Paolo's Circus Story

Random Thoughts + Discussion: Springsteen edition

3 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Oh, and "Where the Bands Are" is the best ever. This has no connection to Springsteen on Broadway unfortunately, but it still needs to be said.

Go take a look at the video for the Detroit Medley from Tempe, @Paolo's Circus Story - Bruce's facial expressions are video essence!

• Like 1

Damn!  Just look at that.  11 mins of rock n roll heaven.

It. Never. Gets. Old.

NOW do y'all understand why Shout as a closer just shits me to tears?????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jukebox said:

Damn!  Just look at that.  11 mins of rock n roll heaven.

It. Never. Gets. Old.

NOW do y'all understand why Shout as a closer just shits me to tears?????

QUINTESSENCE.

Seriously, I owe a massive apology to all you "Medley" enthusiasts out there for that poll tournament in 2017. Jukebox, Billy, ENJ. I think Daisey was an advocate for it, and the rest of you.

It really is the best and I can't believe I 'campaigned' to try and prove otherwise. 

• Bruuuuce! 1

Apology accepted, my friend.   I have been a disciple for the Medley since it first got FM radio airplay here in Oz when the No Nukes was released.

I've always felt that it was the perfect "leave nothing in the tank" show closer - that one final conflagration that burns up anything you have left, and leaves it as vapour in the auditorium.  And maybe that's why I hate on Shout so much - it's just meh, and bland... (I actually like the Johnny O'Keefe version, so it's not the song, it's Bruce's rendition that leaves me soul-less...)

Maybe we need a poll for the perfect show closer?  I suspect it'd be a three-way run off between Twist and Shout, Medley, and Rosalita?

59 minutes ago, jukebox said:

59 minutes ago, jukebox said:

Maybe we need a poll for the perfect show closer?  I suspect it'd be a three-way run off between Twist and Shout, Medley, and Rosalita?

Quarter To Three for mine with Detroit a close second. Personally, I'd take Shout ahead of Twist And Shout but I'd presume that's a minority opinion

So I was going through old shirts to give away, and I found this mastapiece. Old shirt I made probably around 4-5 years ago, wore it when I saw Springsteen & I in theatres with a friend of mine.

IMG_20190105_221913594.thumb.jpg.9020f01ed24691e3e9f82db14353b314.jpgIMG_20190105_221928370.thumb.jpg.b7ed88f85165abdbb368db011d43884b.jpg

40 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Personally, I'd take Shout ahead of Twist And Shout but I'd presume that's a minority opinion

*crickets*

10 hours ago, jukebox said:

And Quarter To Three, and Raise Your Hand...

And Higher And Higher from Boston 25 March 1977.

And My Beautiful Reward in 1992.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lampi said:

And Quarter To Three, and Raise Your Hand...

And Higher And Higher from Boston 25 March 1977.

And My Beautiful Reward in 1992.

That's probably the best version of higher and higher, above the Rock hall performance and HSBC Arena in 2009

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lilbud said:

That's probably the best version of higher and higher,

The encore itself could also be the best encore ever; and the show itself the greatest show ever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

and the show itself the greatest show ever.

Not so sure about that one chief. It's up there, but definitely not the best.

Ken Bruce show this week, Radio 2. SOB is the album of the week.

Don't say I tell you nothing!

Which bit's that?

35 minutes ago, -Sussudio- said:

Why do people get hit so hard emotionally by the "I gotcha" bit in SOB?

Not sure.  I honestly didn’t hear it during the live performance -  only noticed it on the Netflix show.  And it really does touch me.  

On 1/5/2019 at 11:13 PM, Bosstralian said:

Quarter To Three for mine with Detroit a close second. Personally, I'd take Shout ahead of Twist And Shout but I'd presume that's a minority opinion

I’d far rather have Twist and Shout than Shout.  

• Like 1

So I've only just found out today that Bruce played the Bridge School Benefit in 1995 as well as 1986, but in seeing for how many years these concerts were held, I'm honestly surprised he only played it twice. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Rachel's been hard at work! ;) 

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, outdoor

This is so cool! I actually want it :lol: minus Lucky Town because he looks like some sort of drug lord in that 

4 hours ago, rachelharms said:

This is so cool! I actually want it :lol: minus Lucky Town because he looks like some sort of drug lord in that 

I LOVE that Lucky Town photo!  :D

On 1/5/2019 at 8:57 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Seriously, I owe a massive apology to all you "Medley" enthusiasts out there for that poll tournament in 2017. Jukebox, Billy, ENJ. I think Daisey was an advocate for it, and the rest of you.

It really is the best and I can't believe I 'campaigned' to try and prove otherwise. 

Ah, The Medley... My all time most very favorite encore (or whenever he chooses to throw it in!) as well. 

Glad you’ve seen the light :D

Apology accepted. 

• Like 2