Paolo's Circus Story

Random Thoughts + Discussion: Springsteen edition

23 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Well it was only January 2nd when I got my first speeding ticket of the new year last night on the way home from work. 

I blame it totally on Prove It All Night 9/20/78 Passaic. I ever told that to the officer, hoping for a Springsteen fan, to let me off.  Nope

"Hey, are you listening to that Rock and Roll singer? I got some of his records... and son, you're in a lot of trouble". 

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Well it was only January 2nd when I got my first speeding ticket of the new year last night on the way home from work. 

I blame it totally on Prove It All Night 9/20/78 Passaic. I even told that to the officer, hoping for a Springsteen fan, to let me off.  Nope

This happened to me in the early ‘80s.   I was working in upstate NY, in the town in which I went to college, for a year, right after graduation. 

Anyway, I was driving down a rural road with Rosie BLASTING, and didn’t see the officer’s party light switch on behind me.  He was following me for about two miles before I realized. 

I was also hoping for a fellow fan.  Nope.  As expected, he was not amused... 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

He was following me for about two miles before I realized. 

Well, even if he was a fan, that is a bit much, NO! 

• Haha 2

On 12/15/2019 at 5:43 PM, HeroOfVirtue said:

Wow that is a RIDICULOUS price. I'm sure it will drop sooner or later. I've never heard of a new Blu-Ray release costing that much.

Not really.  Not from what I’ve seen.  Concert DVD/Blu-ray prices seem to start out high, then drop.  

For example I saw a Billy Joel live at Shea that was $40.00 when it first was released. Eric Clapton had one I saw advertised at first for $70.00.  Both came down in price.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

Well, even if he was a fan, that is a bit much, NO! 

Yes sir! 

I was young, and was on a deserted road in between towns.  I had just finished working my Saturday job, was in a great mood, ready to relax until Monday morning, 

Didn’t hear the siren as I was listening at an ear splitting volume.  Didn’t see the lights (or the sign indicating the speed change as I was nearing the town) as I was singing along all involved with Bruce.  

Ah well... lesson learned! 

• Bruuuuce! 1

5 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yes sir! 

I was young, and was on a deserted road in between towns.  I had just finished working my Saturday job, was in a great mood, ready to relax until Monday morning, 

Didn’t hear the siren as I was listening at an ear splitting volume.  Didn’t see the lights (or the sign indicating the speed change as I was nearing the town) as I was singing along all involved with Bruce.  

so you didn't see this? Maybe we had a bit to much Smoke? 

image.png.c98fd66239c1dba720a4b5baad97569d.png

Well... it was the day time.  So nothing to light up against the dark. 

Nope.  Never smoked anything JJ.  And before you ask, save a very few times very early in my college career, I never drank either.  Still don’t. Don’t like the taste.  At all.  Bleh! 

Sorry to disappoint.  I was simply lost in the Bruce juice.  

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yes sir! 

You take a right at the lights ... ;)

Now then, if only someone would remind me what Brucie song that comes from? :lol: I haven't a clue!

Ha! I got lost in the Metrocentre today and ended up looking for a certain fashion range in a huge store … and got lost again.

I went up to an assistant and said 'I seem to have taken a right at the light and ended up in the mens department'. :D

• Haha 3

On 12/16/2019 at 9:25 AM, Lampi said:

Reading now in a Dutch music magazine a review of Western Stars-Songs From The Film (The live album) which mentions the song 'Born On The Run' (sic). And I think the writer in fact means Born In The U.S.A. (the song).

What shall we do with this man?

BTW it is a very negative review.

Im only just read this now

Borris is prepairing a nice paper bag to be left on his doorstep preferably lite on fire as you ring the door bell

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

This happened to me in the early ‘80s.   I was working in upstate NY, in the town in which I went to college, for a year, right after graduation. 

Anyway, I was driving down a rural road with Rosie BLASTING, and didn’t see the officer’s party light switch on behind me.  He was following me for about two miles before I realized. 

I was also hoping for a fellow fan.  Nope.  As expected, he was not amused... 

This is Sprinsteen gold ! 

Someday  day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I blame it totally on Prove It All Night 9/20/78 Passaic. I even told that to the officer, hoping for a Springsteen fan, to let me off.  Nope

Its a great song

It was worth it Jimmy 

Not really $300 worth! :huh: Do you think I can send that bill to ESR at Sirius XM? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

You take a right at the lights

Well, technically it’s take a right at the ‘light,’ as in stop light, so you know... doesn’t count :D.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Not really $300 worth! :huh: Do you think I can send that bill to ESR at Sirius XM? 

Send it to JLM ;)

Played a game with my niece, today, kind of like Password. Her team mate  had to  guess the word or phrase she described.

Her clue: “It’s a song by Bruce Springsteen”.  

Answer: Hitch Hiking. 

That’s my girl. 

• Love Love Love! 3

I had a vision of Bruce dressed as Freddy Mercury in I Want To Break Through video, and that just lifted my mood imensly.

I was listening to My Lover Man.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I had a vision of Bruce dressed as Freddy Mercury in I Want To Break Through video

That is a horror movie.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lampi said:

That is a horror movie.

No, not really. My scene had this Tarantino vibe, it was really cool. :)

• Bruuuuce! 1

I have proclaimed today, with my very limited knowledge of music, that Bruce Springsteen and The E-Street Band recording of Prove It All Night on the night 9/20/1978, the best recording of any music ever!!!!!

• Love Love Love! 1

21 hours ago, Silvia said:

I had a vision of Bruce dressed as Freddy Mercury in I Want To Break Through video, and that just lifted my mood imensly.

I was listening to My Lover Man.

21 hours ago, Lampi said:

That is a horror movie.

10 hours ago, Silvia said:

No, not really. My scene had this Tarantino vibe, it was really cool. :)

n2lxdcvlirm31.jpg?width=1000&auto=webp&s

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

So I'm taking a class on American Music this semester. And yes, the book does cover Bruce, but pretty poorly. (The 2 examples are Born to Run and Thunder Road).

image.thumb.png.f4bd0b23c1af07813e3665204b1fb984.png