd7e4b10fb796d5afa0a23330cc5d078.JPG

• Like 2

You might recall that sometime last year I deleted all studio albums from my iTunes in favour of primarily listening to live Bruce. Well, after going on YouTube and playing the first so many seconds of each song on the BITUSA album, I'd say that decision was a success. Having not heard these studio versions in ages I'm getting cool, weird vibes and a shot of nostalgia that had long faded.

Also, I need to start listening to No Surrender a lot more again.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 9:39 AM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

"Springsteen has been an underground cult figure, a legend, a dreamer, a prisoner of Rock 'N' Roll"

Any older fans remember hearing this on the radio back in the day?

Yes I most certainly do.  Made my 15 year old self’s heart palpitate. Still does.  Every darn time.  

BTW... Thank you for saying ‘older’ as opposed to ‘old!’ :D 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yes I most certainly do.  Made my 15 year old self’s heart palpitate. Still does.  Every darn time.  

BTW... Thank you for saying ‘older’ as opposed to ‘old!’ :D 

"This is the year the world discovers Bruce Springsteen" - that radio announcer definitely won the 1975 prediction competition! :lol: