Paolo's Circus Story

Random Thoughts + Discussion: Springsteen edition

On 5/23/2020 at 9:10 AM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Other than the obvious Apple Music are trying to melt my brain, I guess they just won't allow Archive releases to show on the system. 

A good reason to stick to buying cds and making your own playlist 

• Like 2

It's just part of the language so but I do tend to notice when I see people use it. Quote from Hanks on COVID: “Look, there’s no law against ignorance. It’s not illegal to have opinions that are wrong,” Hanks said on NBC’s “Today.” “But there is a darkness on the edge of town here folks, and ... let’s not confuse the fact: it’s killing people."

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Was Nils not referring to Western Stars? It sounded kinda past tense to me. 

I don't think so.  He was talking about an album the band would have been touring with.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

From BTX

70310687_Screenshot2020-07-07at19_31_23.thumb.png.751a6f7775c57c80c48743e2fc4b8801.png

giphy.gif

Ha ha, you be careful over there. That place is like the alternate reality Hill Valley of Bruce fandom...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Was Nils not referring to Western Stars? It sounded kinda past tense to me. 

Haven't re-listened this morning but I'm sure Nils said the album was  "in the works"

• Like 2

Has there been a 'Best guest appearance with Bruce & ESB' poll on Greasy Lake?Watched a lot of videos today of Eddie Vedder,as well as Bono and u2, playing with Bruce and the band,was wondering has it been done on here before.

11 hours ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

'Best guest appearance with Bruce & ESB' poll on Greasy Lake?

Tom Waits on Jersey Girl, Patti Smith on Because The Night, many Southside Johnny guesting (and vice versa of course) over the years.

But...there are quite some of them which could qualify as candidate for 'Worst guest appearance'.... 

Let's just say guest appearances -in general, not only for Bruce- can be very great when you are there in person - but often not just listening to  the audio in your living room. And even more so when there is more than guest.

• Like 1

If they ever go back to uploading concerts on youtube. They should upload some of the performances he's done on TV. Namely the performances he did on Fallon from 2010 and 2012.

Currently, the only way to find them is hope that they didn't get copyright striked or find them on the internet archive in 1 min segments.

• Like 1

their computer is a reactive bot

somebody said the magic word

be careful about that, you will be alright

haha

8 hours ago, Lampi said:

Tom Waits on Jersey Girl, Patti Smith on Because The Night, many Southside Johnny guesting (and vice versa of course) over the years.

But...there are quite some of them which could qualify as candidate for 'Worst guest appearance'.... 

Let's just say guest appearances -in general, not only for Bruce- can be very great when you are there in person - but often not just listening to  the audio in your living room. And even more so when there is more than guest.

E Street Shuffle with The Roots is one of my favourites.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2020 at 9:44 AM, SydneyGirl said:

It's just part of the language so but I do tend to notice when I see people use it. Quote from Hanks on COVID: “Look, there’s no law against ignorance. It’s not illegal to have opinions that are wrong,” Hanks said on NBC’s “Today.” “But there is a darkness on the edge of town here folks, and ... let’s not confuse the fact: it’s killing people."

Is it "just part of the language" independent of Bruce's song? I heard Tom say that too...I don't doubt for a second he's referencing the song. 

• Like 2

A friend who has been staying home emailed me to say that he has now "finally" listened to "Bruce's discography" (he means the studio albums).

Verdict?

".... man, that is good.  There are no non-great songs in the whole lot."

(I will be shortly be lending him Tracks.:D

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

6 minutes ago, Rizla said:

".... man, that is good.  There are no non-great songs in the whole lot."

uUGNzvevz42xtNN6GsAgcGrSlDmn4Q0iRwFzV0Kr

BREAKING NEWS: WE'VE GOT SOMEONE WHO THINKS "REAL MAN" IS A GREAT SONG. ALERT. ALERT.

uUGNzvevz42xtNN6GsAgcGrSlDmn4Q0iRwFzV0Kr

I kid, of course, glad he enjoyed the lot! :D

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

BREAKING NEWS: WE'VE GOT SOMEONE WHO THINKS "REAL MAN" IS A GREAT SONG. ALERT. ALERT.

I am totally unashamed to say Real Man is one of my favourite non-E Street songs - complete cheese fest, but I’ve always loved the vocal melodies (particularly the pre-chorus “I don’t need no gun in my fist...”) and the lyrics are very honest and real - it’s a genuinely feelgood love song that challenges traditional masculinity 

That said, I won’t try to defend the synths..!!!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

6 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

I am totally unashamed to say Real Man is one of my favourite non-E Street songs - complete cheese fest, but I’ve always loved the vocal melodies (particularly the pre-chorus “I don’t need no gun in my fist...”) and the lyrics are very honest and real - it’s a genuinely feelgood love song that challenges traditional masculinity 

That said, I won’t try to defend the synths..!!!

The synths are the best part!!!

People are so down on synths these days :(

I remember when everyone loved them

I watched the video of the first time Jungleland was played after Clarence's death and was astonished how much it affected me after all this time. I cried.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The synths are the best part!!!

7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Just to clarify, I also love the synths - I just know that a lot of people find them very dated! As I said, I love the fact that this song is a total cheese-fest and the synths really add to that!!

I actually bought my first synth last year to compliment guitar tracks I was working on at the time - they are ridiculously fun instruments if you can get a good sound dialled in!

• Like 1

Played Darkness album the other day, first time in a long time. 

Come to find out Streets of Fire isn't the second song up! :D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Played Darkness album the other day, first time in a long time. 

Come to find out Streets of Fire isn't the second song up! :D

Not gonna lie, been listening to Houston '78 over the last week or so for the upcoming review and I've been thinking exactly the same thing :lol:

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2020 at 12:20 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

Not everyone