Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Random Thoughts + Discussion: Springsteen edition


Recommended Posts

On 4/2/2018 at 10:43 PM, Jimmy James said:

@AMIW, @Wasted in the heat, @cobalt, @BruceHistory, I think I got all you Atlanta guys. Was working though the Night tonight. ESR was playing the April 2014 show from Atlanta. The music/show sounded wonderful. But the crowd, you guys were kicking it. Damn I wish I was there with you guys.

Yep, I was there, and you can hear me on the recording. I'm the guy saying "Bruuuuce!" between the songs.:D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What were they thinking when they choose the front cover photo for the Human Touch album?

-some pundits now responding there are many things about that album for which you can say 'what were they thinking?'-

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Wow, never thought I'd say this but we really need something new. Beside pulling this tread off the second page. The top 7 threads are a couple years old but the Broadway extended pined thread.

Yeah, really boring times on here. Hopefully something happens or something gets posted soon enough that starts a bit of discussion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/04/2018 at 7:50 AM, Lampi said:

What were they thinking when they choose the front cover photo for the Human Touch album?

-some pundits now responding there are many things about that album for which you can say 'what were they thinking?'-

I actually don't mind it.

The one cover that really annoys me is the CD version of LINYC. Apart from the cheap looking yellow and orange colours, why does it feature a BITUSA era picture (albeit a good one)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

I actually don't mind it.

The one cover that really annoys me is the CD version of LINYC. Apart from the cheap looking yellow and orange colours, why does it feature a BITUSA era picture (albeit a good one)?

I think they just wanted something a silhouette of Bruce and Clarence and it didn't matter what era it was taken from. I agree about the colour scheme though, there's always been something off-putting about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The main product was the Live In NYC DVD and it seems the Live In NYC CD was just a spin-off from the DVD that did not get much attention, giving it lousy, lazy package and other things (like Born To Run which was put at the end of the first disc at the last moment etc.).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

The main product was the Live In NYC DVD and it seems the Live In NYC CD was just a spin-off from the DVD that did not get much attention, giving it lousy, lazy package and other things (like Born To Run which was put at the end of the first disc at the last moment etc.).

In Australia at least, the CD was released quite a while before the DVD came out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

In Australia at least, the CD was released quite a while before the DVD came out.

That is not what I meant. Maybe I should not have used the word 'spin-off'.

I meant Bruce Inc. Likely spend a lot of time and dedicaton on the DVD and not that much on the CD(it seems).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Lampi said:

That is not what I meant. Maybe I should not have used the word 'spin-off'.

I meant Bruce Inc. Likely spend a lot of time and dedicaton on the DVD and not that much on the CD(it seems).

As I understand it, the whole LINYC thing was originally a HBO television special. I don't know how big a deal it was in terms of viewers, but maybe the CD was rush released to capitalise on that exposure while they worked on the more expansive DVD release.

Whatever the case, for mine the NYC 2000 Nugs release (from superior cover art onwards) has pretty much obsoleted the original LINYC cd

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got home after a hard weeks work, cracked a Coopers Sparkling Ale and put on the BITUSA live 2013 DVD.

I must say, for all our bitchin about overplayed BITUSA material etc etc this thing always gets me in a great mood. If I put it on from the start, I always watch the whole thing and find I'm usually grinning like a loon the whole time.

Just a great hour or so of entertaining but undemanding live Bruce from recent times. Love it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh my. We have a somewhat eccentric bloke who, I think, lives a fantasy life as an American cop. He drives round in a car which is made to look like an American police car - 'protect and serve' on the side, some flashing light arrangement on the top, etc. Anyway, I was just walking through town when he drove past, windows open, Born in the USA at high volume - how very embarrassing!!

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ann Jones said:

Oh my. We have a somewhat eccentric bloke who, I think, lives a fantasy life as an American cop. He drives round in a car which is made to look like an American police car - 'protect and serve' on the side, some flashing light arrangement on the top, etc. Anyway, I was just walking through town when he drove past, windows open, Born in the USA at high volume - how very embarrassing!!

He sounds like he could be interested in BitUSA underwear. :P

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, Ann Jones said:

Oh my. We have a somewhat eccentric bloke who, I think, lives a fantasy life as an American cop. He drives round in a car which is made to look like an American police car - 'protect and serve' on the side, some flashing light arrangement on the top, etc. Anyway, I was just walking through town when he drove past, windows open, Born in the USA at high volume - how very embarrassing!!

At least it wasn't  - Waiting On a Sunny Day!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2018 at 8:21 AM, Ann Jones said:

Oh my. We have a somewhat eccentric bloke who, I think, lives a fantasy life as an American cop. He drives round in a car which is made to look like an American police car - 'protect and serve' on the side, some flashing light arrangement on the top, etc. Anyway, I was just walking through town when he drove past, windows open, Born in the USA at high volume - how very embarrassing!!

Oh dear.  :o

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

I had a dream last night that on the next ESB tour there were three new members; Robert De Niro in the horn section, Al Pacino on piano instead of Roy and Chris Martin on backing vocals/acoustic guitar! 

You had a Pepperoni Pizza for dinner didn't you? :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s less than 6 weeks now until I see Bruce again and I’m starting to get that twitchy, kid on Christmas Eve feeling. I can’t wait to hear Born To Run again! For a THIRD time!! A third time! I’m so excited. Who’d have thought. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...