Paolo's Circus Story

Random Thoughts + Discussion: Springsteen edition

Unsatisfied Heart is also very surreal. I find it interesting that only the speaker has a name. The town, the wife, the kids, the stranger, the sin - they all go unnamed. That's very unusual in Bruce's work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

Unsatisfied Heart is also very surreal. I find it interesting that only the speaker has a name. The town, the wife, the kids, the stranger, the sin - they all go unnamed. That's very unusual in Bruce's work.

.....hmmm

i never thought of that before

that's why i love this place :)

• Like 1

The Carousel show might have started uploading to YT, not available from my location, but possibly for other people (maybe NZ and Australia).

image.thumb.png.a92b32e658f06e8f422c3318525b1857.png

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lilbud said:

The Carousel show might have started uploading to YT, not available from my location, but possibly for other people (maybe NZ and Australia).

image.thumb.png.a92b32e658f06e8f422c3318525b1857.png

is it this

https://youtu.be/M6MZjHZXRl0

sorry i can't enbed videos from my phone 

where do you live lilbud ?

i was reading the words to if i should fall behind

they are very appropreate for dementia and altzimers :(

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

is it this

https://youtu.be/M6MZjHZXRl0

sorry i can't enbed videos from my phone 

where do you live lilbud ?

Jersey. It was uploaded in 2011, but the new upload date of 12/5/19 (today) is curious

27 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Jersey. It was uploaded in 2011, but the new upload date of 12/5/19 (today) is curious

oh 

otherwise you are very lucky to live in the chosen land 

maybe it's a date thing, and you will be able to see it in a few hours 

So a week ago today, I happened to win an entire collection of 44 7” Bruce Springsteen records on eBay! I could’ve cried with happiness as I’ve been trying my hardest to collect the last couple of years. They finally arrived on Tuesday and oh my god!!! I would usually post this in Record Machine but I just need everyone to see how pretty they are! Now I just have to try and get the photos to work.. 

F2B61824-817E-457A-B3CF-165677EB62A2.thumb.jpeg.f9c6c56f68417e84258e746f18392d99.jpeg57993892-5335-46BF-8797-4A11878B1754.thumb.jpeg.9bb50f729dde5876a86ca137a0294042.jpeg51D3F4DA-492B-4D38-A774-E41C6B0E2F7B.thumb.jpeg.5751100e1f7f7927754dbb7cbd81d14b.jpeg82155588-F343-4118-BECC-89E21E343669.thumb.jpeg.1e5e6c8f741bc20beb88dd8fcf09d308.jpeg

These are some of my favourites... the collection includes Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, US and European/UK versions! There are a couple of Bootlegs too (including Birmingham, UK 1981), and a set of picture disc records of interviews. 

There’s so many more, including a few cool ones like ones that include a tour patch and posters etc. There’s also a few I have, but that’s maybe only like 3/4. 

They’ve made me so happy and I can’t wait to listen to them all and cherish them forever and ever! 

It did take me about an hour to update my Discogs though..

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 4

1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

So a week ago today, I happened to win an entire collection of 44 7” Bruce Springsteen records on eBay! I could’ve cried with happiness as I’ve been trying my hardest to collect the last couple of years. They finally arrived on Tuesday and oh my god!!! I would usually post this in Record Machine but I just need everyone to see how pretty they are! Now I just have to try and get the photos to work.. 

F2B61824-817E-457A-B3CF-165677EB62A2.thumb.jpeg.f9c6c56f68417e84258e746f18392d99.jpeg57993892-5335-46BF-8797-4A11878B1754.thumb.jpeg.9bb50f729dde5876a86ca137a0294042.jpeg51D3F4DA-492B-4D38-A774-E41C6B0E2F7B.thumb.jpeg.5751100e1f7f7927754dbb7cbd81d14b.jpeg82155588-F343-4118-BECC-89E21E343669.thumb.jpeg.1e5e6c8f741bc20beb88dd8fcf09d308.jpeg

These are some of my favourites... the collection includes Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, US and European/UK versions! There are a couple of Bootlegs too (including Birmingham, UK 1981), and a set of picture disc records of interviews. 

There’s so many more, including a few cool ones like ones that include a tour patch and posters etc. There’s also a few I have, but that’s maybe only like 3/4. 

They’ve made me so happy and I can’t wait to listen to them all and cherish them forever and ever! 

It did take me about an hour to update my Discogs though..

fabulous its gone to such a good home

congratulations on such a wounderful find, you did very well :)

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

fabulous its gone to such a good home

congratulations on such a wounderful find, you did very well :)

I would’ve been so sad if it’d gone to someone who didn’t care about Bruce and just wanted to sell them on individually at crazy prices so I tried my hardest to make sure I won them so I could appreciate them properly. I won the bidding with only seconds to go!! 

thank you :) 

• Love Love Love! 2

1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

I would’ve been so sad if it’d gone to someone who didn’t care about Bruce and just wanted to sell them on individually at crazy prices so I tried my hardest to make sure I won them so I could appreciate them properly. I won the bidding with only seconds to go!! 

that's too bad it was a bidding war but good you won all the same

Random thoughts, Springsteen discussion?

I think $36 is ridiculous and unfair to charge, by Bruce and Landau, for the Western Stars Blu-ray coming out on the 19th.

That's WAY too high of a list price.

Don't be surprised if they raise the price for the next archive releases, if they're doing this greedy deal.

It should be a $20 list or so.

$36 is just not right.

(as for the response of "You don't have to buy it!" - I know; I ain't doing to now. I planned on it before.)

3 hours ago, rachelharms said:

my God, those must have cost a fortune...

hmm so we not only lost a few days of posts on here (as well as obviously no access for the following last few days)

but I see I lost part of my signature, as well as my latest avatar,,,

that's fine, glad to be able to be back on.

strange. I don't know the way it all works...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

I didn't like to ask Rachel but I'm intrigued too :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

6 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

I didn't like to ask Rachel but I'm intrigued too :)

£255! But when I added them to my discogs it put my collections worth up by like another £600?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rachelharms said:

£255! But when I added them to my discogs it put my collections worth up by like another £600?!

There are quite some rare singles in the collection, congratulations!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

There are quite some rare singles in the collection, congratulations!

Thank you!! I’ve always wanted a Born To Run single, so I’m happy!

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

5 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

I think $36 is ridiculous and unfair to charge, by Bruce and Landau, for the Western Stars Blu-ray coming out on the 19th.

Don't be surprised if they raise the price for the next archive releases, if they're doing this greedy deal.

$36 is just not right.

(as for the response of "You don't have to buy it!" - I know; I ain't doing to now. I planned on it before.)

strangely more expensive in USA £19.99 here which is about $25 i think,  but as i dont watch dvds very often not got blue ray dvd is £14.99, about $20 but i havent bothered at minute, maybe santa might be genorous

9 hours ago, rachelharms said:

that would be like a million NZ dollars :lol:

5 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Thank you!! I’ve always wanted a Born To Run single, so I’m happy!

wow !:o :)

im impressed 

i have to start using a bigger screen :lol:

Reading now in a Dutch music magazine a review of Western Stars-Songs From The Film (The live album) which mentions the song 'Born On The Run' (sic). And I think the writer in fact means Born In The U.S.A. (the song).

What shall we do with this man?

BTW it is a very negative review.

• Sad 1

On 12/12/2019 at 6:35 AM, soulcrusader78 said:

$36 is just not right.

Wow that is a RIDICULOUS price. I'm sure it will drop sooner or later. I've never heard of a new Blu-Ray release costing that much.

Well it was only January 2nd when I got my first speeding ticket of the new year last night on the way home from work. 

I blame it totally on Prove It All Night 9/20/78 Passaic. I even told that to the officer, hoping for a Springsteen fan, to let me off.  Nope

• Bruuuuce! 1